Fulham 2-0 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:18 pm We need an Adams in our team. Most good sides have a player of a similar ilk. Water carriers.

Roca is weak in the tackle, his passing is hit or miss and like Adams and McK offers nothing going forwards or in front of goal. Aaronson is the best we have to play in front of Adams and McK who create a good platform - but Aaronson lacks that guile which I think may come, but it will not be this season.

Defensively we are pretty solid, particularly with Wober and Koch in the team. I know Firpo has been playing better by his standards, but he is limited at this level and not a LB - he is nowhere near Ayling’s level, who I thought was one of our best players again.

Bamford is Championship quality at best. No athleticism or real hunger to compete at this level.
Harrison is Harrison.

The rest of the team is young, promising and inconsistent players, who can conjure quality but not consistently enough. Gnonto is still the most consistent out of them IMO.

What we miss is a Pablo - someone who can put their foot on the ball and deliver quality consistently in the attacking third. But we are all fully aware of this.
Basically agree with this.

We have to many water carriers imo.

Lots of players good at doing the dirty work but the quality isn't there
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:25 pm Yet the shooting was all astray - professional footballers who can't even get the ball on target. Always blazed over or dragged wide. What do the coaching staff do ? And do they ever do shooting practice in training ?
They definitely do, but I suspect a lot more focus has been on getting the defensive shape and initial tactics right. With some time, I think they’ll get back to working on the finer nuances of their work in the final third. What is encouraging is that we saw a lot of opportunities being created against a very good side. We were unlucky to not get at least a goal. I trust Garcia will gradually work more on the fine-tuning aspects of the game (i.e., finishing) in the coming weeks. Clearly lots of talent there. It’s just a matter of getting it working more cohesively. Again, lots of teachable moments that hopefully are learned from.

MOT…
Last edited by JoeDenver on Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:51 pm Agree Cjay.

We just don't have a Pablo in our midfield or a Yeboah up top.......creativity & goals.
Because we prioritise the wrong things.

We are obsessed with running stats or sell on potential.

We should have signed more players who are just good at there job.

Creative midfielders who create and strikers who score.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:53 pm Do they ever do set-piece work in training ?
Have you watched their training videos, Mental?

The players fired shots in from all angles with just a keeper to beat, no defenders putting any pressure on those taking the shots.

Also, our players dribble past stationary plastic figures :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:18 pm Because we prioritise the wrong things.

We are obsessed with running stats or sell on potential.

We should have signed more players who are just good at there job.

Creative midfielders who create and strikers who score.
A certain Georgian :verysad:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:15 pm Well we aren't scoring with those two on the pitch then!
I see Jack came up with his statutory shot, miles over the bar again.
Ackermann
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Fulham 2-0 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate.

Post by Ackermann »

Decent performances won`t cut it. Need decent results...but cup was a free hit, so that the positive I guess. ;-)
(Don`t want to go down decently though...obviously.)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:23 pm Have you watched their training videos, Mental?

The players fired shots in from all angles with just a keeper to beat, no defenders putting any pressure on those taking the shots.

Also, our players dribble past stationary plastic figures :roll:
To be fair - the last thing you need is a misplaced air shot - and we have that in our locker, with a real risk of hitting a defenders knee cap. Flippancy aside you can’t run the risk of needless injury in training.
I play golf to a decent standard was off 8 until I hit 50. But on the driving range with no pressure I am as consistent as hell, get on the course and I hit a few wayward shots. The difference between quality and just good is consistency. It is the same with most ball sports. You have to be on the money 18/19 times out of 20 not 10/12.

Beckham was Mr consistent when it came to striking a ball dead ball. Phenomenal technique. But his training regime was obsessive. That is what it takes to have immaculate muscle memory.
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:07 pm I thought that since Saturday, tonight I'm obviously deflated, infact furious again by bamfords 3 touches in almost 30 minutes
Haven’t seen the game yet but I hope they were quality touches at £23,000 a pop.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:43 pm Decent performance there and gives me plenty of confidence for the rest of the season. Limited Fulham to hardly anything, they could have those shots another 100 times each and not score. We create plenty, even when Fulham were able to defend their lead. Very positive start to Gracia's time in charge as we look good defensively, have a decent shape and are able to create chances, play like that and thee goals will come.

I know some fans will say we had some positive performances without results with Marsch but tonight's performance was a million miles away from the Marsch performances where we could have easily have conceded 10 as we could have scored 5 and the goals we were cnceding under Marsch were us being ripped open rather than 'worldies.'
:clapp: :shirtw: YEEHA !!! Jeez i'm so glad you've posted this, i'll come back to it, i'm just catching up on the posts.

