Nottingham Forest 1-0 Leeds Utd - Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Re: Nottingham Forest 1-0 Leeds Utd - Match Debate

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

I hate the way JM set up the team today. We go out and sign Weston McKennie from Juventus and EVERYTHING points toward going to a 4-3-3 with Adams, Roca, McKennie. But instead we go 4-2-3-1 with f**king Harrison in the middle again. We could have even run out in a 4-4-2 with Sinisterra, Roca, Adams, McKennie. And Bamford and Giorginio up top. So many options. But we do the same old thing.

One of the things that gave me hope was that I clearly saw some tactical adjustments being made since the World Cup break. But we regressed today big time.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:30 am I hate the way JM set up the team today. We go out and sign Weston McKennie from Juventus and EVERYTHING points toward going to a 4-3-3 with Adams, Roca, McKennie. But instead we go 4-2-3-1 with f**king Harrison in the middle again. We could have even run out in a 4-4-2 with Sinisterra, Roca, Adams, McKennie. And Bamford and Giorginio up top. So many options. But we do the same old thing.

One of the things that gave me hope was that I clearly saw some tactical adjustments being made since the World Cup break. But we regressed today big time.
The worst of it was he doubled up on the left with Harrison nudging over towards Gnonto. Maybe not bad if Harrison plays in the middle and floats out there occasionally. But it was virtually 2 left wingers all game.

Cooper countered that at half time bring on an extra right back and going to a back 5. But Marsch never changed it. Not until 83 minutes. Absolutely devoid of a Plan B.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:47 pm So who was marking Forest's most dangerous forward Johnson on the edge of the box?

Do our players have any football intelligence/awareness?
No. It was abysmal amateurish defending as always. The only chance they had in the 1st half. The only one they needed against us.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Chilli D wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:20 pm I don't think he'll be sacked this week but I think if we get 0 points against Manure he will be gone.
I think he needs at least 2 points from the 2 games. Win one or draw both. We shouldn't expect to get anything. But the fact that his record has been so bad since the world cup means the decision should be made now. IMO he's gone already. But 2 points in 2 games will buy him a little more time.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:45 am The worst of it was he doubled up on the left with Harrison nudging over towards Gnonto. Maybe not bad if Harrison plays in the middle and floats out there occasionally. But it was virtually 2 left wingers all game.

Cooper countered that at half time bring on an extra right back and going to a back 5. But Marsch never changed it. Not until 83 minutes. Absolutely devoid of a Plan B.
At one point I think I counted 5 players from the left channel to the left touchline. WTF!!!

So much for the greater positional play I was anticipating....
Football/Futbol/Soccer
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:20 pm I don't think he'll be sacked this week but I think if we get 0 points against Manure he will be gone.
I'm beginning to think he wants to be gone but can't resign as he misses out on his pay day, his best option seems to be to lose, as well as he can, both games against Manure ... That's not great for us, 2 games less and maybe puts us bottom 2.

He's talking gibberish also...

Points against Manure probably prolongs his agony...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:00 am I'm beginning to think he wants to be gone but can't resign as he misses out on his pay day, his best option seems to be to lose, as well as he can, both games against Manure ... That's not great for us, 2 games less and maybe puts us bottom 2.

He's talking gibberish also...

Points against Manure probably prolongs his agony...
He looked a broken man at the final whistle yesterday.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:30 am I hate the way JM set up the team today. We go out and sign Weston McKennie from Juventus and EVERYTHING points toward going to a 4-3-3 with Adams, Roca, McKennie. But instead we go 4-2-3-1 with f**king Harrison in the middle again. We could have even run out in a 4-4-2 with Sinisterra, Roca, Adams, McKennie. And Bamford and Giorginio up top. So many options. But we do the same old thing.

There definitely seems a change in tactics as we do seem to be doing a lot less high pressing, yet we still ened up with 4 or 5 players all within touching distance when we get the ball. Is this down to Jesse instructing us not to commit as much to the press so we aren't as vulnerable? If this is the case it has worked to some degree as we aren't being ripped open as much but the flip side is we look a lot less threatening. Or is it that opposition managers have tweaked their tactics which sees our players still getting into the positions to press but the ball is no longer there so we don't get to win it back. I think it is mainly down to the oppositon managers having worked us out.