TRF stories: Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: TRF stories: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by rab_rant »

Thanks for that that must have taken you an age. I read it from beginning to end
and I think I understand the passion and disagreements a bit better now.
It must have been a bitter blow to Argentina to have a Argentinian manage Chile,
since there is no love lost between those neighbouring countries.

I still like the video for its passion and energy and the selection of the clips.
Thanks once again.
lexluchor
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by lexluchor »

My pleasure! took me 10 minutes :D but its ok, is a joy to see that about Bielsa...
Here in Southamerica, at least in Chile and Argentina, Leeds games are each weekend alive, sometimes over games of City or others of the Premier, and I guess if Leeds office have the idea to bring shirts here to sell will be a great business too!
Leeds have a huge history, and deserve to be in the PL again, I think Bielsa is the right person to achieve that goal, because with a potatoe and 2 tomatoes, can build a Michelin star dish.... Chile had just medium or low quality players in his time, and he could make them play head to head with Argentina, Germany and Spain.... so, if there is no money, but passion, will be succesful.

I love this video, showing the pressing work how Bielsa likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVC7Tfzo6r8
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

lexluchor wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 pm My pleasure! took me 10 minutes :D but its ok, is a joy to see that about Bielsa...
Here in Southamerica, at least in Chile and Argentina, Leeds games are each weekend alive, sometimes over games of City or others of the Premier, and I guess if Leeds office have the idea to bring shirts here to sell will be a great business too!
Leeds have a huge history, and deserve to be in the PL again, I think Bielsa is the right person to achieve that goal, because with a potatoe and 2 tomatoes, can build a Michelin star dish.... Chile had just medium or low quality players in his time, and he could make them play head to head with Argentina, Germany and Spain.... so, if there is no money, but passion, will be succesful.

That is great to know. I did not know you were from South America or how popular Leeds are there.
Welcome to MOT, and I hope to see more posts from you, especially insights into Bielsa.

Thanks once again.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Bielsa seen at Spurs game.
It is certainly an advantage for Leeds that Bielsa has strong relationships with other managers,
especially ones in the Premier League. Not only is he admired by Pochettino but Manchester City’s
Pep Guardiola has also held the Argentine in high esteem in the past. It let to a lot of speculation
in the summer about Leeds signing players on loan from Spurs and Man City.

While they did not get anyone from North London, Jack Harrison was loaned from Manchester City
and he has had a key role to play in recent weeks with Pablo Hernandez injured.

Could Bielsa be thinking about a Spurs player he wants to sign on loan in January?
That would explain his visit to the John Smith’s on Saturday and someone who could be in his mind
is centre-back Juan Foyth, who could really do with some first team experience.
He has been called up to the Argentina national side despite not playing in the
Premier League for Tottenham, so a loan move could benefit all parties.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

lexluchor wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 pm My pleasure! took me 10 minutes :D but its ok, is a joy to see that about Bielsa...

Welcome to MOT Lex :tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:54 am Bielsa seen at Spurs game.
It is certainly an advantage for Leeds that Bielsa has strong relationships with other managers,
especially ones in the Premier League. Not only is he admired by Pochettino but Manchester City’s
Pep Guardiola has also held the Argentine in high esteem in the past. It let to a lot of speculation
in the summer about Leeds signing players on loan from Spurs and Man City.

While they did not get anyone from North London, Jack Harrison was loaned from Manchester City
and he has had a key role to play in recent weeks with Pablo Hernandez injured.

Could Bielsa be thinking about a Spurs player he wants to sign on loan in January?
That would explain his visit to the John Smith’s on Saturday and someone who could be in his mind
is centre-back Juan Foyth, who could really do with some first team experience.
He has been called up to the Argentina national side despite not playing in the
Premier League for Tottenham, so a loan move could benefit all parties.
Bielsa has a class mentality so no surprise he mixes with the elite :)