More excitement....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: More excitement....

Post by Elland back »

Evening faaip, 20 years of hurt says different pal. I'm not an O'Leary fan, imo, and this is only my opinion he manipulated the board into spending beyond their means and is every bit as responsible as Ridsdale. On top of that, he bought out his book, and got mixed up with costing the club in millions of pounds worth of agents fees that they did not need to spend..
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Elland back »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:01 pm Good Evening Ell

Welcome to MOT :tup:

Sadly I can see them both going, no I wouldn't blame them if they wish to further their career elsewhere. Problem is playing alongside average players brings your form down to their level so players with ambition need to move on if the opportunity arises
Evening 1964, which young prospects will want to come to a club that sells their best assetts at the first hurdle anyway?

Last/early this season we lost Wood, Taylor, Bartley and Green

How much effort did we actually make to try and sign Bartley?

I hear that Green was not only pissed off about Weidwald's signing but had fallen out with one of his team mates that apparantly had already packed his bags in the summer, only to do a complete 360 and stay (I've been told he is English but don't know who).
Club should have kept Green - promised him a big coaching job at the end of this season.

We made no efforts to replace Wood or Taylor apart from cheap options.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Elland back wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:53 pm

I assume we made we made no effort whatsoever :( I keep insisting we were three decent players away from a top six team, sadly our new owners had other ideas, took completely the wrong road & now we are a million miles away from a decent outfit
Elland back wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:53 pm I hear that Green was not only pissed off about Weidwald's signing but had fallen out with one of his team mates that apparantly had already packed his bags in the summer, only to do a complete 360 and stay (I've been told he is English but don't know who).
Club should have kept Green - promised him a big coaching job at the end of this season
Agreed unfortunately we've ended up with two clowns & a young keeper barely out of his nappies between the sticks
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:05 pm So most weekends...
:twisted:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Elland back wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:53 pm Evening 1964, which young prospects will want to come to a club that sells their best assetts at the first hurdle anyway?

I hear that Green was not only pissed off about Weidwald's signing but had fallen out with one of his team mates that apparantly had already packed his bags in the summer, only to do a complete 360 and stay (I've been told he is English but don't know who).
Club should have kept Green - promised him a big coaching job at the end of this season.

We made no efforts to replace Wood or Taylor apart from cheap options.
I think a lot of people have rose tinted glasses where Green is concerned. He played really well in the second half of the season, but made mistakes in the first, and he made a bad mistake in his last game for us against Newport in the League Cup. He's 38 now, came here after not being involved at QPR and is now 3rd choice at Huddersfield. It was his choice to leave, it obviously wasn't to play games, he could have stayed here and he could have ended up playing a lot of games.

Welcome to a forum where people don't get deleted for no reason, by the way.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:08 pm Firstly & foremost this is a Leeds United forum. Over the years it has developed with plenty of none-related LUFC topics which keeps the forum healthy & interesting for many

Born & bred in Leeds, anything connected to my home city is close to my heart. As a 7yo my first sporting events i attended were at Headingley where I witnessed the great Lewis Jones playing for Leeds RL & in the summers I had many good times watching YCC which included the greats Boycott, Close, Illingworth, Trueman, etc. Then as a 9yo I was introduced to Leeds United & they became my main team over the last 55 years

Sorry if my criticism of Leeds United upsets you Norm but after attending over 2,000 games & enduring broken promises/witnessing fifteen years of sh*te with owners constantly taking our supporters for a ride I firmly believe I have the right to be critical of my beloved club !
You don't trust the owners and yet perhaps the worst thing any owner has done here has been to sack Christiansen and replace him with Heckingbottom. You appear to back that decision, I don't get it.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:21 pm Rather watch us lose 4-0 than have no football at all
That must be why you continue to support PH.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

weasel wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:34 pm That must be why you continue to support PH.
It's only got as bad as 3-0 under him, you're getting confused with your mate Larry. ;-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:26 pm You don't trust the owners and yet perhaps the worst thing any owner has done here has been to sack Christiansen and replace him with Heckingbottom. You appear to back that decision, I don't get it.
And why should I with their track record.....

We were three players away from a very decent team at the end of last season.

They got rid of Monk for a less experienced manager as they wanted a yes man.

They allowed four of our best players to leave replacing them with inferior signings.

Used a scattergun approach rather than making a few quality signings.

Sending & leaving players out on loan when we needed them at ER particularly with injury/suspension problems.

The badge fiasco designed to deflect the lack of activity during the January Window.

Concentrating more effort on Boxing/Pop concerts/Ladies football than what is required on the pitch.

Sacked TC & replace him with another underwhelming coach when the club is crying out for a top manager, problem is decent managers wouldn't touch Leeds with a barge-pole.

