Rest players

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
R0lferoo
Ballboy
Ballboy

Rest players

Post by R0lferoo »

Just think we need too rest a few Chuck in some kids for the last couple of games shacks,Clarke,Izzy,might as well go for it in the play offs,though I think the team is mentally shot too pieces after the last debacle,anyway just my thought on the situation..
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Rest players

Post by mothbanquet »

Looking at Bielsa's first visible expressions of anger after Brentford I'd be surprised to see the same starting lineup anyway. He's always got faith in his players but he's not stubborn for the sake of it, nor does he shy away from relegating players who aren't performing to the bench if the whole team is suffering like they did over Easter.

As for resting players for the playoffs, I reckon that's entirely down to the Blunts result. If there's still a chance no matter how small of us nabbing second, Bielsa will go for it, if only because throwing in the towel early will be even more damaging to team morale. Unlike us, he needs to show he trusts his players until the very last possible second. If they think their manager has no faith in them, we can write off the playoffs before we've even begun.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Agree it depends on how the blunts do this weekend.

If they win I would wrap Pablo and Klich in cotton wool for a couple of matches.

My worst fear is another injury in our defence too though I wouldn't actually mind if Halme got his way into contention before end of season.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

While my heart says to give the youngsters some minutes, my head says they've still got the PDL playoffs to worry about which will bring pressure of its own. I think the bigger question is whether to stick with Bamford or get Roofe back in the mix while there's still time?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Peacock-Farrell
Gotts
Berardi
Struijk
Forshaw
Davis
Stevens
Bogusz
Shackleton
Brown
Edmondson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:47 pm My worst fear is another injury in our defence too though I wouldn't actually mind if Halme got his way into contention before end of season.
I think Halme maybe injured Ian, maybe wrong
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Play the strongest team we can and try to win both games unless we're guaranteed to not make autos. Don't see the point in anything else.
gessa

Post by gessa »

We still need 2 points to guarantee 3rd, I'd make a couple of changes but not too many as we still need to keep some continuity
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:38 pm I think Halme maybe injured Ian, maybe wrong
I think he is too, hence Hosannah starting out of position for the U23's recently.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Casilla
Ayling
Davis
Jansson
Cooper
Forshaw
Phillips
Klich
Hernandez
Shackleton
Bamford

to start v Villa if we're still in it, even if we're not tbh
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Wouldn't be resting anyone but Roofe goes back up front, Phillips comes back in.

Left back poses the biggest issue, Ayling or Berra with Shack at right back or give Davis a go maybe.
gessa

Post by gessa »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:26 pm Wouldn't be resting anyone but Roofe goes back up front, Phillips comes back in.

Left back poses the biggest issue, Ayling or Berra with Shack at right back or give Davis a go maybe.
I'm not one of the Bamford knockers but we look better with Roofe up front, suits the system better. Him Shackleton Phillips and a proper left back would be my changes barring injuries.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I’d missed that Halme was out, thanks chaps.

I reckon we will see Dallas at LB.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:58 pm I reckon we will see Dallas at LB.

:cry: