Middlesbro' v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Re: Middlesbro' v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by ldsutd »

Well what a contrast in games from last season to this season last season we was lucky to win and this time they was lucky to win. This game should of been a draw, we gifted them all 3 goals and we got a goal disallowed which in my mind should of stood.
The own goal I don't blame Bellusci for it as we don't know if Silvestri was shouting for the ball or if he was telling Bellusci to deal with it or neither and not commanding his area at all, own goals happen it's one of them split seconds when the defender tries to get something on the ball to stop it falling to the opposition just ask Cooper he did one earlier in the season. Bamba's slip right in front of goal was unlucky and we was unlucky to be punished for it. Middlesbrough didn't do enough to win the game as said this should of been a draw. Botaka looked handy but so did Adryan in his first few games until he was dropped by Redfearn and never seen again :roll:
We missed the big man upfront because we had no target to get the crosses to.
All in all a bad day at the office I just wish sky wasn't kissing boro asses and saying they was the better team because they wasn't.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

ldsutd wrote:Well what a contrast in games from last season to this season last season we was lucky to win and this time they was lucky to win. This game should of been a draw, we gifted them all 3 goals and we got a goal disallowed which in my mind should of stood.
The own goal I don't blame Bellusci for it as we don't know if Silvestri was shouting for the ball or if he was telling Bellusci to deal with it or neither and not commanding his area at all, own goals happen it's one of them split seconds when the defender tries to get something on the ball to stop it falling to the opposition just ask Cooper he did one earlier in the season. Bamba's slip right in front of goal was unlucky and we was unlucky to be punished for it. Middlesbrough didn't do enough to win the game as said this should of been a draw. Botaka looked handy but so did Adryan in his first few games until he was dropped by Redfearn and never seen again :roll:
All in all a bad day at the office I just wish sky wasn't kissing boro asses and saying they was the better team because they wasn't.
not sure what game you were watching for the ninety minutes...
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

ldsutd wrote:Well what a contrast in games from last season to this season last season we was lucky to win and this time they was lucky to win. This game should of been a draw, we gifted them all 3 goals and we got a goal disallowed which in my mind should of stood.
Judging by Bellusci's reaction after the 2nd goal I would guess Silvestri did shout for the ball. Middlesbrough in my opinion are not as good as Sky appear to think they are, a better team i.e. Derby, Ipswich, Brighton, Fulham etc would have won that game today in my opinion. We might have won it ourselves if Chris Wood could have played and if Uwe chosen Cooper instead of Bellusci (although I will admit I wanted Bellusci to start as I thought he was more suited to this type of game :oops:.) I thought we played well and would have probably got the draw had the Antenucci goal (which was onside in my opinion) had counted as that totally changed the game. None of the defence played well in my opinion and Bamba's form is starting to worry me he hasn't had a good game for a while in my opinion. Ratings for the game in my opinion: Silvestri 5, Berardi 6, Bellusci 3, Bamba 3, Taylor 5, Cook 5, Adeyemi 7 (I thought he played well), Mowatt 6, Botaka 6, Antenucci 7 (our man of the match), Dallas 5. Substitutions: Doukara 6, Murphy 5.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Today showed why defences shouldn't be tinkered with. Select your best 4 and let them get an understanding. For the last few weeks Bamba has been playing right of centre, today he was out of position for the goal as he should have been winning the initial header (before the cross) but instead Taylor had to come in to try to win the header against Nugent who played it wide to the man Taylor should have been marking. Nugent then ran in unmarked by Bamba who left Bellusci to deal with him. Bellusci looked rusty and we all know his strength is not dealing with crosses. If Bamba wins the first header then the ball isn't played out wide, Taylor isn't stuck in no man's land, the cross doesn't come in, Bellusci doesn't f*ck up etc.

If Bamba and Belusci had been playing together then I would have expected Bamba's starting position to be different and for him to win the initial header. If Bamba and Cooper had have been playing then due to Cooper always playing left of centre I would have expected him to win the initial header. The confusion from them not playing together was the crucial factor in the goal. Even if Bamba or Cooper hadn't have won the initial header they should have been competing for it instead of Taylor which then means Taylor is able to mark his man, instead Taylor was having to try to get at his man from a bad starting positon making it much harder to tackle/block the cross.

