2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by Sara »

onemoreslogan wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:08 am If clubs are considering paying 20-million for him at this point,l
They aren't, until an offer is on the table, and so far all we have is a rumour of half that amount.

Too many chickens are being counted, both in regard to his value and his potential. The former doesn't automatically imply the latter either; big clubs having money to wave about doesn't 'prove' our Jack isn't a one trick pony or a flash in the pan.

Only those who see him regularly in training will be able to make that assessment. If Bielsa decides he can leave, then that is the best indicator available of his likely progress.

My concern is that, even after watching hin in a couple of games, it was entirely predictable what he was going to do; the same move, over and over. Deadly as a surprise off the bench, but given more game time he was soon rendered ineffective, and showed no sign of having anything else in his game to overcome the opposition.

I simply don't see what others are seeing to justify this talk of playing for England and being worth £80 million in five years' time. At this stage it's just wishful thinking.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Pascal Struijk now being linked with Hungarian side Mol Vidi. https://tbrfootball.com/report-suggests-hungarian-side-want-leeds-united-talent/

Fck sake. The only way we'll keep these talented youth is by winning promotion.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

SaraM wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:19 am My concern is that, even after watching hin in a couple of games, it was entirely predictable what he was going to do; the same move, over and over. Deadly as a surprise off the bench, but given more game time he was soon rendered ineffective, and showed no sign of having anything else in his game to overcome the opposition.

I simply don't see what others are seeing to justify this talk of playing for England and being worth £80 million in five years' time. At this stage it's just wishful thinking.
He wasn't playing with confidence when he came back, that was clear. In the matches I watched before the ailment, he showed much more than the same move- great pace and control, persistence and success winning balls, some lovely passes and assists, and a brilliant finish on one of his goals.

Never was among those who claimed we should count on even 10 million for him or that he's bound for the national team, only that a prospect who has shown this much, this early in his career warrants a longer look.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/what-does-andrea-radrizzani-mean-after-admitting-leeds-united-will-have-a-difficult-summer-transfer-window-1-9786074

According to the YEP, we're interested in Fenerbahce striker Michael Frey and St Gallen centre back Silvan Hefti.

And we want to re-sign Jack Harrison on a season long loan. God knows why?! 😲
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:15 pm What would they be getting and if your job was to bring players into a football club would you pay 15 M for him?
Potential, young English potential, some completely ridiculous prices being paid for that, we’re not dependent on selling him, so why not set a price and see if people are prepared to pay it? If not we keep him and take a risk that he can develop further, other clubs have done it. I think we need to sell to bring in, Clarke, Pontus or Phillips, one will go at least in addition to Ekuban, Saiz and possibly Roofe too, well make 20 million and spend 3/4s of that to reshape the squad, Radz ain’t putting his hand in his pocket.
I think it’s more about what we want for Clarke and how much we rate his potential, if 10 million is a starting point from spurs I would expect us to play some hard ball on our behalf, rather than take the first decent offer.
So
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I remember seeing Clarke come on as a sub and he played 30 min
and was blowing hard, and looking knackered, and just could not
track back, lost the ball continuously and I wondered what is wrong with the boy.
Does anybody remember that, or did I just dream it?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

If we sell Jack, I don't want him back on loan. I want us to develop our own players, not helping others out. Especially as it will be all on their terms. We saw with Harrison that underperforming players continue to be picked as a result of the loan deal.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SaraM wrote:

My concern is that, even after watching hin in a couple of games, it was entirely predictable what he was going to do; the same move, over and over. Deadly as a surprise off the bench, but given more game time he was soon rendered ineffective, and showed no sign of having anything else in his game to overcome the opposition.

Totally. There isn't much research needed on his game to understand what he's all about and unless the coaching staff can improve his game over the summer i can't see him making a huge difference next season. His confidence seemed to be totally shot when he came back after the illness and never regained it. This league requires a mental and physical toughness which he appears to lack right now. Leeds don't have a few years with MB to get up, they have 1 more at the most and need the best squad they can muster this summer so i think IF they can get big money for him let him go and bring in someone who can handle this pressure cooker and deliver performances consistently. Who cares what he may or may not be worth in 5 years, its about here and now .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:58 am Potential, young English potential, some completely ridiculous prices being paid for that, we’re not dependent on selling him, so why not set a price and see if people are prepared to pay it? If not we keep him and take a risk that he can develop further, other clubs have done it. I think we need to sell to bring in, Clarke, Pontus or Phillips, one will go at least in addition to Ekuban, Saiz and possibly Roofe too, well make 20 million and spend 3/4s of that to reshape the squad, Radz ain’t putting his hand in his pocket.
I think it’s more about what we want for Clarke and how much we rate his potential, if 10 million is a starting point from spurs I would expect us to play some hard ball on our behalf, rather than take the first decent offer.
So
If you've been a savvy scout you'll know there are issues. I'd say 10M for what would be a 3 year gamble (He's nowhere near ready for the prem as a first teamer) is a very good price. Yes you can look at Man City saying 20m for Harrison but they've yet to attain that and it's Man City, they can sit there on talent and still pay premium prices for players. Clarke will need to be an every game starter next season if we turn down 10m plus. Not sure he's there yet

I'm happy with the squad as is except we have a massive need for a left winger..Keep the first team squad intact supplement with the likes of Clarke, Shack, Bogusz, Gotts, Stevens, Struick, Halme, Davis...all of whom would start for 75% of clubs in this division

If someone wants to try his luck in the prem or abroad, fine and we replace the talent with the cash returned.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

"Never was among those who claimed we should count on even 10 million for him or that he's bound for the national team, only that a prospect who has shown this much, this early in his career warrants a longer look."

