Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

Post by Gurj »

That Pontus tweet reassures me big time. Thank god for that !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:17 pm My stomach is churning like a cement mixer
no need to worry 64 more than likely just going to explain his actions and put out an open apology so we all can move on. . now go and change your undercrackers :)
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Please God he 's right I love Pontus; :love:
And Marcelo too :love:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:18 pm
Hope so :tup:
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

I don't think he would call a conference to resign. He would rather walk out the back door - he can barely speak the language ffs.

Maybe I'm clinging to hope lol
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Doire_Boi wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:33 pm I don't think he would call a conference to resign. He would rather walk out the back door - he can barely speak the language ffs.

Maybe I'm clinging to hope lol
Keep on clinging!
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Have had a great day, got home, checked Twitter and my stomach sank!! The only thing keeping me sane is the Pontus Tweet.
He’s a proud man, maybe just wants to address it in a more PC way?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Good man doire boi ..hope springs eternal mate. Where are we with out mate?!
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Are LUFC showing this live and free on their app ?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Our thoughts manifest our destiny, and bring them into reality.
Don't be fearful, because then the worst will happen.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

paddy parrott wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:35 pm Good man doire boi ..hope springs eternal mate. Where are we with out mate?!
I would take 6th place to keep Bielsa :angel:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

It just occurred to me that even though we as Leeds fans have become accustomed to expecting the worst - and rightly so - this trepidation is something I haven't felt in a long time. It's something we're all feeling right now, and it's something Bielsa himself talked about: football's very strong emotions.

Why is this suspense so gut-clenching? Because Bielsa has brought a very, very real hope to this club. We've had false prophets in the past and been let down so many times that only the criminally insane wouldn't have asked 'when's our luck due to run out?'. Slowly but surely, those fears have been put to bed, day by day, week by week, and this team (all but unchanged since last season) has performed miracles thought unthinkable at the start of the season.

This panic we've all just felt is the clearest sign yet, a palpable display of what Bielsa has achieved in just a few short months. If all this hysteria goes on to be unfounded we'll have a laugh but damn, I can't think of a better example of why we need him here.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm It just occurred to me that even though we as Leeds fans have become accustomed to expecting the worst - and rightly so - this trepidation is something I haven't felt in a long time. It's something we're all feeling right now, and it's something Bielsa himself talked about: football's very strong emotions.

Why is this suspense so gut-clenching? Because Bielsa has brought a very, very real hope to this club. We've had false prophets in the past and been let down so many times that only the criminally insane wouldn't have asked 'when's our luck due to run out?'. Slowly but surely, those fears have been put to bed, day by day, week by week, and this team (all but unchanged since last season) has performed miracles thought unthinkable at the start of the season.

This panic we've all just felt is the clearest sign yet, a palpable display of what Bielsa has achieved in just a few short months. If all this hysteria goes on to be unfounded we'll have a laugh but damn, I can't think of a better example of why we need him here.
Fantastic post :clap: :clap: :clap: Sums up how we are feeling !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Gurj wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:49 pm Fantastic post :clap: :clap: :clap: Sums up how we are feeling !
Agree!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm It just occurred to me that even though we as Leeds fans have become accustomed to expecting the worst - and rightly so - this trepidation is something I haven't felt in a long time. It's something we're all feeling right now, and it's something Bielsa himself talked about: football's very strong emotions.

:tup: :tup: :tup:
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

If anyone is able to listen to the conference, can they please post instant updates
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

As the longest hour of our lives concludes

Fingers crossed folks

Heartbreak or elation ?
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Bielsa: Resign? Mm, no, not sure where you got that from. No, I just want to introduce a very special new signing.

<Enter James Milner.>

Too much to hope?
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I’ve got radio Leeds on, nothing mentioned yet
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Why leave when the fuzz comfirmed most of what has been written in the press has been nonsense. I personally wouldn't allow myself to cowed by the press and some non entity pundits, ex pros. Fingers crossed 🤞