The 2nd goal (the Bellusci og) is again something that I feel his lack of matches in recent weeks has not helped with. He hasn't played in the development squad/under 21s etc so Bellusci will have been just playing 5 a side or training matches where likely the ball is predominantly played on the ground. Yes he shouldn't be putting it in his net but rustiness makes it harder to deal with crosses like that.

3rd goal summed up the game for me where nothing went right for us. I take the positives that for a large part of the game we looked decent and had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Boro were the better team but we weren't as far behind as 3-0 would suggest.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

danhirons wrote:
not sure what game you were watching for the ninety minutes...
What part don't you agree with?? We gifted them goals or we played better than them? or We missed the big man upfront? please explain.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We were much worse against MK
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Silvestri - 7 (Both centre backs could have put through their own net, the one who's not played gets the criticism)
Beradi - 8
Bamba - 6
Bellusci - 5
Taylor - 7

Boutaga - 7
Mowatt - 8
Cook - 7 (still not seeing enough end product)
Adeyemi - 6
Dallas - 6 (Palas to quick, never going to win down the left today)

Antenucci - 7, Took his goal well but maybe should have scored earlier

Doukara - 5 very good at running into dead ends it seems
Murphy - 6 Should have started but didn't get into the game

Rosler - 6
Team - 7
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The ref was from Lancs.
Didn't he see the Nugent handball for his goal?
Why did he have to twist the linesman's arm to disallow Mirco's goal?
Hey Ref... If you had another eye you would be a cyclops.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

faaip wrote:we kinda bought this on ourselves dropping Bellusi when he was playing well..looks a little rusty.
FFS :shock:
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

The most important thing now in my opinion is taking 4 points from our next 2 home games and continuing our ok away form. In my opinion it has still been a par for the course start and we shouldn't get too worried or concerned as Middlesbrough are a top team but I thought we were the better team today and had the decisions gone for us we may well have managed to get a 2-2 draw.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

weasel wrote:Today showed why defences shouldn't be tinkered with. Select your best 4 and let them get an understanding. For the last few weeks Bamba has been playing right of centre, today he was out of position for the goal as he should have been winning the initial header (before the cross) but instead Taylor had to come in to try to win the header against Nugent who played it wide to the man Taylor should have been marking. Nugent then ran in unmarked by Bamba who left Bellusci to deal with him. Bellusci looked rusty and we all know his strength is not dealing with crosses. If Bamba wins the first header then the ball isn't played out wide, Taylor isn't stuck in no man's land, the cross doesn't come in, Bellusci doesn't f*ck up etc.

If Bamba and Belusci had been playing together then I would have expected Bamba's starting position to be different and for him to win the initial header. If Bamba and Cooper had have been playing then due to Cooper always playing left of centre I would have expected him to win the initial header. The confusion from them not playing together was the crucial factor in the goal. Even if Bamba or Cooper hadn't have won the initial header they should have been competing for it instead of Taylor which then means Taylor is able to mark his man, instead Taylor was having to try to get at his man from a bad starting positon making it much harder to tackle/block the cross.

The 2nd goal (the Bellusci og) is again something that I feel his lack of matches in recent weeks has not helped with. He hasn't played in the development squad/under 21s etc so Bellusci will have been just playing 5 a side or training matches where likely the ball is predominantly played on the ground. Yes he shouldn't be putting it in his net but rustiness makes it harder to deal with crosses like that.

3rd goal summed up the game for me where nothing went right for us. I take the positives that for a large part of the game we looked decent and had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Boro were the better team but we weren't as far behind as 3-0 would suggest.
Excellent analysis :tup: , 100% agree with all of this.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

"3rd goal summed up the game for me where nothing went right for us. I take the positives that for a large part of the game we looked decent and had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Boro were the better team but we weren't as far behind as 3-0 would suggest."

