Players Ratings v Wolves (a)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Players Ratings v Wolves (a)

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Ayling
Koch
Wober
Firpo
Roca
McKennie
Aaronson
Harrison
Bamford
Gnonto
subs
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Players Ratings v Wolves (a)

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 8
Ayling - 6
Koch - 7.5
Wober - 8.5
Firpo - 6.5
Roca - 7
McKennie - 7.5
Aaronson - 6
Harrison - 8
Bamford - 7
Gnonto - 8

Kristensen - 7
Rodrigo - 7
Summerville - 7
Struijk - 6
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

That was nuts. A cracking game for the neutral.... a white knuckle ride for the rest of us. When they got it back to 2-3 i thought we had blown it.

Meslier 8: One world class save again. Wrong footed for their second and Roca f*cked up their first.
Ayling 5: Another terrible game from Bill, especially first half but his goal was really good movement.
Koch 8: A couple of defence splitting passes early on and solid enough in defence.
Wober 9: He was awesome first half. Its just great to see a proper defender back at Leeds.
Firpo 6: Some good defencive work tarnished by some sloppy play. Booked again.
Roca 7: What was he doing for their first? Altho it was a good finish. Worked hard but no real control as Wolves dominated.
McKennie 8: Slow to get into the game but he worked tirelessly and made a couple of last ditch tackles. Much better second half.
Aaronson 7: Frustrated the hell out of me but he does make things happen and wins alot of free kicks.
Harrison 8: Lovely taken goal again. His usual hard work and he put his foot in today. Lost his way abit second half.
Bamford 6: Worked hard with his back to goal a couple of nice touches at times let down by no vision from his team mates.
Gnonto 8: Outstanding again from Gnonto. A constant menace and he wasn't happy at being replaced, we all wasn't.

Kristensen 5: Didn't really do much other than the goal. Gracia was protecting bill and it worked because everything was coming down the right with Adama.
Rodrigo 5: He was absolute garbage but its great to see that killer instinct back it will give him the boost we need.
Summerville 7: Excellent from Jimmy when he came on. Whether its him or Willy coming on we have real pace and trickery to cause teams bother late on.
Struijk 6: Did what he could to stop Adama.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Meslier-8. Extra point for the save

Ayling-4 . .point for the goal, awful and his passing was some of the worst I've seen.

Firpo-4 . Really struggled.

Koch-7.5 . Did a good job

Wober-9 . Absolutely brilliant.

Roca-5 . Struggled I felt

McKennie-5.5 Struggled a bit less but not great

Harrison-8 . Best game for ages, worked hard to.

Aaronson-5 . Poor

Gnonto-8 . Did really well then on, good assist

Bamford-6 . OKish

Rodrigo-7 . For the goal only really

Summerville-8..really good cameo and assist

Kristensen-7.5 . Defended well and good finish

Struijk-6 . Meh
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Meslier... 8....A couple of excellent saves, made the right choice in coming out for their first goal. Was undone by team mate giving the ball away.
Ayling... 8....Captains performance today, well worked goal.
Firpo... 5....Not so good today, lucky not to give a penalty away, usual booking, struggled with Traore pace.
Koch.... 7....Solid without being spectacular.
Wober... 9....Tower of strength, important blocks and clearances. Unlucky with the deflection.
Roca....6....Poor game, gave the ball away, no real telling passes.
Mckennie... 7...Some good moments, worked hard.
Aaronson... 7...Better game today. Still gives the ball away, and makes the wrong choice. Shoots over when should have passed to Bamford, and should have shot when tried a difficult pass.
Gnonto... 8....Looked threatening and seems to have great technical skill.
Bamford... 7....Couple of good moments, fair game.
Harrison... 8.5....Did well today, took his goal really well and got stuck in.
Kristensen.. 7....Made a difference when he came on, nice to see his persistence rewarded with a goal.
Rodrigo... 7...Cameo off the bench, got his goal.
Summerville.. 7.5...Did well when he came on, nice assist.
Struijk.... 6....Did slightly better defending against Traore.

Grazia... 8....Good away game plan. I like how he keeps calm during pressure moments, hope this transmits to the players.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Harrison 8
Wober 8
Gnoto 7
Mes 7
Koch 7
Firpo 6
Ayling 7
Bamfprd 6
Rod 6
Aaronson 5
McD 6
Roca 6
Summerville 7
Struijk 6
Rasmus 7
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Meslier 7: as usual made some tremendous saves but loses a point for getting their 1st goal all wrong, he could have stayed in his area and collected the ball comfortably.
Ayling 6: plenty of effort as ever and an extra point for scoring his goal but plenty of very poor moments too.
Koch 6.5: just about held his own
Wober 8: MOTM unlucky with the deflection for their second but an absolute Trojan in defence
Firpo 5: still not at all convinced
Roca 5: all in all not good enough
McKennie 6: worked hard without really getting to grips with the game
Aaronson 6: he does things in too much of a rush, had some good moments but spurned a few good opportunities
Harrison 7: took his goal very well and very involved early on, faded a bit
Gnonto 7.5: our most dangerous player by a margin, another great assist and looks very accomplished for his age
Bamford 5.5: still looks short of confidence - should have gone through himself instead of passing to Aaronson when he had the better chance second half.

Kristensen 6: showed good persistence for his goal and Ayling needed replacing. Not convinced so far.
Rodrigo 5: an extra point for his well taken goal but other than that slow and plodding.
Struijk 6: came on at a difficult time but just about held his own against the beast
Summerville 7: nice little cameo in an attacking sense from him with an assist as well.
Tom_Siffringer
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Tom_Siffringer »

I'm not sure I've seen such wild disparities in player rankings... well, ever

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tom_Siffringer wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:38 pm I'm not sure I've seen such wild disparities in player rankings... well, ever

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I have Tom.

Mine could differ, tomorrow.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Mine to follow tomorrow after a rewatch. Was too busy talking in the forum during the game today.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:35 pm Mine to follow tomorrow after a rewatch. Was too busy talking in the forum during the game today.
I was a nervous wreck watching it live.

I'll be calm as a cucumber tomorrow, I predict us to win 2-4 :lol:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier 8: Some brilliant saves. Not at fault for the second goal and only marginally for the first
Ayling 6: Gets a point for the goal but spent most of the day getting turned inside out
Koch 7: Solid
Wober 8: MOTM. He's been a revelation in central defense. Brilliant pass to Gnonto set up first goal.***
Firpo 6: Marginally better than Ayling defensively, but no goal, so they get the same rating
Roca 5.5: Looks a lot better with Adams out there.
McKennie 7: Also looks better with Adams alongside, but did a good job trying to fill that role
Aaronson 6.5: Regular pest and helped press forward pretty well.
Harrison 7.5: Good game. Always a danger. Could easily have had another goal or two
Gnonto 7.5: What a find. Don't understand why he was subbed off.
Bamford 6.5: Things got measurably worse when he was subbed off.

Kristensen 6.5: A regular beast to score.
Rodrigo 6: Was ready to say he was miserable until he scored a lovely goal
Struijk 6: Came on and made Traore's life much more difficult
Summerville 7: He looked sharp

Correction: Just watched the replay. It was Koch who made the pass to set up Gnonto for the opening goal. Wober had made a similar pass just a few seconds earlier.
Last edited by John in Louisiana on Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

NOTE: Slight changes following rewatch of the extended highlights….

Meslier 7.5: I don’t fault much for either goal, but I question if he needed to come out for the header clearance that led to their first goal. Great performance otherwise.
Ayling 6: I really wonder if there’s a tape out there of him and teams are sharing it. Continues to look vulnerable out there. I’ll add a point for the goal, which was spectacular.
Koch 7: Solid outing with a couple of nervy moments. Nice “hockey assist” on the outlet pass to Gnonto which fed Harrison’s goal.
Wober 8.5: My MOTM. Completely obliterated any threat in his path. Saved two potential goals off the goal line. Great match from him.
Firpo 5.5: Rough outing and Stuijk looked better against Traore.
Roca 5.5: Had a rough outing and probably was a bit outmanned in the middle with McKennie (so I’ll concede a half a point), but have to dock a full point for the perfect assist to conribute Wolves’s first goal. However, his corners were an upgrade over what we’ve seen in a long time and one assisted Ayling’s goal.
McKennie 6: Decent job out there. Had more presence than Roca and had a few creative flicks that didn’t materialize, but not his best outing for Leeds
Aaronson 6.5: God, what could have been! Was involved in so many dangerous situations, but turned into the old version of Jack Harrison we’ve previously been suffering from in the final third. The last decision was always off…shooting when he should have laid it off to Bamford, dribbling the ball centrally between the two defenders instead of trying to lay off to Rodri, etc. So many wasted opportunities from him today. Maybe he can play through this and build upon it.
Harrison 8: One of his best outings. Great finish on the goal and actually had a decent effort on target that almost resulted in a second. Was also getting stuck in on defense constantly. Bloody nose, stitches, didn’t matter, he was getting after it. Second place behind Wober for MOTM for me.
Gnonto 7.5: Great outing. Looked consistently dangerous. Awesome assist on the Harrison goal. Very peculiar substitution for Rasmus, but can’t complain with the ensuing result.
Bamford 6.5: Wasn’t as good as last week’s effort, but his defensive contributions and work rate were noticeably absent when he was subbed off. Solid effort.

