Flu/Cold Bugs Worst For Years....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Flu/Cold Bugs Worst For Years....

Post by 1964white »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42725152

I know a couple on here have had rough time with flu over the last few weeks

I've had a cold since the start of the New Year & still struggling to shake off a nasty cough

Anyone on here had the flu jab?
gessa

Re: Flu/Cold Bugs Worst For Years....

Post by gessa »

I was told by the nurse that this strain is affecting people who've had the jab. I believe the flu jab is about 60% effective at best under normal circumstances.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I was told by the nurse that this strain is affecting people who've had the jab. I believe the flu jab is about 60% effective at best under normal circumstances.
I had the jab back in the 90's & constantly had colds for the next few months

Jill refuses to have the flu jab even though she entitled to it free of charge
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I had the 'flu way back when {mid 1970s) - in bed for a week, eyes sunken, difficulty breathing, the whole 9 yards, really sick - not to be confused with a very bad cold/chest infection. Since then I haven't had a 'flu jab and I haven't had the 'flu, although sometimes people around me have. I often wonder about these different strains and wonder whether, just maybe, there isn't quite so much difference as they make out, i.e. there's more commonality than they let on. Everytime 'Big Pharma' is involved there's money to be made. :dun: