The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 14th Sept)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 14th Sept)

Post by lufc1304 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:22 am Morning 1304,

Lean is right. Can't believe Ayling got told to lose 4kg. He's ripped.

Compare him against lets say the best female tennis player currently in the road Serena Williams.

I saw her in the final of the US Open. She was moving around the court with all the grace of a 3 legged hippo.

I know they are completely different sports but the efforts the Leeds team have made to get themselves in shape should be applauded....
We certainly won't want for fitness, Matt, that's for sure. I just hope we don't suffer burn out, especially if those seen as back up have to play more than anticipated due to injuries.

Take the point re Serena, but being heavily made hasn't stopped her being the best female tennis player of all time. I wouldn't want to be across the net from her!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 14th Sept)

Post by Chilli D »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:36 am DId you ever play against Plantation boys team or the Crocus pub team?
My son played at centre back for both teams.

Back in the day when I lived in Saffron walden. Oh happy days.

The town team had the most unusual pitch, you had to cope with two set of
inclines, one sloping from left to right and the other going slightly up hill
from one goal to the other.
Rab,

I didnt play against either of those team but I do remember the sloping pitch, the strangest one I ever played on.
I don't know how old your son is but I'm talking about '77 to '80 time.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden