LEEDS UNITED-FA CUP WINNERS 2023

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: LEEDS UNITED-FA CUP WINNERS 2023

Post by Orange Box »

BBC smell blood, the games live on BBC1
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Accrington Stanley who they are. Another good run out for the kids with the big guns on the bench just in case. Don't ask me who will play in midfield cos we haven't got many but other than that i put my faith in Sinni, Bam bam & Joffy... If he's still here.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Man City 6/4
Man Utd 4/1
Liverpool 6/1
Tottenham 6/1
Brighton 14/1
West Ham 16/1
Fulham 20/1
Leicester 25/1
Leeds 25/1
Southampton 50/1
Burnley 50/1
Sheff Utd 75/1
Ipswich 100/1
West Brom 100/1

With one of Brighton/Liverpool definitely going, the question is any more shocks to make our path a bit smoother ?
Man U, Leicester, Fulham ,Southampton, Spurs, West Ham are all in the firing line. Surely at least one will go.
Tempting fate, but we have a good chance of getting a favorable draw in 5th round, even home to Spurs or Brighton would be ok.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Leeds history in this is really pretty abysmal.Last final 1973 , last semi 1987 a few 5th round and a q/f since I think is the record , but .......Bury have won the cup more , Coventry , Wigan , Ipswich have won the same amount .....hell even a club from another country has equal wins 🤔. A club of Leeds size and reputation should have more history in this ideally , I get the feel that it's not taken that seriously in recent years , survival , promotion all taking precedent......hence beyond this round , and not assuming anything here either ( Histon , Sutton ) I have no real hopes of anything spectacular.I would love the FA cup to be back at Leeds after over 50 years .....I watched that match back then , loved it and you think these things will never come to an end .......50 years plus waiting ......and waiting ! One other semi since the Sunderland loss was the Man Utd semi in the 70's so two semis and one quarter final in 50 years 😱😭
SnifferClarke
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by SnifferClarke »

Anyone else tempted @ 20/1 ? 10/1 runners up ?

Pre 5 round draw always risky.......
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SnifferClarke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:40 pm Anyone else tempted @ 20/1 ? 10/1 runners up ?

Even when I use to have a little dabble many years ago, I never bet on Leeds.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

I personally think its way beyond us to win this, even if we did get a lot of luck. The last 2 draws have been very kind to us but that wont last :)
I would prefer we save all our luck for the league, we are definitely going to need it more there.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

SnifferClarke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:40 pm Anyone else tempted @ 20/1 ? 10/1 runners up ?

As I said previously, I just don’t see us winning it, or even runners up.

The big sides will get serious about it now, and we just aren’t good enough at the moment to compete.

Hope I’m wrong though.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Of the teams left in the Cup, the two Manchester clubs plus Spurs, Brighton and Fulham are above us and are top half of the PL.

Avoid the 2 Manc teams and think we would have a real go at the rest in a one off game.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

26/1 on the Exchange.
I'm on pre 3rd round @60s for my annual charity donation. But this could be the year I scrape it all back.
Could go either way depending on the draw, get Man C away and we go to 50s ,Home tie v Bristol City coupled with Man On Man and Spurs v Brighton and we shorten.
Bear in mind, its all in the stars this year.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:53 pm I personally think its way beyond us to win this, even if we did get a lot of luck. The last 2 draws have been very kind to us but that wont last :)
I would prefer we save all our luck for the league, we are definitely going to need it more there.
O ye of no faith. What are we if we cannot dream ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mfd4E7kpvc
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Pullhard wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:48 pm Of the teams left in the Cup, the two Manchester clubs plus Spurs, Brighton and Fulham are above us and are top half of the PL.

Avoid the 2 Manc teams and think we would have a real go at the rest in a one off game.
Yep, dodge the Manc duo and get a home tie . That'll do.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Madron wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:09 pm O ye of no faith. What are we if we cannot dream ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mfd4E7kpvc
I just live in the real world :lol: :lol:

Fingers crossed for a good cup run though. MOT
SnifferClarke
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by SnifferClarke »

Madron wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:04 pm 26/1 on the Exchange.
I'm on pre 3rd round @60s for my annual charity donation. But this could be the year I scrape it all back.
Could go either way depending on the draw, get Man C away and we go to 50s ,Home tie v Bristol City coupled with Man On Man and Spurs v Brighton and we shorten.
Bear in mind, its all in the stars this year.
I am too lazy to open another account, do enough damage with William Hill & Sporting Index.

£5 e/w for a bit of fun.

Bristol City would do nicely 😀
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

SnifferClarke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:24 pm I am too lazy to open another account, do enough damage with William Hill & Sporting Index.

£5 e/w for a bit of fun.

Bristol City would do nicely 😀
Lets all hope your avatar picture is an omen this year sniffer :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Fulham or Sunderland away. Both very winnable.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:10 pm Fulham or Sunderland away. Both very winnable.
They are, and I'll hazard a guess that their fans will be saying the same, especially as it's at home for them.
Hopefully we'll just have the stronger team to go through :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:10 pm Fulham or Sunderland away. Both very winnable.
Obviously more chance at Sunderland, and all that guff from 1973 might just prick the interests of the TV companies.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

IF we do manage to get through, hows about a home tie v the winner of any of these for a place in the SF;
Southampton v Luton Town or Grimsby Town
Stoke City v Brighton & Hove Albion
Ipswich Town or Burnley v Sheffield Wednesday or Fleetwood Town
Leicester City v Blackburn Rovers or Birmingham City
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Madron wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:10 am IF we do manage to get through, hows about a home tie v the winner of any of these for a place in the SF;
Southampton v Luton Town or Grimsby Town
Stoke City v Brighton & Hove Albion
Ipswich Town or Burnley v Sheffield Wednesday or Fleetwood Town
Leicester City v Blackburn Rovers or Birmingham City
We'll have to wait and see who moan utd get , they have first dibs against lower opposition, and at home of course.