Leeds Utd 4-3 Bournemouth. UNCUT VERSION. You'll feel you were there.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Bournemouth Match Thread - Bamford misses out due to injury

Post by whiteinfrance »

I don't understand what's going on.

There were at least 2 occasions when Bournemouth broke and our 2 most covering players at the back were midfielders!

So where were the defenders? Woeful.
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:23 pm But when he started against Fulham, everyone moaned. Tyler is undroppable atm and Roca hasn't done anything wrong yet either.
Roca has taken a couple of good corners. Just don't want to see the two lovebirds tapping their heads wasting our set-piece opportunities anymore.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:32 pm I don't understand what's going on.

There were at least 2 occasions when Bournemouth broke and our 2 most covering players at the back were midfielders!

Gone up field for a corner.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

I had a mini stroke when Harrison scored the winner at Brentford, last season, and the buggers are trying to finish me off, now. Excellent last 40 mins, but my blood pressure was going thru the roof.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:07 pm I was fuming :x

Imagine a championship club tearing us apart at ER :roll:
Imagine

I've understood several times over the past few weeks. No matter how well we play we get punished by teams of better quality. Teams like Palace, Villa, Leicester have had more years in the top flight. They have better quality overall in their squad. They put away chances better than we do. They come out winners in games they didn't dominate. There's an excuse for us there. It will take us a couple of years to catch them up in terms of quality..

But Bournemouth? A newly promoted side? Fulham? They dont have an experience or quality advantage over us. We have no excuses for being punished against newly promoted sides.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:34 pm With more to come from young Sam.
Hope so. Shown great potential with the reserves. Hopefully he's ready to take the next step.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:37 pm As opposed to our whispering duo.

I don't want to see them take corner-kicks again.
Greenwood far better than both of them. What a shame for 2 quality footballers that they can't deliver the basics from the easiest of set ups. I'd rather see Roca taking corner now too.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

White Riot wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:45 pm When there were rumours that we were gonna sell him to Newcastle for £40 mil, I said at the time that we should snap their hands off.
Me too. But only on the basis that Marsch won't get the best out of him. Let's sign the players Marsch does want and cash in on those he doesn't.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:07 pm Gnonto has played for Italy four times, never had any doubts him.

Gelhardt is a favourite of mine.

Summerville has shown vs Brentford Fulham & Liverpool is ready, had a couple of cameo PL appearances last season.

Greenwood has a few PL games under his belt & did things today his experienced colleagues seem incapable of.

Those four are ready ---- as for the rest they will have to wait for their opportunity if good enough.
Six even!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:19 pm Limited skills, hasn't the pace of Summerville or Gnonto, his goals have dried up.

Chooses the wrong option on far too many occasions.
I think he started believing the hype early season.

Not sure how long he has left at Leeds, But needs to become "a son of a bitch" (Marsch's words last season) again
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:31 pm Well for that to happen Greenwood has to start
Roca is another option
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:32 pm I don't understand what's going on.

I can recall that once. Their 3rd. IT was from a set piece. Our defenders are up front. So Adams and Gnonto were the last 2 men back. It was all still pretty woeful. Adams and Gnonto were covering. But Koch and Cooper seemed so slow to recover. Cooper in particular seemed to have the attitude that the 2 non-defenders had it covered. I was in complete horror when I watched that whole thing playing out.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:44 pm Roca has taken a couple of good corners. Just don't want to see the two lovebirds tapping their heads wasting our set-piece opportunities anymore.
It's become a bit of pantomime routine. Time for something different.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Defensive Array

Correcting one of my earlier comments. For their first, we had a 5 on 2 on the left side. When it came to the other side, it was 3 to 2, with one man totally open. Unacceptable!!!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:21 am It's become a bit of pantomime routine. Time for something different.
I tell you, fans in the ground think the pantomime routine is a complete joke.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:14 pm Indeed, but the fact is we have better than Harrison now in Summerville, Gnonto & Sinisterra (when fit), he can toddle off to Newcastle or where ever his career takes him imo, fed up of his one-dimensional style & inconsistency.
Something I've been saying for a while. He still has a lot to offer in my opinion but like any player if he gets sold I'm not losing any sleep. Raphinha going didn't bother me so why would Jack?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

TBF we have had a sub standard defence ever since being promoted. Our recruitment has been all wrong in terms of the defence.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:04 am Imagine

I've understood several times over the past few weeks. No matter how well we play we get punished by teams of better quality. Teams like Palace, Villa, Leicester have had more years in the top flight. They have better quality overall in their squad. They put away chances better than we do. They come out winners in games they didn't dominate. There's an excuse for us there. It will take us a couple of years to catch them up in terms of quality..

But Bournemouth? A newly promoted side? Fulham? They dont have an experience or quality advantage over us. We have no excuses for being punished against newly promoted sides.
We have one of the weakest defensive backlines in the PL - it's that simple really. We could try 10 different managers and that fact wont change unless we change the players. After Pontus left our permanent signings for the defence have been appalling.And Cooper was never a PL CB anyway.

Bournemouth countered our press with long balls - and our defence is so inept that we looked like conceding everytime that they did this.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:34 am Something I've been saying for a while. He still has a lot to offer in my opinion but like any player if he gets sold I'm not losing any sleep. Raphinha going didn't bother me so why would Jack?
Yes, Raphinha saved us last season, but like Jack he was a inconsistent performer, never had a good game vs the top six & struggled against some of the lesser teams too. Now he finds himself on the bench at Barcelona.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:46 am Yes, Raphinha saved us last season, but like Jack he was a inconsistent performer, never had a good game vs the top six & struggled against some of the lesser teams too. Now he finds himself on the bench at Barcelona.
I'd have him back in a flash though..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"