Georginio Rutter-

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Georginio Rutter

Post by JoeDenver »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:15 pm Saw this on Twitter.

Has been positive moments where you see the potential.

It doesn't change that he was the wrong player and cost far to much, and it isn't £35mil decent.

But some decent stuff here
Good hold up play
Good link play
Good awareness
Good control

I agree Cjay. Lots to like there. I think for him, it’s just a matter of playing with a lot more consistency, using his size to his advantage, and improving his overall understanding of the game. Ultimately, the game needs to slow down for him as opposed to looking like he’s in a panic. This will take some time, but his future looks bright. I said it before, but I’d personally throw him into the U-21’s to get him more reps in game situations.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:58 pm Who were the many that weren't convinced about it ? Are we talking 49 ers people ? If it was them then it sounds like someone there was sceptical about that transfer so they must have some sort of an idea as to what's good or bad. Maybe on this occasion with the way things were going badly they bowed to Orta`s supposedly better knowledge. Hopefully once bitten twice shy and all that and they wont trust him as easily the next time.
They should have stopped trusting him in the wake of the JKA fiasco.

Could you imagine Orta being around during the Risdale era ? The club would have melted down even quicker than it did.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Did well I felt when he came on (takes a lot of risks messing about in dangerous areas though)

But good run for the goal.

Looked bright.

But something did occur to me.

He has looked miles off being able to play as a Premier League striker.

But OK as a winger against the league leaders yesterday.

Has Orta not only spent far to much on a player whose not ready but also signed another winger when we needed a striker?

That being said I'd start him vs Forest.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

There's a good player there, don't feel he's a natural striker though, definitely a winger or inside forward

Very happy we have him.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:23 pm Did well I felt when he came on (takes a lot of risks messing about in dangerous areas though)

But good run for the goal.

Looked bright.

But something did occur to me.

He has looked miles off being able to play as a Premier League striker.

But OK as a winger against the league leaders yesterday.

Has Orta not only spent far to much on a player whose not ready but also signed another winger when we needed a striker?

That being said I'd start him vs Forest.
Thiery Henry was a winger originally and even as a striker seemed to play almost as a left winger.

Would be very bizarre to have bought another winger, on top of Sinisterra, given that we had a manager that didn't want out and out wingers.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Arsenal

Good
2 dribbles
2 passes
1 won a corner-kick
1 header

Well done young man.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:17 pm Thiery Henry was a winger originally and even as a striker seemed to play almost as a left winger.

Would be very bizarre to have bought another winger, on top of Sinisterra, given that we had a manager that didn't want out and out wingers.
Doesn't look like a lone striker to me, same as Rodrigo.

Isn't really one for leading the line, he drifts to much for that

Joelinton was bought by Newcastle as a striker despite his mediocre record in Hoffenheim.

He is now playing deeper.

Wonder if Rutter may be similar?

Looks more comfortable wide than Central
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

A mystifying signing considering our position, totally baffling
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Tyzy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:08 pm A mystifying signing considering our position, totally baffling
Totally, really what was the rationale behind it? He barely ever starts a game and it's a lot of money just for a bench player.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

He was, rightly so, getting some right grief from those near me when he went to ground so softly.

Utterly embarrassing.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:30 pm He was, rightly so, getting some right grief from those near me when he went to ground so softly.

Utterly embarrassing.
It's immaturity. Can't be too harsh on him. I'm sure Javi will have a word with him about it. Aaronson doesn't fall over as much since Javi got here. Obviously there's been a similar conversation there.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:04 pm
The answer to that is "Victor Orta" :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Not his fault, but if we go down, he'll probably go down as the worst signing in our history.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:57 pm Not his fault, but if we go down, he'll probably go down as the worst signing in our history.
Probably be sold for a cut price quick sale 10m.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Since Javi took charge he has had 115 league minutes in 7 games.

It's clear that Rutter doesn't have his confidence.

Whether Javi is right or wrong you can debate.

But it highlights the ludicrous nature of this type of signing in January.

Not Rutter fault.

The responsibility falls at the feet of Victor Orta for once again putting his own ego above whats best for the club.
Signed

King Cjay

DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:57 pm Since Javi took charge he has had 115 league minutes in 7 games.

It's clear that Rutter doesn't have his confidence.

Whether Javi is right or wrong you can debate.

But it highlights the ludicrous nature of this type of signing in January.

Not Rutter fault.

The responsibility falls at the feet of Victor Orta for once again putting his own ego above whats best for the club.
Not sure how you reach the conclusion that Gracia has no confidence in Rutter. Who does he play instead of ?

It is a squad game, if he comes on and bags a few goals there is an argument to suggest he starts. He is a decent replacement in circumstances where we want to catch teams on the break. Whether he lives up to his transfer fee and flourishes is yet to be determined.

He is a decent option from the bench but on the evidence thus far not a game changer currently. As many have suggested an unusual purchase when we needed someone who is capable of genuinely staking a claim for a starting place.
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Just don't think the guy has been given anything like a fair chance to shine. Cup game here few minutes there when the game is either lost or almost over, can't see how any fair assessment can be made. Whether spending that much money was the correct decision only time will tell, but if you make a record signing, surely you would play him.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:27 pm Not sure how you reach the conclusion that Gracia has no confidence in Rutter. Who does he play instead of ?

It is a squad game, if he comes on and bags a few goals there is an argument to suggest he starts. He is a decent replacement in circumstances where we want to catch teams on the break. Whether he lives up to his transfer fee and flourishes is yet to be determined.

He is a decent option from the bench but on the evidence thus far not a game changer currently. As many have suggested an unusual purchase when we needed someone who is capable of genuinely staking a claim for a starting place.
Wasn't criticising Gracia.

It was widely reported by Bundesliga experts that he was a long way off ready to be playing Premier league football.

Maybe Gracia has seen that hence rarely using him?

But as a fan it's deeply frustrating that our record signing barely gets off the bench except as a last resort.

He's played about half hour in the last 5 games.

Has Aaronson earned so many minutes?
Has Rodrigo since he came back done anything?
Bamford hardly firing on all cylinders?

Could Rutter not be worth a go?
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Georginio dive in the penalty box was embarrassing!