Kristensen 6.5: Decent out wide and what a goal!
Rodrigo 6: Touch and fitness still look off, but what a goal! Would’ve been a 5 if he didn’t score.
Struijk 6: Decent effort and looked slightly more solid against Traore when he came on.
Summerville 7: Another attacking player with a nice showing. Great heads up on keeping play alive and assisting on Rodri’s goal.
Last edited by JoeDenver on Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Any more ratings?
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Meslier 8.5 - World Class point blank save topped off an impressive display. Regardless of how our season ends I think we will struggle to keep him this summer. He is a special talent.
Ayling 6.5 - Switched off and robbed of possession in dangerous areas, poor distribution but a clever goal. But always works both ends of the pitch.
Koch 7.5 - good solid game. He is Mr Reliable this season.
Wober 9 - A rock. Not faultless but in a game where we had minimal possession and were under the cosh for large parts - to only concede 2 goals was largely down to him.
Firpo 5.5 - teetered on the edge of disaster all game defensively. No Adams to cover for him and looked indecisive for all the time he was on the pitch.
McKennie - 6.5 Worked tirelessly and made some valuable interceptions but was part of a midfield entirely over run.
Roca 5 - weak in the tackle, no composure, poor distribution, hides - his performance underlines his inability to affect games.
Aaronson 7 - poor decision making at times but he always wants the ball, brave and tireless.
Harrison 8 - agree with others another good game and good finish.
Gnonto 8 - why he was the one to make way for Rasmus is mind boggling. Perhaps it was to avoid injury. Need this boy to stay for to beat the drop.
Bamford 5.5 - dominated physically by the opposition. Rolling on the floor far too often and whining.

Rasmus - 7
Struijk 6.5
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The disparity in the Leeds and Wolves player ratings, where Wolves players score 4's for the most part and the Leeds players 8's, is an indicator that most fan bases don't really watch games outside of the big picture and a few stats... We weren't twice as good but that's what you'd take away if you hadn't seen the game

Wolves shot themselves in the foot by taking off Neto and then later Neves .....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

faaip wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:35 am The disparity in the Leeds and Wolves player ratings, where Wolves players score 4's for the most part and the Leeds players 8's, is an indicator that most fan bases don't really watch games outside of the big picture and a few stats... We weren't twice as good but that's what you'd take away if you hadn't seen the game

Wolves shot themselves in the foot by taking off Neto and then later Neves .....
Marks are always distorted and largely dependant on the result rather than individual performance.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:35 am The disparity in the Leeds and Wolves player ratings, where Wolves players score 4's for the most part and the Leeds players 8's, is an indicator that most fan bases don't really watch games outside of the big picture and a few stats... We weren't twice as good but that's what you'd take away if you hadn't seen the game
My assessment of ratings 1-10:
1 - has obviously never seen a football before.
2 - a liability
3 - very poor
4 - poor
5 - average
6 - slightly better than average
7 - good
8 - very good
9 - excellent
10 - utterly imperious (almost unachievable)

I don’t know where Leeds players rating 8s “for the most part”, comes from faaip. My mean average score for yesterday is 6.23 (including just one 8) i.e. slightly better than average which, in retrospect, is probably influenced by the result given that, in truth, we could be described as resilient at best. We were under the cosh for the most part, couldn’t keep the ball for more than a couple of passes in a row and even looked distinctly vulnerable against 10 men, the fact that we scored 4 goals is probably the reason.

By the way your mean average is 7.13 which I, personally, think is definitely over generous and influenced by the result.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:05 am My assessment of ratings 1-10:
1 - has obviously never seen a football before.
2 - a liability
3 - very poor
4 - poor
5 - average
6 - slightly better than average
7 - good
8 - very good
9 - excellent
10 - utterly imperious (almost unachievable)

I don’t know where Leeds players rating 8s “for the most part”, comes from faaip. My mean average score for yesterday is 6.23 (including just one 8) i.e. slightly better than average which, in retrospect, is probably influenced by the result given that, in truth, we could be described as resilient at best. We were under the cosh for the most part, couldn’t keep the ball for more than a couple of passes in a row and even looked distinctly vulnerable against 10 men, the fact that we scored 4 goals is probably the reason.

By the way your mean average is 7.13 which I, personally, think is definitely over generous and influenced by the result.
Apologies, for some reason I must have edited out the BBC game day ratings part out of my post....for it was those that I was refering to, we had 6 or 7 8 pluses, worst was 7.5 or something. Wolves got mostly 4's with a few 3's. Their best was around 4.5

As for the final bit, my votes cannot be influenced by the result as they're kept during the game and I've had players getting 9's in a losing effort many times

I start from 6

6 - The baseline for a match of doing nothing wrong and nothing good, just for being on the pitch really. So a score of seven is just above average

from there I add for good, (1-2 points for a goal, .5 -1.5 for an assist, .5 for a clever pass, good tackle, interception, shot on goal, good run/movement etc)
I subtract for yellows, reds, losing possession, very poor pass, missing tackles, pulling out of blocks, not making a run, wtf moments etc, etc, etc

I think IIRC Harrison's score went up or down 9 times in game ending with an 8. No recency bias, no forgetting they started a game well.... no influence from the final score...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:27 am I was a nervous wreck watching it live.

I'll be calm as a cucumber tomorrow, I predict us to win 2-4 :lol:
Much more entertaining on the rewatch. Really enjoyed the comedy show after our 4th.