The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 13th June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 13th June)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Aston Villa are in the process of bidding 14m for Kalvin Phillips.

The 23yo is believed to be one of Dean Smiths top targets!

Who'd be up for selling our prize midfielder, and at what price?

Wolves are also interested in the defensive midfielder. The rumour doing the rounds suggests some kind of part exchange involving Helder Costa!

Thoughts?

It seems all parties have agreed for Jack Harrison to return to Elland Road on another season long loan.

Sources at Citeh say that Leeds are doing a great job of developing the 22yo.

Noel Whelan has blamed Leeds Utd for being greedy as interest in Jack Clarke cools down.

It is believed that Leeds have slapped a 20m price tag on the young winger, and Whelan believes that's over the top!!!

“Leeds have overpriced the young man from what I hear. They want £20million for him and he’s not worth that. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

£12million is a lot of money, but £20million is overpricing a player. You have to be sensible with a player’s valuation. He still has a long way to go.”
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 13th June)

Post by The Subhuman »

Kalvin Phillips has to be worth more than Jack Clarke...I'd pass at 14 mill for Phillips.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'll be the only one happy to see Jack back I'd imagine.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

if we have any ambition of promotion its paramount we keep kp and our other key players .
i'd be happy to have harrison back on loan as a squad player. there's probably still improvement in the lad , he works hard and its obvious that mb rates him.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

How is it bad that we’re pricing Clarke at 20m? Cooking interest is good, if ye want him give us what we want or we’re keeping him!
The price quoted for Phillips won’t happen if we want 20 for clarke
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:31 am I'll be the only one happy to see Jack back I'd imagine.
No, there'd be two of us...and maybe more.

I think if there is a bidding war from the Premiership for Phillips, he will want to go, and we will sell him.

Re Clarke, you can only ask.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Personally real ambition would be clearing the dead wood and selling no key players, but that's not going to happen.

I think Phillips will be sold tbh, Villa bid £14mil, I'd go back and demand £30mil and see what they come back with (isnt worth £30mil but aim high for a change ).

We can replace Phillips for much less then £14mil imo we just have to look for the right player, they will be out there. I'd take a minimum of £20mil plus Kodjia for Phillips, its time we act like a big club and demand premium value.

As for Wolves its even more simple, Cavaleiro and Costa (permanent deals) for Phillips, no negotiation, just set our price and thats it.

Meh MB wants Harrison so be it, the bit about City being pleased with how we develop him highlights why we shouldn't be loaning him back but is what it is, he definitely needs to be a back up not a first choice.

Whelan needs to be quiet, got for to much to say for himself these days. Clarke shouldn't be sold at all imo, if clubs want him then they pay £20mil if they dont he stays, simple.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:48 am No, there'd be two of us...and maybe more.

I think if there is a bidding war from the Premiership for Phillips, he will want to go, and we will sell him.

He doesn't want to go .
a very good mate of mine was in the same executive box as kp at york races a few weeks back . the kid made it quite clear he wants to stay , he loves leeds , his family and friends are here and loves working under mb. However he says it be entirely down to the club and mb if they want to cash in on him .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:48 am No, there'd be two of us...and maybe more.

Think Weasel too

If he feels he needs to move n then we need a good bidding war

The 20M is an arbitrary price point to ward off anyone thinking 2 mill will get it done
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:28 am He doesn't want to go .
a very good mate of mine was in the same executive box as kp at york races a few weeks back . the kid made it quite clear he wants to stay , he loves leeds , his family and friends are here and loves working under mb. However he says it be entirely down to the club and mb if they want to cash in on him .
I'm sure he loves Leeds and would love to stay with us, but once the big boys start flashing the cash. it's hard to say no. And as you say, Leeds may take it out of his hands.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:42 am Think Weasel too

If he feels he needs to move n then we need a good bidding war

The 20M is an arbitrary price point to ward off anyone thinking 2 mill will get it done
Yep, Weasel would also be happy I reckon.

As you say, set the price high so that no-one thinks they can get him on the cheap.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Costa and Harrison on the wings would be nice...Biggest need then would be an AMF or two. Right now I don't like any of the starting options. In order of quality

Phillips (I'd be ok starting Phillips at AMF but I doubt MB wants to move him if we keep him)
Pablo (Never looked comfortable playing centre attacking mid for me)
Roberts
Forshaw
Bogusz (To be fair he could grab the position if given a chance I feel)
Gotts
Roofe
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Hopefully we won't let any key players go unless it's silly money, and we have suitable replacements lined up. I'd definitely prefer Kalvin to stay. Harrison may have a better season, but clearly he should be competing for a place and not being played regardless.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

That should go for every player in the squad to be fair..
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:31 am I'll be the only one happy to see Jack back I'd imagine.
I'm willing to give the lad another chance. You never know, he might just have the season of his life.
As for players being sold, what will be will be. I have no control over what might or might not happen so not gonna worry about that.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:28 am He doesn't want to go .
True 63 Kalvin doesn't want to leave Leeds, unfortunately the decision will be taken out of his hands.

Ironic the player I've have touted up all season is attracting huge bids :P
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa should insist that Phillips is not for sale
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:09 am I think Phillips will be sold tbh, Villa bid £14mil, I'd go back and demand £30mil and see what they come back with (isnt worth £30mil but aim high for a change ).

We can replace Phillips for much less then £14mil imo we just have to look for the right player, they will be out there. I'd take a minimum of £20mil plus Kodjia for Phillips, its time we act like a big club and demand premium value.
Going on our track record do you honestly believe we'll signed a better player than one of our best players we sell ?

We need to sell or get rid of the rubbish we've accumulated over the last couple of years not our star players
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jack should only be allowed back if he is capable of regularly converting one-on-one chances than he misses as some of the World Cup ladies make look so easy, he should have scored at least ten goals last season.

How many times did I hold my head in my hands thinking not Harrison again
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:27 am Bielsa should insist that Phillips is not for sale
I'd imagine it'd be Bielsa initiating any sale...he's had the discussion, heard what he wanted, signed on for another year so a lot of off season stuff will follow his agenda I would think.