Arsenal 4-1 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra, Summerville, Kristensen & Struijk Start

Post by Cjay »

Meh some good moments but ultimately the usual lack of quality in both boxes cost us badly.

First 30 minutes or so we were the better side, held Arsenal at arms length easily and created decent chances which needed to be taken but werent.

And then the usual London tref bias gifted Arsenal a penalty which Meslier got nowhere near, Ayling was clumsy though and got worse as the game went on, a weak link all game.

Kristensen had a really decent game i felt, playing whereever he was meant to be.

Harrison had his usual occasional good moments with his usual poor ones.

Roca did a decent job to i felt largely and Aaronson grew into the game with his energy and running with the ball.

Sinisterra whilst clearly rusty had bright moments and Summerville was the pick of the players.

Rutter also had a bright cameo and id be tempted to start him.

Subs were largely ineffective.

Bamford just fouled people and Rodrigo was as expected just a warm body, not the game for him.

Some bright moments but that game showed why we are where we are.

Cant take advantage of good moments and lack the quality to stop giving away easy chances.

If you cant score and cant stop giving away easy chances then this is where you will end up
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Re: Arsenal v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra, Summerville, Kristensen & Struijk Start

Post by Finnatic »

:lol: :twisted:
GreennWhite wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:53 pm Finnatic....Cjay doesn't do positive that's lost on him, lol
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:00 pm table111.jpg
Very likely to be back in the bottom 3 after the weekend games.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Score flattered Arsenal. We gifted them goals. Ayling once again poor in the tackle for their 2nd and i think it was Harrison? who switched off and let BW in. The third we have 4/5 players in the box and yet the ball some how finds its way to jesus despite traussard just putting it in the box without looking and their 4th neither Ayling or Rasmus bothered to get colse to their player. Every Asenal goal could have been stopped.... But that's why they at the top and we are near the bottom.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Ayling again at fault for xackas goal. He's way out of his depth in this league. More useful as a striker imo. Has to go in the summer.
A game to forget and move on sharpish , total focus has to be on forest as of now.
I thought we played ok but Ayling is a fkn nightmare in defence.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:03 pm Score flattered Arsenal. We gifted them goals. Ayling once again poor in the tackle for their 2nd and i think it was Harrison? who switched off and let BW in. The third we have 4/5 players in the box and yet the ball some how finds its way to jesus despite traussard just putting it in the box without looking and their 4th neither Ayling or Rasmus bothered to get colse to their player. Every Asenal goal could have been stopped.... But that's why they at the top and we are near the bottom.
Spot on.
Dreadful defending for all the goals.
Ayling was particularly poor.
I thought Firpo was our best defender today.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:00 pm table111.jpg
That’s changed since Leicester got beat mate.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:03 pm Score flattered Arsenal. We gifted them goals. Ayling once again poor in the tackle for their 2nd and i think it was Harrison? who switched off and let BW in. The third we have 4/5 players in the box and yet the ball some how finds its way to jesus despite traussard just putting it in the box without looking and their 4th neither Ayling or Rasmus bothered to get colse to their player. Every Asenal goal could have been stopped.... But that's why they at the top and we are near the bottom.
It was mate.

And some on here think Jack would make a left-back :roll: he was ball-watching in a daydream.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:06 pm Spot on.
Dreadful defending for all the goals.
Ayling was particularly poor.
I thought Firpo was our best defender today.
One of his best games Chilli. He really is proving me wrong.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:01 pm Meh some good moments but ultimately the usual lack of quality in both boxes cost us badly.

First 30 minutes or so we were the better side, held Arsenal at arms length easily and created decent chances which needed to be taken but werent.

And then the usual London tref bias gifted Arsenal a penalty which Meslier got nowhere near, Ayling was clumsy though and got worse as the game went on, a weak link all game.

Kristensen had a really decent game i felt, playing whereever he was meant to be.

Harrison had his usual occasional good moments with his usual poor ones.

Roca did a decent job to i felt largely and Aaronson grew into the game with his energy and running with the ball.

Sinisterra whilst clearly rusty had bright moments and Summerville was the pick of the players.

Rutter also had a bright cameo and id be tempted to start him.

Subs were largely ineffective.

Bamford just fouled people and Rodrigo was as expected just a warm body, not the game for him.

Some bright moments but that game showed why we are where we are.

Cant take advantage of good moments and lack the quality to stop giving away easy chances.

If you cant score and cant stop giving away easy chances then this is where you will end up
Re Rasmus, it was a very non descript position
Not quite RB or RCB of a three or DM either but it sort of worked.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:07 pm It was mate.

And some on here think Jack would make a left-back :roll: he was ball-watching in a daydream.
Its not difficult 64. He even had his head in his hands afterwards. He needs to realise is too late by then.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:07 pm It was mate.

Was probably think Ayling would win the tackle but if you put in a half hearted tackle, you usually don’t win it and that’s what happened.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:04 pm Ayling again at fault for xackas goal. He's way out of his depth in this league. More useful as a striker imo. Has to go in the summer.
A game to forget and move on sharpish , total focus has to be on forest as of now.
I thought we played ok but Ayling is a fkn nightmare in defence.

I am not defending Ayling - he has never been a solid consistent defender, better going forwards. But that Xaka goal was Saka toying with three players on the right and moving the ball quickly. The speed of the switch of play from the right to a quality delivery is why they are top because of their quality) just completely wrong footed Rasmus and Ayling. But hey easier to repeat the same boring narrative that it was all Ayling fault.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:59 pm 💯 Scooby and I think the Palace match is too
All our home matches are important, especially Forest, Palace & Leicester.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

No one in their right mind could think we were going to get anything out of todays game. The gulf in class is massive, the fact that Arsenal didn't play well according to some on here means very little as they only had to beat what was in front of them. They are top of the league for a good reason.
When you are up against quality players its very easy for them to make you look foolish and make you do silly things, just like what happened during the game. Effort and commitment will only get you so far, its not like we didn't try.
We came into this game having had a poor season so far ( but definitely getting better ) had some of our most important players missing, we were playing the best team in the league, yet some still cant wait to criticise players when they make a mistake.
It beggars believe at times what some people want or expect.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:11 pm I am not defending Ayling - he has never been a solid consistent defender, better going forwards. But that Xaka goal was Saka toying with three players on the right and moving the ball quickly. The speed of the switch of play from the right to a quality delivery is why they are top because of their quality) just completely wrong footed Rasmus and Ayling. But hey easier to repeat the same boring narrative that it was all Ayling fault.
Ayling was bollocking Rasmus afterwards
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Scoobychief wrote:Does the Forrest game now become a must win game?
It's not a must win BUT to make life easier beating Forest, Palace and Leicester at ER will almost see us safe . On the other hand if we lose these we are almost certainly down. We cannot lose but they know the importance of winning.

Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:15 pm It's not a must win BUT to make life easier beating Forest, Palace and Leicester at ER will almost see us safe . On the other hand if we lose these we are almost certainly down. We cannot lose but they know the importance of winning.

:tup:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Nobody mentioned that without Wober we are a shambles defensively.

Wober and Koch are the only decent CBs at the club - and Koch only plays well with Wober alongside him.

All this nonsense spouted by some that it's mainly all down to ' the system ' No it's not - it's down to the quality ( or lack of without Wober ) of the defenders.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:19 pm Nobody mentioned that without Wober we are a shambles defensively.
Just about to post up the very same

Anyone who think that Ayling, Kristensen, Pascal or Cooper can adequately replace Wober needs to give their head a good shake.

Posted a couple of times on different threads over the last few days, Wober would be a massive miss & was my main injury concern.