Stoke City v Leeds Utd - Post match discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Stoke City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gruev starts as Farke makes three changes

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:02 pm Devil's Advocate here....DF will only find out what he actually has in his squad by giving certain guys playing time. Today that was Gruev and Anthony. It didn't work. But he is still trying to find out what his combinations are. And who he can count on. Hopefully he learned something today. Because the changes were well off what our starting players can bring. And I'll throw Gnonto into that mix as well. He's a sub for me.
There you go being sensible, Paul...and correct :lol:
In Farke we trust...
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Re: Stoke City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gruev starts as Farke makes three changes

Post by whiteinfrance »

To say Stoke have no quality whatsoever is incorrect
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

Chasing Leicester is a lost case, but we are doing our best to make the gap to Ipswich bigger as well.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Clitheroe White wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:52 pm Subs should have been earlier

Bamford shouldn’t take pens.

Gray at rb is a waste.
100% agree.
Not all Bamfords fault, since we didn't play well the whole game but how can they let him take the penalty FFS!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:00 pm He squandered a good opportunity as soon as he came on by trying to go for glory when an easy pass was on.

When he comes on against tired legs he should look effective - but clutching at straws to suggest he should have started ahead of Gnonto.

They out fought us. Simple as that.

Gruev wasn’t at the races - some were calling for him not that long ago. Different game over here due to the pace.

The penalty miss changed the dynamic of the second half. The decision to take the penalty is made on the pitch. It is whoever fancies it.

Bamford is the 9 it is his job. Unfortunately he is inept of late. His conversion rate is shocking.
Maybe thats the case, but bamfraud runs across and won't let anyone else take it, it cost us again, he's trying to shake the monkey off his back but is actually making the situation worse, he's a fraud and Farke is at fault for picking him.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:03 pm There you go being sensible, Paul...and correct :lol:
I'm sure he "Sack Daniel Farke" brigade will be along shorty to tell me how wrong I am.... :roflmao:

P.S. I'm not absolving DF of any responsibility here.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:01 pm Well we got exactly what we deserved out there. Outrun, outfought, outplayed and the worst thing is that stoke have no quality whatsoever. That’s all I’m going to say, I’m so angry.
Totally agree - infuriating to see that penalty being handed to that clown. You could have put your house on him missing.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

If Saturday was won through farkes tactics tonight was lost because of them - poor lineup, dont drop your in form players in James and Summerville and don’t go to Stoke and try to sit deep - won’t be taking an auto spot this season Ipswich will be 12 point ahead of us soon and we struggle badly with midweek games.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

whiteinfrance wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:04 pm To say Stoke have no quality whatsoever is incorrect
We made them look good. They have already lost 7 matches.
ZekeCee
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by ZekeCee »

It's only October, last October on this date the top three were Burneley, QPR and Blackburn, so the situation will change vastly, Blackburn finished 7th and out the play-offs, QPR ended up 20th.

Poor result although a better second half performance, it really rested on Bamford's penalty miss, but even then there were chances to equalise.
Scott
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Scott »

They won that the moment Bamford lined up for the penalty. Should have been Rutter or Summerville; but frankly Meslier or a recently deceased badger would have been a better choice to take the penalty.

Not sure why Gurev started, but he didn't justify it, our midfield was terrible. Shackleton in at RB and Archie in the midfield would have been much better, Kamara hasn't done much wrong to be dropped too.

They kept such a high line, it was crying out from an attacker with pace, yet our 2 quickest wingers were dropped.

Stoke to be fair to them were better than us for large parts of the game, it certainly didn't look like a poor championship team against a promotion chasing team. Really disappointing, I expect some big changes.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

I'll say it again - if you watch it Bamford wasn't looking at the keeper at all so didn't realise thet he wasgoing the wrong way and all he had to do was pass it into an empty net
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:02 pm Devil's Advocate here....DF will only find out what he actually has in his squad by giving certain guys playing time. Today that was Gruev and Anthony. It didn't work. But he is still trying to find out what his combinations are. And who he can count on. Hopefully he learned something today. Because the changes were well off what our starting players can bring. And I'll throw Gnonto into that mix as well. He's a sub for me.
Gnonto has just come back from injury. He is one of our best players.
You have to give Stoke credit - they just out fought us for the most part.
We will not win every game and we will lose a few more. Yet every time we lose the same old narrative’s are thrown around.

We did not take our chances and the outcome is generally like this.

I like the look of Heover.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gruev needs games, and there's no such thing as reserve team football (god knows why.) In the long run playing Gruev tonight might benefit us but that's playing the long game

Paddy nowhere near match sharp, though lovely touch for the Summerville chance.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Scott wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:07 pm They won that the moment Bamford lined up for the penalty. Should have been Rutter or Summerville; but frankly Meslier or a recently deceased badger would have been a better choice to take the penalty.

Not sure why Gurev started, but he didn't justify it, our midfield was terrible. Shackleton in at RB and Archie in the midfield would have been much better, Kamara hasn't done much wrong to be dropped too.

They kept such a high line, it was crying out from an attacker with pace, yet our 2 quickest wingers were dropped.

Stoke to be fair to them were better than us for large parts of the game, it certainly didn't look like a poor championship team against a promotion chasing team. Really disappointing, I expect some big changes.
Deceased badger. Good one 👍🏼
This badger is not deceased, it’s just resting.
Last edited by Jaydog on Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Overman wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:55 pm On this showing, him and Anthony, look like very mediocre signings. Not good enough for rotating at this level. Stoke were there for the taking and our strongest side should have started.
This!

Start your best team, get control of the game and take players off as needed then.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:02 pm Again we squandered too many decent opportunities.
But it's negative to say that on here lol
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:07 pm I'll say it again - if you watch it Bamford wasn't looking at the keeper at all so didn't realise thet he wasgoing the wrong way and all he had to do was pass it into an empty net
Because he was too busy practising shushing the fans in his mind
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Scott wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:07 pm They won that the moment Bamford lined up for the penalty. Should have been Rutter or Summerville; but frankly Meslier or a recently deceased badger would have been a better choice to take the penalty.

I can't see Rutter being a penalty taker

It's actually hard to pick a penalty taker

Probably Ampadu or Summerville
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

whiteinfrance wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:07 pm I'll say it again - if you watch it Bamford wasn't looking at the keeper at all so didn't realise thet he wasgoing the wrong way and all he had to do was pass it into an empty net
He would have missed if the goalie was sat behind the net :evil:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"