San Francisco Forty Niners buy 10% of LUFC

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: San Francisco Forty Niners buy 10% of LUFC

Post by Cjay »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ut-2930464

Radz had to take a shot at them in the media to prompt a response.

Different opinions but personally i dont see more 49ers investment as a positive.

We can do better then a venture capital firm who have contributed the square root of naff all aside from £10mil 2 years ago.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:06 pm This is spot on. Because there is no relegation in the major American sports leagues, you can have a poor squad and still make a significant amount of money. Hence, the Detroit Lions and the Cleveland Browns.
And if you don't make money, just move to another city? I'll never get that one. So fan unfriendly.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 pm If you'd asked me to guess I would have said the 49ers were 2nd or 3rd

Cowboys, Patriots, Gians, Rams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27 ... orts_teams
In that order yes ...

Money doesn't necessarily equate to success because of the draft and because of the salary cap. Dallas can spend no more than the Raiders can, there's also a salary floor you have to stay above over 2/3 seasons. The draft ensures new talent is spread equally too.

There's a lot of redundant thinking in the NFL and very poor scouting and coaching which also sees a lot of teams fail but it a jobs for the boys scenario a lot of the time..good player? must be a good coach/scout/GM
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:11 pm And if you don't make money, just move to another city? I'll never get that one. So fan unfriendly.
Not really so in the Raiders case, new stadia need approval and finacial support from the local authority and we were playing in an obsolete stadium shared with a baseball teams which gave us a part turf part dirt playing surface until the A's went out of the competition. Leaking toilets and roofs, facilities constantly in need of repair to boot. We spent years asking for a new stadium, The A's got one we were happy to share but they didn't want to neither did Oakland Authorities

LV offered to build us a shiny new stadium (Almost 2 years and 2 billion to build (nicked named the Death Star)) So we moved. I think that's ok for our fanbase which is Raider ethos based and not Oakland based. As long as we get to keep the Black Hole and the Silver and Black uniforms we'll be the same team

I know a lot of California based fans are planning to cross state lines to stay true to their team. The Oakland fan base very similar imo to the LUFC fanbase..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"