PES

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

PES

Post by revieboy »

anyone on here play PES.

although Leeds aren't on its got a great edit mode. Maybe we should put together stats for a classic X1.
mattj13
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: PES

Post by mattj13 »

BOO PES YAY FIFA :wink:
yorkshiremackem
First Team
First Team

Post by yorkshiremackem »

i do like fifa more but its still a good game
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

I think PES is my personal 'most played' game ever! Ive been playing the series since 2005 i think and wouldnt want to know how many hours ive put into it! TOO MUCH!
I like fifa too though. I usually buy both games. The modding community on PES is awesome though :)
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Grayson is King
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

So it seems most people on here are fifa fans, but damn I must say, the new PES is absolutely awesome (once youve got all the correct teams and league names edited) I even created Elland Road which is pretty realistic looking! I managed to import our sponsors and badges on the advertising boards :) Anyway...

It took me 2 seasons to win promotion to the premier league, and unlike other games, there is a genuine difference in difficulty after promotion. In my first season in the championship, i finished 6th. My second season i was 2nd (promoted) And now in my 3rd season and first in the prem, my Leeds are sitting just above the relegation zone with only 3 wins from 13 games played. I was shocked at how realistic they have made Master league mode this season! Its almost like playing a football manager game, such is the depth at which you can manage your squad. Its really fantastic.

Revieboy, you got this game yet mate?
Grayson is King
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

I play pro evo 11! (PC)
I edited in Leeds United over blackpool and hunted down as many leeds players as I could, I found...
Robinson,
Carson,
Rio
woodgate
(no ian harte or Mills)
Bowyer, milner, delph, didnt bother with kewell....
Robbie keane, smith

To make up the rest I signed Bale, Michan richards, and adam johnson!
A season gone on professional difficulty I brought in robben for some extra pace down the left.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Ah sweet! I also used to put all the players from the oleary days in my pro evo squads, but this time i only put players in that have played for us since relegation from the prem: Jason Brown, McCartney, Crainey, Lowry, Delph, Rose, Diagne Faye (Im still confused if its actually Amdy or not???), Beckford and a few others, i cant remember them all now. I created Schmeichel - overall rating 75, Kisnorbo - around 72 rating, Howson - 68, Becchio - 68, Snodgrass - 70, Somma - 69...

Haha, so you edited over Blackpool ey? Its a pitty you cant edit over Manure, id probably do that if they werent a licensed team! I edited over w.e united....Do you play online at all mate?
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

No I dont play online i only have a dongle so the connection isnt quick enough.
besides mines "one of those" copys so i wouldnt be able to play online.

How do penalty's work? it just hoofs the ball over the bar or if i give one away my keeper does not move.

JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Emsley wrote:No I dont play online i only have a dongle so the connection isnt quick enough.
besides mines "one of those" copys so i wouldnt be able to play online.

How do penalty's work? it just hoofs the ball over the bar or if i give one away my keeper does not move.
Geez tell me about it Ems. TBH, the penalty system in this game sux. Ive saved penalties before, but to score one (or even just get it on target) i basically just tap shoot without directing it at all. You then have a 50-50 chance of scoring. I spent about half an hour the other day in training mode just trying to figure out what the heck was up with the penalty system, and i found out - its terrible. simple. haha. i really dont know why they made it like this. Such a simple thing to get right, considering the rest of the gameplay is so excellent. oh well...

so you cant get your keeper to move either when defending a pen? thats strange cos on the defensive side of things, the penalties are fine for me. You can move your keeper from side to side on the goal line too, before the striker shoots. So i dont know? i dont think its your copied version...but maybe it is? im not sure about that man. Must be damn frustrating for you though.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Yeah im entering the EUFA finals now so im probably going to end up with a penalty shoot out, i should go practice in training.
You got any goals saved?
I got a cracker saved from PARK (scum player) that i scored it hits the post, then hits the other post and goes in!
Only scored one free kick with bale though.

JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Oh rad man, thats one of the really cool things PES has done lately - the official Europa and champs league! Its brilliant, so authentic man, you really get the feeling of it. Not like Fifa where half the European games are played during the day??
Do you know if theres any way to extract your goals from the game and post them on here or something? That would be sweet :)
The best one i scored was with a player i brought from Rangers (or it could have been Celtic, cant remember) called Naismith...
It was from the edge of the circle by the halfway line. PES is brilliant at literally making you jump out of your seat from some of the goals you can score!

You scored a free kick?!?! wow, i havent been able to do that yet...its tough! Maybe i should try to get Bale too :) But then again, i havent updated my scout yet, so it would probably say something like - "you have virtually zero chance of signing this player" haha
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Ok with free kicks...
If your free kick taker is "right footed" Top R1 button use "Outside of boot" (power) while R2 uses "Inside of boot" (placed accuracy)

If you want to record your goals the best way to do it is use FRAPS - Its knocking about on torrent sites, then convert with windows movie maker or use Virtual dub, then uplaod it to you tube. :)

I recorded and uploaded in 10 minutes:

JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Oh thanks for the tips man, will give it a try this evening. Ive got a demo of fraps not the full version, so maybe ill have to download the full version to record vids? I usually just use it to check frame rates n take screenshots...

Anyway, i see what you mean! What a goooaaal! Haha, nice one dude, thats why i love this game. You'll probably never see a goal like that in fifa ... :)
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

JonTheBassist wrote:Oh thanks for the tips man, will give it a try this evening. Ive got a demo of fraps not the full version, so maybe ill have to download the full version to record vids? I usually just use it to check frame rates n take screenshots...

Anyway, i see what you mean! What a goooaaal! Haha, nice one dude, thats why i love this game. You'll probably never see a goal like that in fifa ... :)
PM me your email fella, its only 2 meg i can send you in email.
you will have to uninstall your free version though before you install this one. :-D

JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Thanks a lot Ems, I will do... :-D
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

JonTheBassist wrote:Thanks a lot Ems, I will do... :-D
sent.

JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Emsley - YOU ARE THE MAN BRO!!!

I came right with my upload, so heres the link if u wanna check it out :) Unfortunately theres a bit of slowdown though :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ER6yx89K50
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Yo Emsley, i found a penalty tutorial on youtube that might help a bit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIqVZyo06Ys

I dont know what controller you use? (i use an xbox 360 controller) This guy uses a playstation one, but im sure it will be the same principle. Im gonna try it out later...hope it helps mate :)
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Cheers John - i will check your goal out tomorrow as my data allowance has almost dried up, I got a penalty in the EUFA semi final and you gussed it, I blasted the ball wide!!!
cost me the game.