The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 24th Sept)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 24th Sept)

Post by rab_rant »

Lao Tzu says: When the enemy is moving fast make him move slow.

This is precisely the method deployed by Birmingham. Countless times they were going to
ground feigning injury. This breaks up the play. For goal kicks the ball would be placed at one
side of the goal and then slowly rolled to the other side before taking the kick. This gives Birmingham
some breathing space and time to recover. At throw-ins the ball would be passed from one player to
another, bounced around tens of times before the actual throw was taken. Classic time wasting
and running down the clock, which did not really work since 8 extra minutes were added on.
But what this "game management" did was frustrate and break down any forward momentum
that Leeds had going forward. The pressure on Birmingham near the end was colossal and they
scraped a victory by the skin of their teeth, and Leeds were thwarted by the Monkey King Monk
and his art of war. It was not pretty but it worked.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 24th Sept)

Post by Norm »

Thanks guys for the response - much appreciated. I knew we wouldn't be anything like as effective without Roofe and company but I didn't realise quite the extent of the cheating going on - something else that other teams can use against us I suppose. Hopefully Bielsa will find something - trouble is he's a pure football man, not a cheat.