Mods

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
velo
Manager
Manager

Re: Mods

Post by velo »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:41 pm 305FB9C5-CACD-40F3-985B-026D74B94066.jpeg

Probably best to remind ourselves what sexuality actually means and whether or not it’s actually a subject for discussion on this forum.
I mean some of us or even a lot of us are parents, would you actually care if your child was gay or straight or would you just be happy that they were expressing themselves in a way that makes them happy.
:tup:
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Becoming like Lord of the flies round here.

Better than being a rocker.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:41 pm 305FB9C5-CACD-40F3-985B-026D74B94066.jpeg

Probably best to remind ourselves what sexuality actually means and whether or not it’s actually a subject for discussion on this forum.
I mean some of us or even a lot of us are parents, would you actually care if your child was gay or straight or would you just be happy that they were expressing themselves in a way that makes them happy.
My uncle was gay, lived in Brighton and loved a hollywood dancer/actor...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:48 pm Becoming like Lord of the flies round here.

Better than being a rocker.
Not sure what that has to do with anything

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Mods & Rockers
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:48 pm My uncle was gay, lived in Brighton and loved a hollywood dancer/actor...
Which actor/dancer?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:35 pm Why Weasel? Best to step back & say nothing rather than agitate someone, especially as neither of you see eye to eye on here.
You said the other day you read every post. How then have you missed the continued homophobic posts from a certain member?

I know a few posters have tried not to get involved along the lines of 'They'll burn down the synagogues at 6' o clock and we'll all go along like before' but surely the mods should be having a quiet word with the member?

Like I have said before I am not calling for a ban but blatant repeated homophobia has no place on the forum so a polite warning may be in order.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I'm thinking of becoming gay just so I can offend Velo without having to write anything.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Locked.

......and please don't anyone start a new thread to continue the pointless baiting.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:09 pm You said the other day you read every post. How then have you missed the continued homophobic posts from a certain member?

I know a few posters have tried not to get involved along the lines of 'They'll burn down the synagogues at 6' o clock and we'll all go along like before' but surely the mods should be having a quiet word with the member?

Like I have said before I am not calling for a ban but blatant repeated homophobia has no place on the forum so a polite warning may be in order.
I haven't missed them.

Maybe we've had a quiet word.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:09 pm You said the other day you read every post. How then have you missed the continued homophobic posts from a certain member?

I don't read every post, I dont have time to. I know the mods try but it's a difficult task. That's why we have the report function, but hardly anyone uses it.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:17 pm I don't read every post, I dont have time to. I know the mods try but it's a difficult task. That's why we have the report function, but hardly anyone uses it.
I know it is an impossible task and you guys do a great job. I hope you have had a quiet word.

And please don't mistake being disgusted as 'baiting'
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:13 pm Locked.

......and please don't anyone start a new thread to continue the pointless baiting.
Why is it that when things need to be debated threads get locked. Well done Leon and Adam for actually responding and saying what is happening. Sad if you see this as just some sort of petty dispute and supposed 'baiting' rather than the more serious nature of some threads. Similar to how racism gets laughed off etc.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:30 pm Why is it that when things need to be debated threads get locked. Well done Leon and Adam for actually responding and saying what is happening. Sad if you see this as just some sort of petty dispute and supposed 'baiting' rather than the more serious nature of some threads. Similar to how racism gets laughed off etc.

The thread isn't locked to stifle debate but because it's going over ground already covered in a previous thread.

If you have converns please feel free to drop me, or any of the mods a DM or use the report post function.

Though I'm going to have to refer myself to the IMCC because cjay has just reported me!