As the business for the main-bulk of season-tickets sales are about to conclude at the end of this month they inform our fans that a a lower limit on players salaries is to be implemented & they'll be looking to make low-budget signings......this comes after we've witnessed 30k plus attendances at ER in the main & 20 televised matches plus all the extra revenue from major advertising.

Last season we finished 7th, this season we'll be lucky to finish 14th as our results are showing relegation form.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Norm wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 pm Is this a Leeds United board or a City of Leeds Board?
In 2003 I joined a Leeds United board and I'm sick to death of the Rhinos being your main support.
Bugger off and start your own Rhinos fan club if you want, but if you want to keep me and people like me, please stop this bullcrap.
Every post you make, there's a snide reference to just this kind of jingoism, putting our club and players down.
Yes, we may be in the dumps at the moment and we're all sick of our performances and the politics of it all, but it's not long ago you were jumping all over the Rhinos yourself - well, I'm bloody sick of it. This is a LEEDS UNITED forum and you don't need to forget it.

MOT does not include the bloody Rhinos, unless the majority of members say it does, in which case I'm out of here.
dont understand your angle here Norm , are you wanting a forum thats 100% LUFC with no other topics ??? , if so this would be a dull forum .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:34 pm That must be why you continue to support PH.
Not a supporter
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:22 pm I think a lot of people have rose tinted glasses where Green is concerned. He played really well in the second half of the season, but made mistakes in the first, and he made a bad mistake in his last game for us against Newport in the League Cup. He's 38 now, came here after not being involved at QPR and is now 3rd choice at Huddersfield. It was his choice to leave, it obviously wasn't to play games, he could have stayed here and he could have ended up playing a lot of games.

Welcome to a forum where people don't get deleted for no reason, by the way.
Clive I think you underestimate how good that defence was under Monk with little protection from our midfield :

Green

Ayling Pontus Bartley Berardi

As soon as the rock of last seasons team was dismantled we became a shambles this season.
We should have built on that rock, Forshaw in front of that defence would have made it even tighter but no our new management had other ideas :(

The season was doomed when we got shot of Green, made no effort to sign Bartley & deployed Cooper as our captain, Take out Ayling through injury then we had two players trying to do the job of five men

A total shambles that could have been easily avoided without all the meddling
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:55 am And why should I with their track record.....

We were three players away from a very decent team at the end of last season.

They got rid of Monk for a less experienced manager as they wanted a yes man.

They allowed four of our best players to leave replacing them with inferior signings.

Used a scattergun approach rather than making a few quality signings.

Sending & leaving players out on loan when we needed them at ER particularly with injury/suspension problems.

The badge fiasco designed to deflect the lack of activity during the January Window.

Concentrating more effort on Boxing/Pop concerts/Ladies football than what is required on the pitch.

Sacked TC & replace him with another underwhelming coach when the club is crying out for a top manager, problem is decent managers wouldn't touch Leeds with a barge-pole.

As the business for the main-bulk of season-tickets sales are about to conclude at the end of this month they inform our fans that a a lower limit on players salaries is to be implemented & they'll be looking to make low-budget signings......this comes after we've witnessed 30k plus attendances at ER in the main & 20 televised matches plus all the extra revenue from major advertising.

Last season we finished 7th, this season we'll be lucky to finish 14th as our results are showing relegation form.
Seems our owner has read your words 64.... :) :) :)

radz.jpg
radz.jpg (20.58 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

lol priceless :lol:
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Elland back »

Ronan wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:25 pm:twisted:
Absolutely agree...
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Can we change the subject title to "More Excrement" :lol:
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Azkalwhite wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:51 am Can we change the subject title to "More Excrement" :lol:
Just to clarify, meant some of the comments, not the football............ :angel:
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Elland back »

Morning 1964, totally agree, 3 players, assuming we had kept the nucleas of last seasons team. Unfortunately four left, and were all replaced with inferior players.

I did a poll on twitter. 80 percent of 1500 fans wanted Green to stay as number 1. What the hierachy saw was Wow - Werder Bremen number 2 keeper - he must be good!

If you look at his stats, on average as a Millwall fan pointed out to be, he conceded on average 2 goals per 90 minutes with a better defence in front of him.
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Elland back »

How much effort did we make to sign Bartley.

We didn't. I.E, we never made a bid for him!
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Elland back »

Clive wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:26 pm You don't trust the owners and yet perhaps the worst thing any owner has done here has been to sack Christiansen and replace him with Heckingbottom. You appear to back that decision, I don't get it.
Morning Clive, yes Green was extremely rusty. He had not played first team footbal for a long time, and was thrust straight into our first team.