What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by dezzy »

Doire_Boi wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:25 am I remember that final game well. We lost two leagues in a row on the final day - heartbreaking stuff.

Rovers are looking solid this year but I still expect Dundalk to come good and win it.
Dundalk are on a different level to the rest I think
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Standing in a queue for 2 hours to sit in a chair
:lol:
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:47 pm And so you should :x
Qwhack :cricket:
cat-fight.gif
cat-fight.gif (1.83 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

SaraM wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:35 am Sorry to hear about your injury, even if it was in a good cause! Hopefully you can still enjoy making music. Do you ever play slide? Guitars have always been a non-negotiable purchase for me; once I've decided I'm having it, that's it. I hope your son gets his Martin!

Today I will be playing at a nice, intimate session that runs from 2-6pm. The challenge will be to follow the match discreetly during other people's slots. Headphones for the commentary might seem openly disrespectful, to I'm hoping there'll be a decent stream, and I can watch with the sound down.
I hope you killed it today. You managed to discreetly pop in to comment during the match.

Today I got one at the store in the link. I modified it for me because I like a very relaxed hand and fingers when I play. I cut off part of kitchen sink sponge and wedged it in above my finger so that my finger lays flat so I don’t need to bend it inside the slide. I had it on an hour and no slippage or need to crimp the finger. The slide is a fantastic offset for my third finger.

http://jimmysvintagemusic.com/

I also hung out there talking to the owner Jimmy who told me that I should be able to play some of his vintage instruments, despite their narrower nut because the fingerboard radius on some older ones compensate for the narrower nuts just enough for me to get my big fingers in playable position. He was right. I played the 1967 Rickenbacker 450, 1949 Martin D28, 1967 Martin D35, and 1974 Gibson Blueridge. I loved everything about the Rickenbacker and the two Martins. The Rickenbacker is so so much lighter than electric guitars of today.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

My daughter and husband went on vacation on Friday morning and Mrs Bob and I are looking after the children, boy 6 and girl 2, until they return late on Wednesday night.
I really don't remember raising children being so exhausting! :shock: :shock: :shock:
I guess there is a reason you have kids while you are young.
BTW, they are really good kids (most of the time). :)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SelmaBamaMan wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:51 am I hope you killed it today. You managed to discreetly pop in to comment during the match.
I flicked back and forwards between the BBC sport app for score updates, and this forum for comments.

The last time I couldn't follow the game was against Villa. I saw 2-0 down at halftime, and then had to eat a Christmas dinner and make polite conversation during the second half. I mentally adjusted myself to defeat, so getting the final 2-3 score when it was done and dusted was a lovely surprise. The spirit of Christmas!

Perhaps we should take the guitar conversation to the musical instruments thread, for the sake of those who aren't interested; I could nerd on about it all day...
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:22 am Heading to Leeds shortly

Enjoy your day 63

MOT :scar1
great day 64. was a bit worse for wear on sunday tho :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:55 pm great day 64was a bit worse for wear on sunday tho :)
Worth it though mate

Imagine what you'll be like when we are promoted 63 :beer: :tumbler: :beers:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Back in Romania for work...bleurgh
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The main feature of the day for me is yet another trip to my city & second home

Leeds v Sheff Wed
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Up in Wakey visiting my 88 year old folks. Nice walk round Sandal Castle, watching telly with Mum this aft ( she loves to watch a drama) and then.....the biggie at 5.30. Not sure I'll be able to watch live.....the nerves get the better of me! Might have to watch 5 mins behind and follow you guys so I know what's happening. Then if we go behind I'll be expecting it on telly. ( Bonkers I know but I can't help it....!)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:58 am The main feature of the day for me is yet another trip to my city & second home

Leeds v Sheff Wed
Hope it's a worthwhile journey for you Leon and you have a very good afternoon/evening :scar1
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

For the next couple of hours I'll be a Millscum fan LOL, then fingers toes legs etc crossed we hammer the wendies
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

Laying the last slabs I'm the garden. ..having a beer and waiting for football on quest to start
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:19 pm Hope it's a worthwhile journey for you Leon and you have a very good afternoon/evening :scar1
Thank you Swannie :tup: a wonderful time had by all Leeds fans I suspect :scar1
hector

Post by hector »

today I am spending my time thinking of more ways to wind Ducky up :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A walk along Brid seafront, coffee at the Spa.
Onto Filey for scones & coffee prior to another walk on Filey seafront this time, then onto Scarborough this afternoon 😀😁
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Trying to think of a clue for

(Who am i) :rol:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

liggy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:19 pm Trying to think of a clue for

(Who am i) :rol:
daft sod :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:13 pm today I am spending my time thinking of more ways to wind Ducky up :)
:x :x Qwhack! :cricket:
:shock: You said you were gonna be a bit easier on Swannie for recommending that superb drama 'Cheat'!