Fkin hell Weasel there's gonna be some cry babies on here soon, this is gonna be funny as fck from hereon in and i for one can't wait :roflmao: :lol: :)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:46 pm Was ok, positive signs I think. Not sure about the space the midfield three gave Fulham though.
This ^
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:47 pm Bit worrying.
We score so infrequently.
Even the Soton winner was a little lucky.
You have to think something will change soon. Not sure myself. Maybe Rodrigo coming back because he is currently on all the evidence our only natural goalscorer. Mind you I’d definitely play Rutter before Bamford on tonight’s evidence

1. It is gonna do and fck me it ain't half gonna be funny round these parts :)

2. I wouldn't count on that, but it's gonna be interesting to say the least.

3. Not sure how you work that out on tonights evidence, but to me it's quite the contrary.

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Re: Fulham 2-0 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate.

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

I've been on the road as we Americans like to say. Driving from Michigan to my home in the Black Hills of South Dakota. It's 1200 miles or about 1900 Kilometers. To put it in perspective its about 20 hours total. These days it's a 2 1/2 day drive for me. Because I'm old and need my beauty sleep. And I have to piss a lot! :roflmao:

Anyway, I just watched the match replay in my Hotel room. And my overall impressions were that we were mostly good. Despite the scoreline we were good defensively. They didn't really create much. We outshot them something like 16 to 8? But our finishing was non-existent. And our passing was sloppy. The midfield 3 of Roca, Adams, McKennie was a bit disappointing. Again, not terrible but way too many bad passes. I thought this was Tyler Adams worst game in a Leeds shirt.

Whatever the question is.....Marc Roca is not the answer.

There were 5 American Internationals on the pitch at one point tonight. Go, Go USA!!! Sadly for us, the best of the bunch was Tim Ream. The Fulham Captain had a GREAT game!! Certainly MOTM for them.

Javi Gracia sounded EXACTLY like Jesse Marsch in the post match interview. Happy with the performance.....We were the better side....Bla, Bla, Bla.
Last edited by BlackHillsPaul on Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Boo Radley wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:48 pm What's missing is a leader on the pitch. Someone needs to kick arse out there to calm them down and play properly. The amount of passes that Adams and Roca misplaced was ridiculous. Has to be fixed.

Don't panic he's on his way back, and omg 'IT'S' coming :shock:

Yee haaaaa !

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:49 pm Nothing positive to take from that tbh. We've played well and not won all season. It's down to a lack of quality for this level. Don't see us scoring much, only Sini and Rodrigo look confident in front of goal. Meslier's positioning cost us again.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You serious ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:49 pm Agreed. Patty is running out of steam at this level…
Bert training regime might help him fire on all cylinders to discover again the greatest period in Pats un glorious career ?

Some loonies reckon it was because the doors were shut huh ? Bollocks, he was just 110 % fit.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

60sUnited wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:52 pm Too much respect given to Fulham, we could and should have won that game, just totally lacking in the attacking third....how the he'll we solve that I don't know...very possibly we won't.
Bloody hell were you watching a different game ?

How do you mean ? In what way did we give them too much respect ?

Twas vice versa to me.

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:18 am Bert training regime might help him fire on all cylinders to discover again the greatest period in Pats un glorious career ?

Some loonies reckon it was because the doors were shut huh ? Bollocks, he was just 110 % fit.
Call me a Looney Amigo. But I actually think it was a bit of both. He thrived in "Bert's" system. But playing in empty stadiums may have eased some of this jitters. It's just a theory......don't hate me for it. :roflmao:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Finnatic wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:53 pm Both opponents in the last two games and even at times in the scum game at ER, doubled up on Gnonto to negate him, it’s not really him going off the boil as such.
It's 50/50 whether he's gonna fit in going forward, oh jeez huh :roflmao:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:54 pm Bamford no more than desperate sub now. Gracia will certainly know that he's not up to it but generally we just don't have the quality which is standard for teams down the bottom, we've just gotta hope that 3 other teams will be consistently worse than us for the remainder.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
1. He might be tha knows, time will tell soon enough, but he might just be able to grasp it....do we have the time though ? I hope so, and the fact he's prepared to be flexible might help, and the fact he's supposed to be tactically astute will do him no harm, jeez i can't wait for 'it' :lol:

2. Recruitment problem ? You're about to witness 'it' in all 'it's' glory BG.

3. Probably will coz of where and how and the position Jesse's left us in, 'it's' gonna be down to the players, that's the biggest worry now, are Ortas recruits gonna be able to grasp 'it' again fast enough, 50/50 that is.

;@)