The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 11th Oct)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 11th Oct)

Post by beer belly bert »

suppose the best way of looking at it is this , did Leeds united lose £7.5 million revenue on the times sky screened the matches in lost attendance and revenue , my guess is no , instead of moaning about the money Radz just get the club promoted and then the £££££££££ will roll in . :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:23 pm Yeah it just seems that.
A) the TV deal is to small with the EFL clubs getting a tiny amount of money compared to Premier league.

B) clubs like us who are on tele a lot dont get that much money.

He is right, and parachute money is ridiculous for rewarding failure.

But just get promoted.

Simple enough.
yep - and I agree the parachute money is a joke. way too high
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

...unless we ever need it! :lol:

(Cough)note to self - wash your mouth out with soap(cough)
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

danhirons wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am So basically he wants the championship but with individual TV rights negotiations for each team. The problem with this is that it greatly prejudices against the smaller teams and you end up with a league like la Liga when barca and Real get way more than all of the other teams. Great for us but awful for teams like preston who have a much smaller following.
Exactly, which is why La Liga is dominated by two clubs* and the Premier League is much stronger top to bottom. The thought that a Leicester-like team - Levante or Getafe, for instance - could win a title is preposterous.

The question is, is it better for LUFC to have a TV revenue structure that might allow us to dominate the Championship, or is it better for LUFC to have a strong, competitive Championship top to bottom? Right now it would probably benefit us, but what about when we get back to the Premiership? Do we want to end up like Getafe? I still believe we can make it back to Europe.

*Either Barca or Real have won 29 of the past 34 La Liga titles.