Fair enough, but this is the bottom line for me:

"Leeds don't have a few years with MB to get up, they have 1 more at the most and need the best squad they can muster this summer so i think IF they can get big money for him let him go and bring in someone who can handle this pressure cooker and deliver performances consistently.Who cares what he may or may not be worth in 5 years, its about here and now."
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

SaraM wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:19 am They aren't, until an offer is on the table, and so far all we have is a rumour of half that amount.

Too many chickens are being counted, both in regard to his value and his potential. The former doesn't automatically imply the latter either; big clubs having money to wave about doesn't 'prove' our Jack isn't a one trick pony or a flash in the pan.

Only those who see him regularly in training will be able to make that assessment. If Bielsa decides he can leave, then that is the best indicator available of his likely progress.

agree :tup:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:17 am If you've been a savvy scout you'll know there are issues. I'd say 10M for what would be a 3 year gamble (He's nowhere near ready for the prem as a first teamer) is a very good price. Yes you can look at Man City saying 20m for Harrison but they've yet to attain that and it's Man City, they can sit there on talent and still pay premium prices for players. Clarke will need to be an every game starter next season if we turn down 10m plus. Not sure he's there yet

I'm happy with the squad as is except we have a massive need for a left winger..Keep the first team squad intact supplement with the likes of Clarke, Shack, Bogusz, Gotts, Stevens, Struick, Halme, Davis...all of whom would start for 75% of clubs in this division

If someone wants to try his luck in the prem or abroad, fine and we replace the talent with the cash returned.
Agree totally on the squad, not much needed if we keep what we have and replace Harrison, Brown, Saiz. I do think we will sell somebody, hopefully only one of Pontus Philips or Clarke and if we do we need to invest most of that money in replacing them, I see no reason why we wouldn’t.
My only argument in the Clarke fee is the market prices and what’s best for us, sell and use that cash or turn down monies bellow what our valuation of him is and use him more than we did last season.
I think we’re in a good place but need to be smart in outlet dealings, I’d imagine Radz saying it’ll be a tough summer is meaning if we want players in, we have to sell, his pockets are sealed until he leaves Leeds. But what he has spent has improved the club massively
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I suppose thinking about it, if we did sell Clarke, he was from the u23s so he could be replaced by another, probably Stevens. It's not like he was an expensive signing or anything. Clarke and Shack weren't on the radar this time last year, whereas now you'd say they're both important players to us, so no reason why another yoof can't step up.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:36 pm I suppose thinking about it, if we did sell Clarke, he was from the u23s so he could be replaced by another, probably Stevens. It's not like he was an expensive signing or anything. Clarke and Shack weren't on the radar this time last year, whereas now you'd say they're both important players to us, so no reason why another yoof can't step up.
At the end of the day if it is Bielsa that is having the final say on who stays and goes and who we bring in then I am more than happy to trust his judgement. I fully expect to see a few of the youths become more integral within the first team squad this summer with Bielsa able to work with them all summer rather than put them in because of emergency. Bielsa comes across as not wanting to change what he already has which is why he has his small first team group and remains loyal to them, the youths were always just to supplement that this season when we got injuries - and that was by and large what happened. Even in regards to the keeper situation he probably wouldn't have brought in another keeper if Blackman hadn't got injured. And in attempting to sign James it was either as a direct replacement for Saiz or possibly just to put in the U23s like we did with Bogusz.

However summer is different and Bielsa can start again in terms of who makes his first team squad and if the youths make it then they will probably feature more.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Michael Frey.

Name rings a bell, pretty sure i remember him from my football manager days :duno:

Really highly rated at one point but ravaged by injuries (bit like Lassie).

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Spanish press linking us with a move for Jese Rodriguez.

Strange one Jese, clearly was talent there, while never a regular at Madrid hewas in and around the first team for years and provided 14 goals and 13 assists (doesnt seem much but he only played 30 or so games worth of minutes).

Enough to get PSG to spend £20mil on him in 2016.

Only turned 26 in February.

If it was a case of a lack of talent I'd be worried but i wonder if it is attitude in his case?

Maybe Weasel can shed some light on him ?
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:45 pm Maybe Weasel can shed some light on him ?
Never heard of him but got to have something about him talent wise.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:45 pm Spanish press linking us with a move for Jese Rodriguez.

Strange one Jese, clearly was talent there, while never a regular at Madrid hewas in and around the first team for years and provided 14 goals and 13 assists (doesnt seem much but he only played 30 or so games worth of minutes).

Enough to get PSG to spend £20mil on him in 2016.

Only turned 26 in February.

If it was a case of a lack of talent I'd be worried but i wonder if it is attitude in his case?

Maybe Weasel can shed some light on him ?
He was on loan at Stoke last season when they went down.

He'd be the type of player that would be unplayable under Bielsa I think. I guess it depends if he's staying or not.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Apparently Orta tried to sign him at Boro... sigh.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:04 pm Apparently Orta tried to sign him at Boro... sigh.
The old black book :)
Signed

King Cjay