January Transfer Rumours And Squad Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: January Transfer Rumours And Squad Discussion

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Need Cooper back alongside Pontus
Bet there was a time you never thought you would write that.......... :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:11 am Reports in Spain saying Gomez is in talks with Bilbao over a €3m move. Surely we can match that? Bilbao are in danger of relegation this season, so if he's happy to go there, I don't see why we couldn't tempt him.
Cold and miserable weather here v nice weather in Spain and no need for him to learn a new language and move away from family and friends etc.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:54 pm He does my head in & my nerves 63

"Should I go backwards or sideways, no I'll go round in a circle then nonchalantly I'll make a mess of simple five-yard pass across the middle line with my heel then I'll chase back in vain to help my defenders who are under the cosh once again, when KP or Pontus have saved my bacon I'll hold my arm up in acknowledgement"

Need Cooper back alongside Pontus with Phillips playing Forshaw's current role
100% agree. I don't think we have looked as fluid since Forshaw came into the side and don't think Klich has scored since Forshaw came back in. We need Cooper back so Phillips can return to his DM role and then someone in as a replacement for Saiz so we can get Klich firing again.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:01 pm Bet there was a time you never thought you would write that.......... :)
True Hector but like so many of last season's players Cooper has improved under Bielsa's guidance
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:19 pm Cold and miserable weather here v nice weather in Spain and no need for him to learn a new language and move away from family and friends etc.
I get what you're saying, but if we could convince him to join and then say let him go back in six months if he's unsettled, then that would equal promotion in my eyes. This is the kind of quality we need to get us over the finish line.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:34 pm 100% agree. I don't think we have looked as fluid since Forshaw came into the side and don't think Klich has scored since Forshaw came back in. We need Cooper back so Phillips can return to his DM role and then someone in as a replacement for Saiz so we can get Klich firing again.
I wouldn't mind seeing Stevens or McCalmont come in for a couple of games instead of Forshaw tbh. We're too defensive with him in the starting XI.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:34 pm 100% agree. I don't think we have looked as fluid since Forshaw came into the side and don't think Klich has scored since Forshaw came back in. We need Cooper back so Phillips can return to his DM role and then someone in as a replacement for Saiz so we can get Klich firing again.
Yep agree fully

The other concern over the last three games is we have conceded eight goals with :

Forshaw playing DM
Phillips as a main CB although apart from one error yesterday he was probably our best defender, also KP was superb v Villa & Blackburn
Ayling back who I do admire but he doesn't look fit to me, a yard off the pace
Douglas has had two shockers v Blackburn & Hull (didn't play at Villa)

Balance of the side is not right !
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Reece Oxford on loan from West Ham would be a good signing. Can play CB, but also as a DM, so would provide the competition for Phillips we've lacked all season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:43 pm I wouldn't mind seeing Stevens or McCalmont come in for a couple of games instead of Forshaw tbh. We're too defensive with him in the starting XI.
Consistently slows are game down, drives me potty watching such negative play :chair:
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

We won’t have a better chance of automatic promotion than this season given the position we are in!! It is essential we bring in 2/3 quality players to strengthen the squad, you can be sure the other teams around us will for sure, we cannot rely on Bamford and Brown getting fit and having a positive influence (hope I’m wrong) surely with home games selling out and likely to all season there must be money available, it’s our time now and surely the owners recognise this and have signings lined up?
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Newport white wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:12 pm We won’t have a better chance of automatic promotion than this season given the position we are in!! It is essential we bring in 2/3 quality players to strengthen the squad, you can be sure the other teams around us will for sure, we cannot rely on Bamford and Brown getting fit and having a positive influence (hope I’m wrong) surely with home games selling out and likely to all season there must be money available, it’s our time now and surely the owners recognise this and have signings lined up?
i agree . its now or never for me.
cometh the hour cometh the man !
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Floyd Ayite out of favour at Fulham and ooc in the summer, might be available at cut price. Tricky winger who is direct and gets goals and assists.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:36 pm Our bosses were saying similar lines in the summer then they brought in Baker, Harrison & Blackman :?
They did and I’m sure they’ll have a better idea of what to bring in this time, with a few extra criteria from Bielsa,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Pacey goal scoring winger needed, maybe a CB and a keeper as BPF is still young in GK terms. We have 3 good strikers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:34 am The Daily Mail linking Leeds with
Jarrod Bowen who has 22 goals in 72 league games for Hull and goalkeeper Karl Darlow from Newcastle.
What do people think of Bowen?
Ahh, so that is Jarrod Bowen!!
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

SG90 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:54 pm Reece Oxford on loan from West Ham would be a good signing. Can play CB, but also as a DM, so would provide the competition for Phillips we've lacked all season.
That would be a great signing, is he in their squad much? Couldn’t tell you more than a handful of their squad, but have heard he’s rated, think a active member of their squad
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:58 pm Consistently slows are game down, drives me potty watching such negative play :chair:
I think he’s been ok, more highlights the great job Phillips was doing.
I would have expected much more from Forshaw though in fairness, considering he was ahead of Klich before he got injured at the start of the season
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

dezzy wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:18 pm That would be a great signing, is he in their squad much? Couldn’t tell you more than a handful of their squad, but have heard he’s rated, think a active member of their squad
No he hasn't played for them for two years.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Dear Radz,

GK
CB
Ibai Gomez
Winger

Stop bring greedy for once and if it's all about money to you, then we would be worth 10x more in the PL than the Championship.

Don't be another Bates or Cellino and mess it up for us.

Kind Regards,
All LUFC fans
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:53 pm Dear Radz,

GK
CB
Ibai Gomez
Winger

Stop bring greedy for once and if it's all about money to you, then we would be worth 10x more in the PL than the Championship.

Don't be another Bates or Cellino and mess it up for us.

Kind Regards,
All LUFC fans
Can't blame.Radz for the defence mate, for all his cheapness Bielsa has been adamant he doesnt want defenders, he said it again today.

He also said "no for now no". Regarding players coming in at all.

Bielsa firmly believes in his sma squad and will only accept new players if they are better then what we have and only as a last resort, he prefers to find solutions in squad which is admirable and incredibly stubborn.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom