Leeds Utd 2-3 Fulham Match Thread - Six changes for Leeds as Adams misses out

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Fulham Match Thread - Six changes for Leeds as Adams misses out

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:59 pm As soon as I saw the line-up I was very apprehensive of our chances of acquiring a point, let alone a victory.

Dropping Rasmas was a crazy decision.

I've previously posted I'd be concerned if Adams was unavailable, my fears were warranted today.
I did post that you would be fizzling when you saw the team selection Leon....
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I've woke up to a text from a mate asking if i've seen the footage of Kinnear in the car park with some fans, i don't know what he's on about, has anyone seen it ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:23 am I've woke up to a text from a mate asking if i've seen the footage of Kinnear in the car park with some fans, i don't know what he's on about, has anyone seen it ?
Look in the "Kinnear speaks after Fulham" thread mate.

;-)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:20 pm I did post that you would be fizzling when you saw the team selection Leon....
My post on the 'Who Do You Hold Responsible' thread

https://motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1010211

That's how bad I feel, Swannie.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:41 am Look in the "Kinnear speaks after Fulham" thread mate.

;-)
Ahh yeah cheers, i'd actually been on there and seen cjays post without clicking on anything coz i don't do that twitter jobbie.

he got the message, there's unrest and so there should be.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1corvus1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by 1corvus1 »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:04 pm We were all huff & puff running around like headless chickens.

Fulham were much more precise with their passing & movement, we were outclassed to be honest.
100% correct
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

What is the best CB pairing, and which way round? Koch & PS?
Assuming we have a proper LB that is. We have a decent improving RB but Marsch doesn’t always think so apparently
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:23 am What is the best CB pairing, and which way round? Koch & PS?
Assuming we have a proper LB that is. We have a decent improving RB but Marsch doesn’t always think so apparently
Koch/Cooper with Ras and Pascal the fulls. We don't have the sweeper to play flying wing backs. Adams is good but he's not the same as Kalvin
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:36 am Koch/Cooper with Ras and Pascal the fulls. We don't have the sweeper to play flying wing backs. Adams is good but he's not the same as Kalvin
I’m talking hypothetically as if we had a LB as good as our RB which we don’t imo. For me then it’s Koch/PS
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:44 am I’m talking hypothetically as if we had a LB as good as our RB which we don’t imo. For me then it’s Koch/PS
See again, not sure why everyone thinks Pascal is a CD first and foremost. If you go back to games he played last season you'll see most of his impressive performances have come as left full back, his central defensive work last season, not so good..

For me now he's a left back who can fill in at centre back not the other way round. I also think Kristensen could play right sided centre back and very well, we missed him badly v Fulham and I do think if we'd gotten the team selection right for the last two we'd have 4 points more than we do, might be 6 if we knew how to make tactic substitutions and we wouldn't be having these conversations ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:53 am See again, not sure why everyone thinks Pascal is a CD first and foremost. If you go back to games he played last season you'll see most of his impressive performances have come as left full back, his central defensive work last season, not so good..

For me now he's a left back who can fill in at centre back not the other way round.
Fair point. I do think he’s done well at LB & anyway we won’t be bringing another in so it’s a pointless question really. They have Hjelde fit again too I think.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Hjelde I feel is a left centre back but not seen enough tbh

Getting creative

Ayling - Kristensen - Hjelde - Struijk
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:53 am See again, not sure why everyone thinks Pascal is a CD first and foremost. If you go back to games he played last season you'll see most of his impressive performances have come as left full back, his central defensive work last season, not so good..

For me now he's a left back who can fill in at centre back not the other way round. I also think Kristensen could play right sided centre back and very well, we missed him badly v Fulham and I do think if we'd gotten the team selection right for the last two we'd have 4 points more than we do, might be 6 if we knew how to make tactic substitutions and we wouldn't be having these conversations ...
But he can't bomb forward the way we need and he hasnt a shot in him. He is competent but we need so someone with a spark.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:04 am But he can't bomb forward the way we need and he hasnt a shot in him. He is competent but we need so someone with a spark.
It's best he doesn't bomb forward, ditto Kristenson. Notice I called him a full back not a wing back, wing backs you need a player that can drop in and play sweeper ala Kalvin last season. Adams is more a combative box to box DMF less of a defender.. Roca not really a defender at all, more our Klich replacement. We'd need to play Llorente as the deep CD if we want to play 3-5-2 and then you play Ayling and Firpo....
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:23 am What is the best CB pairing, and which way round? Koch & PS?
Jay all this depends on the manager and his style.

Big Sam would probably get some sort of defence out of our group of defenders, but i don't know how good and whom.

Bert would go about it differently and have them believing in themselves being confident on the ball and making themselves available to be passed to and not depend too much on the type of defending Big Sam would insist on.

I do believe a manager like Big Sam might be able to do summert but he's got his work cut out to say the least

Firpo should not be anywhere near a place in any manager in the worlds team.

The first job a new manager needs to do is rid them all of this narrow dick 4-2-2-2 instantly, completely remove it from their thought process, it should be easy.

Then sit down individually with each player and find out from them what they consider their best position and what they feel which formation brings out the best in them.

Time is not on our side for a fresh new manager and we need to act fast.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

faaip wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:15 am It's best he doesn't bomb forward, ditto Kristenson. Notice I called him a full back not a wing back, wing backs you need a player that can drop in and play sweeper ala Kalvin last season. Adams is more a combative box to box DMF less of a defender.. Roca not really a defender at all, more our Klich replacement. We'd need to play Llorente as the deep CD if we want to play 3-5-2 and then you play Ayling and Firpo....
Jeez Faaip, in all due respect and you probably think the same of me, but i'm glad you're not in charge.

Are you older or younger generation ? How old are you ? I don't mean it derogatory but just trying to guess what football you were brought up with...i.e 1960's 70's 80's etc ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Tyler had a 'minor muscle injury'

;@)