The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 15th Aug)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 15th Aug)

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:58 pm Afternoon Weasel, regarding playing ugly, its the Championship. Look at the kind of players we used the last time we went up to the promised land.

Kammy

Vinnie

Baird

Blake

A young Batty

We used to batter our opposition.
Wilko knew what was needed to get out of the division. No coincidence that the same season Leeds went up so did Neil Warnock's Sheff Utd and Warnock has not changed the way he sets his side out to play in the 28 years since and is still getting success. However if we were going to try to get promoted that way we'd have been better off keeping PH and doing long balls and trying to pick up the loose balls. Plenty of teams in recent years have gone up playing good football, with Wolves the most recent, and that would appear to be the blueprint that we have. It is interesting that we are only 1 full season removed from Monk's win ugly side that for a large part of the season perfected the art of winning ugly by nicking a lot of games that could have gone either way.

Personally I can't see us doing the 1-0 wins much this year and we will either get promoted or crash and burn doing it Bielsa's way - he won't change his style so I just don't see any matches where it will become an ugly match - I can see us winning games comfortably and can also see games where we could get beaten by 3 or 4 - I don't see us losing 1-0 or winning 1-0 (barring it being a late winner for either side). In some ways this season could become like Grayson's Leeds with us being great going forward but conceding a lot too.