Players Ratings vs Southampton (A)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Players Ratings vs Southampton (A)

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Shackleton
Struijk
Cooper
Byram
Ampadu
Kamara
Summerville
James
Rutter
Piroe
subs:
Gray
Anthony
Bamford N/A
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Players Ratings vs Southampton (A)

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 5.5
Shackleton - 5.5
Byram - 6.5
Ampadu - 7
Struijk - 8.5
Cooper - 3
James - 4.5
Kamara - 6.5
Piroe - 6
Rutter - 8.5
Summerville - 5.5

Gray - 6.5
Anthony - 7.5
Bamford - N/A ... Not sure he touched the ball bar with the arm. So N/A safest here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Meslier-5 . A few nice punches but should have done better for 2 of the goals.

Shacks-3 . Ran ragged all game

Byram- 3 . See Shacks.

Struijk-6 . Extra point for the goal.

Cooper-2 . Awful.

Ampadu-4 . Sloppy on the ball and slow off it.

Kamara-3 . .looked lost

Summerville-4. .A non factor all game.

Piroe-1 . .absolutely dreadful.

James-2. Wasteful

Rutter-2 . Everything good vs Watford wasn't here.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

From the sublime to the ridiculously average. I don't know how many Shredded Wheat Southampton had this morning but they were a far cry from what their recent form would suggest. The best side we have faced this season, certainly possession based by a country mile. That's what we would be facing week in week out in the PL only better. Credit where its due... they were clinical, pressed us hard and passed it better than us. Better than us all over the park only Pascal was anywhere near the standard today.

Meslier 5: Just not at the races today. The whole team looked flat and lethargic. No chance with the goals and he punched a couple well clear.
Shackleton 4: There was one moment late in the game that took me back to last season. The ball floated over to an unmarked player on the left and Shacks and whoever it was just stood and looked at each other.
Struijk 8: The best Away player by some margin. Scored a good goal should have had another and the OG aswell.
Cooper 4: Back to last season it took me. Cooper is the only CB who doesn't use the space in front of him which slows the attacks down. No good when we are 3-0 down. Rodon didn't deserve to be left out if there wasn't a knock?
Byram 3: He was awful today. We now know his nemesis is small tricky forwards.
Ampadu 4: His worst game for Leeds. No control in Midfield today. Bad day at the office.
Kamara 4: Tried to get around Midfield and it didn't really come off.
Summerville 3: A few flashes but good god those set-piece deliveries.
James 3: I saw Piroe pointing for the ball on a number of occasions. Wrong decisions to shoot on at least two occasions.
Rutter 6: Was our most creative outlet today without really creating that much. Lovely ball to Piroe who fluffed his lines.
Piroe 2: Terrible game i guess we will get the odd ones from him.

subs:
Gray
Anthony
Bamford N/A
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:55 pm Meslier-5 . A few nice punches but should have done better for 2 of the goals.

Byram- 3 . See Shacks.

Cooper-2 . Awful.

Kamara-3 . .looked lost

James-2. Wasteful

i agree with your ratings
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Cjay wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:55 pm Meslier-5 . A few nice punches but should have done better for 2 of the goals.

Byram- 3 . See Shacks.

Cooper-2 . Awful.

Kamara-3 . .looked lost

James-2. Wasteful

Other than all that Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play? :roflmao:
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Meslier - 5 - back to being shaky at the back. Dropped another ball in the air and was begging for a foul that never came. Distribution was harried.
Shackleton - 5.5 - ran and fought hard, but not much of a difference maker today.
Struijk - 7.5 - our best player today. Nice scrappy goal. Still doesn’t look the most comfortable at RCB, but didn’t have the shocker that Coop did.
Cooper - 4 - looked completely shell-shocked in the first 10 minutes. Armstrong looked even to me and he was Coop’s man. Distribution was so-so. Team looked like they lacked leadership throughout and he was captain.
Byram - 4.5 - flat and ineffective. His worst game of the season after having arguably his best game last week.
Ampadu - 5 - very flat and ineffective performance, but had a slight pickup in the second half so is slightly ahead of Byram’s grade. Am wondering if he might need a rest as he’s been our most relied on field player this season.
Kamara - 6.5 - I saw a decent game out of him. Some nice through passes and breakups. Seemed to be one of the only players trying to push the ball forward as opposed to hiding or passing backwards. Thought his yellow was harsh.
Summerville - 5.5 - not his best game. Defensive effort was culpable for two of Southampton’s goals, but man, he was fouled all over the pitch. I really believe the official owed him more protection which would likely have led to an improved offensive display from him. His free kicks were $hite.
James - 5 - he’s so wasteful and uninventive with his chances. I almost thought I saw flashes of Aaronson in his game today. Free kicks again weren’t good, but that’s the devil we know with him. Put in a shift effort-wise, so added .5 to his score.
Rutter - 6.5 - I saw a player trying to make things happen, but found things tougher going, which makes sense given Southampton is a superior team to Watford. Loved his pass to Piroe and again displayed some nice footwork.
Piroe - 4 - really poor display today. Poor finishing on the balls he got ahold of. Lost the ball too quickly when in possession. Distribution was poor. A shell of the player we saw last week.
subs:
Gray - 4.5 - pretty quiet and ineffective, but didn’t have many minutes. A near N/A rating
Anthony - 6.5 - nice spark off the bench. Good passing and movement. His free kicks were mostly dangerous and gave us a couple nice chances. Really think he needs to be starting ahead of James going forward all things being equal.
Bamford - N/A - I don’t think he touched the ball. Good to get him a run out fitness-wise.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

Not sure what James does to deserve a start.
2 of the most fortunate assists you will see at Millwall.
We all know the one word best describes him.......wasteful
Nothing will change.
A no brainer for me between him and Anthony, even before today.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:44 pm

Meslier 5: Just not at the races today. The whole team looked flat and lethargic. No chance with the goals and he punched a couple well clear.
Shackleton 4: There was one moment late in the game that took me back to last season. The ball floated over to an unmarked player on the left and Shacks and whoever it was just stood and looked at each other.
Struijk 8: The best Away player by some margin. Scored a good goal should have had another and the OG aswell.
Cooper 4: Back to last season it took me. Cooper is the only CB who doesn't use the space in front of him which slows the attacks down. No good when we are 3-0 down. Rodon didn't deserve to be left out if there wasn't a knock?
Ampadu 4: His worst game for Leeds. No control in Midfield today. Bad day at the office.
James 3: I saw Piroe pointing for the ball on a number of occasions. Wrong decisions to shoot on at least two occasions.
Rutter 6: Was our most creative outlet today without really creating that much. Lovely ball to Piroe who fluffed his lines.
We were as bad against Southampton as we were good against Watford. I think Leeds1000’s ratings are an accurate reflection of the game.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Phild wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:44 pm Not sure what James does to deserve a start.
2 of the most fortunate assists you will see at Millwall.
We all know the one word best describes him.......wasteful
Nothing will change.
A no brainer for me between him and Anthony, even before today.
Totally agree :tup:

Anthony played in three of the cherries Premier League matches this season. with many of his appearances in the championship for Bournemouth. Anthony's stats will be far greater than James, given game time by Farke.

Anthony is all round better winger than Dan.

James is so wasteful in the majority of our matches, no consistency to his game.

A sub at best imo!

Why do we make signings who are an improvement on what we have, but don't start them?

Play your best team every time!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:05 am We were as bad against Southampton as we were good against Watford. I think Leeds1000’s ratings are an accurate reflection of the game.
I doubt the ratings from 1000, are far off.

I confirm later this evening when I have more relaxation time.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

No ratings from me this time Leon

It was a 4:30 a.m. kick off here. Meant to watch at 7:30 but my streaming service was being dicky. By the time I'd read everyone's comments on the match thread, I opted out of a full watch and just watched the 6 minute highlights.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:44 pm From the sublime to the ridiculously average. I don't know how many Shredded Wheat Southampton had this morning but they were a far cry from what their recent form would suggest. The best side we have faced this season, certainly possession based by a country mile. That's what we would be facing week in week out in the PL only better. Credit where its due... they were clinical, pressed us hard and passed it better than us. Better than us all over the park only Pascal was anywhere near the standard today.

subs:
Gray
Anthony
Bamford N/A
Hard to argue with any of this. Mostly dire. Byram and Shackleton pretty much out to sea all game, along along with James and Summerville. Let's hope this was a one-off and things are back to where they were last week by Wednesday,
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I personally didn't think Byram & Summerville were as bad as some made out.

2 Meslier
4 Shackleton
2 Cooper
8.5 Struijk :fire:
5 Byram
6 Ampadu
2 Kamara
6 Summerville
2 James
2 Piroe
6.5 Rutter
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:05 pm I personally didn't think Byram & Summerville were as bad as some made out.

2 Meslier
4 Shackleton
2 Cooper
8.5 Struijk :fire:
5 Byram
6 Ampadu
2 Kamara
6 Summerville
2 James
2 Piroe
6.5 Rutter
Was wondering what you were going to think of Kamara. I think that is the only difference of opinion I have re: my ratings as I saw him being a bit more effective than Ampadu. But you had the benefit of a rewatch and might’ve picked up a couple of extra things. Were there certain areas that stood out that caused the low rating?
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JoeDenver wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:31 am Was wondering what you were going to think of Kamara. I think that is the only difference of opinion I have re: my ratings as I saw him being a bit more effective than Ampadu. But you had the benefit of a rewatch and might’ve picked up a couple of extra things. Were there certain areas that stood out that caused the low rating?
Ampadu's passing rate was much higher.

Kamara stood ball watching & making zero effort to challenge Smallbone for his goal.

Ampadu nowhere near is usual involvement in the game, Kamara was even quieter.

We were outnumbered in central midfield.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:33 am Ampadu's passing rate was much higher.

Kamara stood ball watching & making zero effort to challenge Smallbone for his goal.

Ampadu nowhere near is usual involvement in the game, Kamara was even quieter.

We were outnumbered in central midfield.
That'll be interesting going into the tricky away games.

Does Farke change the shape by dropping one of the front four into a three man midfield?
Or play three CBs and use wing backs?

I'm sure some will know if DF has those approaches in his history.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

:gold: Struijk
:silver: Rutter
:bronze: Ampadu