Agreed....we were the masters of our own downfall.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

I don't think they was the better team, we looked most like scoring and pushed on more than them for the best part of the game. We just couldn't score and I just wonder what we would of been like if we had Wood on instead of Antenucci because todays game suited Wood more than Ant.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Only got back an hour ago, had a decent cuppa & the usual Mrs 64 culinary special mulling over the thoughts of today's game

I can take plenty of positives from this match as our general play was good, unfortunately mistakes win games & we contrived to shoot ourselves in the foot in abundance today with our CB's intent on committing Calamity Jane/Bambi On Ice defensive mishaps !
As for Mr Swarbrick who apparently is a prem ref, his performance was just as feeble. Even though we were 2-0 down we were on top when Antenucci looked to have reduced the arrears with a well taken goal. I was in line with the Boro' backline & The Ant was definitely onside. The linesman didn't flag but didn't run back to the halfway line as we celebrated the goal. How can the referee make a offside decision from where he was stood ? he obviously influenced the lino, my interpretation of the incident is to give the benefit of doubt to the attacking team, didn't the ball deflect off a Boro' defender as Ant made his run ?
Was it Clayton who made the two footed tackle & got away with it ?
When Taylor got round the back of their defence & was hacked down as he ran towards the box, why no yellow card ?
Then Swarbrick dishes out two yellow cards for innocuous challenges in the middle of the park
Wasn't impressed with Boro' at all tbh, they are nothing special as they created very little infact the only other chance i can recall was when Bambi on ice nearly headed into his own net where Silvestri saved his blushes. Berardi once again was easily our most accomplished defender & probably my MOTM !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Silvestri - 6
Berardi - 8
Bellusci - 3
Bamba - 4
Taylor - 6
Adeyemi - 6
Cook - 7
Mowatt - 7
Botaka - 7
Antenucci - 6
Dallas - 6
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

ldsutd wrote:
What part don't you agree with?? We gifted them goals or we played better than them? or We missed the big man upfront? please explain.
that you can excuse the mistakes - bellusci was massively at fault for the second goal and entirely if silvestri called for it as it looks like he did. Also we definitely didn't deserve anything from the game.

that offisde call is so close - his trailing leg maybe just about in line? With regards to the linesman's decision - I think it must have been he wasn't sure if it hit a Leeds player on the way through or not or whether it just hit a boro player - so I imagine the ref confirmed it hit a Leeds player and hence offside
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Post by CptCrash »

Decent performance in the main. Both of these centre halfs have a fragility that inevitably leads to too many slips, misplaced passes etc. Bamba does more than enough to compensate usually......
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

1964white wrote:Only got back an hour ago, had a decent cuppa & the usual Mrs 64 culinary special mulling over the thoughts of today's game

I can take plenty of positives from this match as our general play was good, unfortunately mistakes win games & we contrived to shoot ourselves in the foot in abundance today with our CB's intent on committing Calamity Jane/Bambi On Ice defensive mishaps !
As for Mr Swarbrick who apparently is a prem ref, his performance was just as feeble. Even though we were 2-0 down we were on top when Antenucci looked to have reduced the arrears with a well taken goal. I was in line with the Boro' backline & The Ant was definitely onside. The linesman didn't flag but didn't run back to the halfway line as we celebrated the goal. How can the referee make a offside decision from where he was stood ? he obviously influenced the lino, my interpretation of the incident is to give the benefit of doubt to the attacking team, didn't the ball deflect off a Boro' defender as Ant made his run ?
Was it Clayton who made the two footed tackle & got away with it ?
When Taylor got round the back of their defence & was hacked down as he ran towards the box, why no yellow card ?
Then Swarbrick dishes out two yellow cards for innocuous challenges in the middle of the park
Wasn't impressed with Boro' at all tbh, they are nothing special as they created very little infact the only other chance i can recall was when Bambi on ice nearly headed into his own net where Silvestri saved his blushes. Berardi once again was easily our most accomplished defender & probably my MOTM !

The ball deflected of a Leeds player and through a boro players legs, hence the tv images ive seen shows it as offside, extremly tight offside, but still offside, which is why i dont see that decision as to bad.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Great photo's from a lady who attends the majority of our games, hope i didn't break your camera :lol:

Got me !

Arms aloft in full song singing MOT

I'm not famous anymore :D

Screenshot 2015-09-27 at 21.20.07.png
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Didn't so much shoot ourselves in the foot today, but repeatedly pressed the 'do not press this button' button. Middlesboro didn't need to show up other than to take throw ins and restarts.

Still, I take heart from the knowledge that fate dealt us a very nasty start to the season and that things will hopefully get better.