Rotherham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Rotherham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

Firpo . . . . .

hes-back.gif
hes-back.gif (299.73 KiB) Viewed 512 times
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Firpo ffs, described him 20 times on here as the worst player ever to wear the shirt, please Lord help him prove me wrong tonight 🙏🏻
Keeping The Faith
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Right it's only Rotherham, but i urge everyone to follow Firpo every second you can ont tele, just watch the dickhead in and owt of possession.

Cue - 2 goals :roll:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:03 pm Firpo ffs, described him 20 times on here as the worst player ever to wear the shirt, please Lord help him prove me wrong tonight 🙏🏻
Not even close
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:01 pm Geo plays, excellent news. Byram on the bench as is Struijk? Not sure I like injured players on the bench. No Spence yet
Makes you wonder if Byram and Struijk are fully fit or if DF is managing the three matches in the week and playing/recovery time or something inbetween.
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:04 pm Not even close
Sub has a point, KB. Maybe this level of play is just what Dr. DF ordered for Firpo's confidence. If you trust DF's other selections it might be worth the benefit of the doubt here too.
In Farke we trust...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:05 pm Makes you wonder if Byram and Struijk are fully fit or if DF is managing the three matches in the week and playing/recovery time or something inbetween.
I'd hope Struijk is still getting over the minor op and not Cooper reclaiming seniority. Coop is not in Struijk's class .. I'd assume both could play if say Coop or Firpo got injured inside 10 minutes.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:05 pm Makes you wonder if Byram and Struijk are fully fit or if DF is managing the three matches in the week and playing/recovery time or something inbetween.
C'mon, let's think abart it Ash, PS just had an Hernia op, Byram hobbled off last game.

We're playing Rotherham.

LC is just as good as PS at playing the ball out (probably better)

The main concern tonight is how exposed Firpo leaves LC, you just watch where Firpo is ALL the time you can, and the positions he takes up.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:08 pm I'd hope Struijk is still getting over the minor op and not Cooper reclaiming seniority. Coop is not in Struijk's class .. I'd assume both could play if say Coop or Firpo got injured inside 10 minutes.
That's my thinking too, I'm guessing they both could play from the off but DF is giving them as much recovery time as possible. Also, it goes without saying that making a single change is always better than two or three, so a good time for Firpo to get some match-time minutes as well, as we'll more than likely need his services at some point again this season.
In Farke we trust...
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Disappointed not to see Spence on the bench at least, I hope he hasn’t got another freak injury. Not at all convinced by this defence, and I’m not one to tempt fate by saying it’s only …
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:08 pm Sub has a point, KB. Maybe this level of play is just what Dr. DF ordered for Firpo's confidence. If you trust DF's other selections it might be worth the benefit of the doubt here too.
I'll tell you what i'm watching for tonight right Ash.

I've got DF down atm as no mug, so, he's either worked on Firpo, or he ain't seen enough of his shite defending - I doubt it's the latter.

So i'm looking for ANY sort of improvement.

;@)
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:11 pm C'mon, let's think abart it Ash, PS just had an Hernia op, Byram hobbled off last game.

We're playing Rotherham.

The main concern tonight is how exposed Firpo leaves LC, you just watch where Firpo is ALL the time you can, and the positions he takes up.
Or rather the positions he DOESN'T take up!
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'll tell you what i am actually hoping now, is that DF proper goes on the front foot, and pushes him forward and LC comes over more to the left as if to play 3 at the back, the wild one can then be forgiven for getting forward and not back as much, it all depends on Rotherham on that side and whether their gaffer has done his homework.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:20 pm Or rather the positions he DOESN'T take up!
DF might be just as well getting a sheepdog whistle ..." come by....come by lad....COME FCKING BY FFS !!!! "

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:11 pm C'mon, let's think abart it Ash, PS just had an Hernia op, Byram hobbled off last game.

We're playing Rotherham.

That's my main concern too, KB. The last goal we gave up, against Plymouth, was with Firpo too far forward and/or not tracking back quick enough and Coops behind him. Granted is was a picture perfect pass from the Pilgrims to set it up but still.
In Farke we trust...
Hewin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hewin »

Watch firpo come back and play an absolute blinder
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Hewin wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:31 pm Watch firpo come back and play an absolute blinder
Wouldn't that be awful ....
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Rotherham Utd v Leeds Utd Links

Hidden

The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this content.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Little worried about the Firpo/Cooper thing, but we should still have enough to beat Rotherham.

Definitely an attacking lineup.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cooper and Firpo covering the left hand side :shock:

What could go wrong?

At least The Fraud isn't starting :tup:

Tfft