Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

Post by YorkshireSquare »

We are talking about getting advantages with what is called cheating behaviour.... of course if you observe something without the permission of those being observed we call it spying. I can't say it's the right thing to do but I'm going to explain that I didn't have bad intentions or get an advantage.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 17.17.52.png
Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 17.17.52.png
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Live commentary from Connor
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

This is insane - he is admitting doing it for EVERY SINGLE Game !!! Why is he doing this. Marcelo I love you but this is madness !! Radz and co should have talked him out of this surely !!!

I know he is trying to say blame me, sanction me, but we all know EFL/FA wont see it like this !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I know he is all about honesty but at this point a Lawyer would say "shut the duck up".
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

I didn’t have bad intentions not did I try and get an unfair sporting advantage. I did it because it did not contravene a specific norm.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

I have my point of view as does Lampard who believes I violated fair play. I have to adapt to the way of English football.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

"Of course if you obeserve the situation, we call it spying and we say it’s spying.

I can’t say it’s the right thing to do.

What I’m trying to explain, I didn’t have bad intentions and I didn’t try to get an unfair sports advantage. I did it because it was not illegal and not violating a specific norm. You have norms that are linked to habits, you have norms that are linked to social condemnation ad you have norms linked to what the law says"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

We have some analysis that the Championship is the 6th biggest in the world. If the authorities want to condemn those with bad intention or who affect the prestige of the league by their behaviour...so we have to respect the procedure to sanction the one who makes mistakes.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sky reporting it now.

Saying MB admits spying on everybody.

Fml
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Oh ffs, he's put us in the s**t.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

"I called this press conference because we have the classic press conference before playing Stoke City.

And I thought the spy matter would take time I would like to dedicate to the game. My goal regarding this situation of which I am the only one responsible.

I wouldn’t like to mix it with the games and the play.

And if you allow me I would like to make a summary of what happened.

It’s about watching from a public space an activity that is realised in a private space without the agreement with the goal of both gaining sports advantage and hurting the fair play.

I already said I was the only one responsible for this situation. The club is not responsible whatsoever and nobody on my staff is responsible for it.

The person who did that followed my orders and I am the only one responsible.

Many people made an opinion on my behaviour. Many expressing, condemning the behaviour, saying that it was not ethical, that it was immoral. That it was violating of affecting fair play. That it was cheating. This club thought it was obliged to present public excuses to Derby County.

And I was pubicaly told that my behaviour was not respecting the principles of integrity which is the basis of the club.

Many managers, ex-footballers and footballers thought my behaviour was respectfulness. The last point of this situation is that the league after a complaint made by Derby County decided to open an investigation on my behaviour. So they will evaluate if I behaved bad and if my behavoiur affected the prestige of the club or the league.

One other point I would like to talk about is that I’m going to make it easier for the investigation of the league.

I’m going to give the information it needs and I assume the fact that my behaviour is heard from the most extreme position.

In a few words I can tell you we observed all the rivals we played against and we watched all the training sessions of the opponents before we played against the"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Regrets he's he’s overexposed in the media.
But for me it’s important to explain. When you look at an opponent you want to know starting XI, the tactical set up & set pieces. These are 3 main things coaches look at.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:20 pm I know he is all about honesty but at this point a Lawyer would say "shut the duck up".
A lawyer would imply he broke the law, which as he stated, he didn't. A moot point to a Leeds-hating FA/EFL I know, but he can take the moral high ground by holding his hands up and saying 'I can see now this thing is frowned upon in this country' and promise not to do it again. I mean, he can hardly have been warned about breaking an unwritten rule with barely - if any - precedent, can he? Eh, Frank?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I have no words.

Dont know whether to laugh or cry.
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

When you watch an opponent the day before a game it either confirms what you know.
He also says it’s too late to construct a project to change tactically. MB repeats he’s not trying to justify himself
1964white

Post by 1964white »

"Of course I have a point of view, but it;’s not important to other points of view. Lampard says he doesn’t believe I have bad intentions.

He believes that I violated the fair play spirit so I have to adapt to the rules that are linked to English football.

Nobody ignores that all professional members of football want to work in English football.

We have some conclusions, we have some analysis that says the Championship is the 6th biggest competition in the world. With very strong arguments. If the authorities want to protect the competition, condemning those who behave with bad intentions or those who affect the prestige of the league with their behaviour, they create a product with occupies the space it occupies.

So we have to respect the procedures that are chosen and the sanctions on those who make mistakes.

I regret to make the exposition I made now, because I don;’t like to talk about me because as for my job. As I am overexposed to the media, I don’t like being in the media too much. But this explanation is important. When you watch an opponent. You’re looking for specific information.

You want to know the starting XI, the tactical system they will use and hte strategic decisions on set pieces. These are the 3 main axis that the head coach usually analyses. When you watch the activity of the opponent, you get this kind of information the day before the game or you confirm the information you already have. Obviously it’s not information that allows you to build a project which allows you to analyse the game. This is not the norm.

I repeat again: I’m not trying to justify my behaviour. As Lampard said, but behaviour cannot be justified.

And that he does not accept the explanation I gave. And he said the information allowed him to know how to train a team abroad one day"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Why did Mr PR allow this to happen?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

All the info I need to plan a game I gather without the necessity of having to go & watch the opponent train. So why did I send? Because I thought I was not violating a norm.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Can't see how he can stay in a job now tbh