Dan James

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Dan James-DEAL IS OFF

Post by Cjay »

James out of contract 2020 Summer.

Becoming clear this isnt about us or James we are just the collateral damage.

Radz agree the deal personally with one of the Swansea owners Jason Levian.

But someone else refused to sign off on the deal, either Steve Kaplan the other member of the American hedge fund that own Swansea or more likely Chairmen and minority shareholder Huw Jenkins.

Internal power struggle
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

We're top of the league ffs.
One 3rd choice keeper in this window.
What must MB think?
hector

Post by hector »

What I don't understand is why it all has to be hush hush until deadline day...

We knew we wanted him, why not go for it at the begining of the window and not the end of it??
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

f**king shambolic and amateurish from the swans.
feel for the kid.
must be said disappointed again with this window . just hope we don't lose hernandez for any lengthy time it just might cost us.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Abhorrent behaviour from Swansea. Feel for the player more than anything. He wanted to move, had been told deal agreed and had done the medical. Absolutely shambolic. Shafted us the player and also Villa.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Maybe we can get him on loan for the rest of the season. The loan window is still open isn't it?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Very disappointed

Swansea's behaviour is nothing short of shambolic, feel for the kid who must now feel some animosity towards his current employers

The Swans may have shot themselves in the foot as they could struggle to acquire the fee they want in the summer as his contract is running down.

Now we must batter them when they visit Leeds in two weeks time & give their American owners much grief, I just hope our fans don't take the anger out on Dan James
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:54 am Maybe we can get him on loan for the rest of the season. The loan window is still open isn't it?
I think the loan window is closed too.
Can only sign free agents.
I think all he could do is buy out his contract but think his club would have to agree to it, which looks very unlikely.
I would think they have a very unhappy player on their hands, this could really back fire on them.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:36 am I think the loan window is closed too.
Can only sign free agents.
I think all he could do is buy out his contract but think his club would have to agree to it, which looks very unlikely.
I would think they have a very unhappy player on their hands, this could really back fire on them.
Okay thanks

I can never keep up with the windows. Compared the them the Jones' are easy pickings.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

You couldn’t write it, What were Swansea thinking stringing is and Villa along?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Seems very straightforward. Swansea needed a certain amount of money and wages freed up and as such they lined up 4 deals so that if 1 or 2 fell through they would be okay. They presumably completed their 2 preferred deals (Bony the biggie due to his wages) and then didn't need to complete the other 2. If either of the 2 deals that went through had fallen through then likely they would have completed the Fer deal (to Villa) as he would have been on bigger wages. James was probably the deal they least wanted to go through hence all the ridiculous negotiating prior to it. Nothing that Leeds could have done.

People saying we should have had a back up well that is ridiculous and would have us looking even more amateur than Swansea - oh Player B can you come here and wait just in case we don't get our preferred player in.

It will be very interesting to see the fallout at Swansea now because I can imagine that both Fer and James will be p*ssed off having been messed about like this.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'm pleased to see that for every "we don't know what we're doing, this will cost us promotion etc etc", most on here realise that we have been fucked over by Swansea for whatever reason. Some Swans fans last night on twitter saying there are major issues there with the American owners. Feel for the lad, he's been messed about something shocking. Disappointing for us, some reinforcement would have been good, but we move on with the players that have us top of the league at the start of February. We'll be alright
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

No doubts Swansea to blame, they did exactly the same to Villa for the Leroy Fer transfer, pulling the plug last minute there too. Feel for James, he's left in real limbo now after going out on a limb publicly stating he wanted to come to Leeds.

However we are not totally without fault here. Just staggered, and yes I know Bielsa had identified James specifically, that we had no Plan B, i.e. another player earmarked if this one fell at the last hurdle as it did last night. To put all your eggs in one basket makes no footballing or business sense whatsover !!

Look at West Brom's dealings last night, they pulled three top signings off - all three players will improve their team let alone their squad.

We have done fantastically well this season thanks mainly to the coaching brilliance of MB but we still have a lot to learn about managing transfers.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

leedsmad wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:05 am Correct me if I'm wrong here but wouldn't Swansea have said to James "get down there get your medical as we have already agreed in principal", I mean the young lad has wasted his time going all the way to Yorkshire.... Sits around and his own Club goes mute with Leeds? (supposedly).
I'd be livid if they were my employers.
Can't believe we haven't added apart from a goalkeeper, experience might come to bite us at the business end of the Season when it matters..... Massive gamble.
James was shafted by Swansea, the deal was agreed, as would have been the timing of the loan payment. Swans are going to have one jacked off player on their hands. Would also think other squad members would think twice about their position at contract renewal time if they are in doubt having seen how colleagues have been treated. Seems like a real dumb move longer term from Swansea.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

2 hacked off players. Leroy fer being the other. Get a top lawyer to get the contract cancelled and just walk out. *uck em !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Only we could be involved in the strangest 'non-transfer' of the day.
Not our fault this time though, disgraceful behaviour by Swansea.
And as James stated he wanted to join Leeds, he's likely to get stick from the Swans fans now. What a way to treat a young player.
Personally I hope he sees out his contract now and leaves on a free so Swansea get Jack s**t for him.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 10.54.16.png
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Feel more philosophical about this in the clear light of day. It's disappointing, especially the way Swansea behaved towards us and James, but I don't think it makes the window a 'failure', or undermines our promotion chances particularly.

It's clear that Marcelo only wants a certain kind of player, so having a whole load of plan Bs lined up wasn't really an option.

Again, like spygate, it might even benefit us. The determination to succeed with what we have may count for more than one extra player.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Very true Sara although I was looking forward to seeing a very fast and dynamic player in a Leeds shirt, something clearly missing for many many years and would have given the team a massive boost no doubt to go with the new keeper and sends out a clear message to everyone else.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »