Leeds v Elche friendly - Live on YouTube. 7.15pm

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Elche friendly - Live on YouTube. 7.15pm

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:56 pm Are they in prison? Be good if they were. Probably a French prison in Ypres
They're actually holed up on Death Row in the Franco-Prussian prison which is under the centre of Strasbourg 8-)

Pair of cnuts need a session with Madame Guillotine :)

Robespierre knew what the fookin craic was :ok:

Anyway, it's midnight and Leka Nosht here :)

God bless all :tup: :sleep:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Elche friendly - December 8th

Post by whiteswan »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:04 pm H'mmm you've added a question mark.

Now i really much doubt that Swannie, so i'll ask my own.

Looks like he might have just come out of a brothel ? Pay particular attention to his untied bottoms, now that doesn't suggest to me he's been running around training, more like " Oh s**t is that the time, where's mi trackies luv quick, you'll have to untie yourself or wait till i'm back, i'll give you an extra oner"
I hadn't noticed his dangly bits :shock: :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:43 pm Thought Klich (different class) & the kids did well after a shocking lethargic first-half.
Klich is very much stilll a premier class footballer, Poland missed him big time. First half we were flat I thought and maybe under rated our opponents who were very good on the ball, had beaten WBA last week and very respectable draws this season v Espanyol, Valencia, both away.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:01 am Klich is very much stilll a premier class footballer, Poland missed him big time. First half we were flat I thought and maybe under rated our opponents who were very good on the ball, had beaten WBA last week and very respectable draws this season v Espanyol, Valencia, both away.
I didn't know Elche had played last week, maybe that's the reason why they looked fitter & sharper than us.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

We were very second best in the first half, picked up a bit in the second, when Klich was on, to just about match them but still not noticeably the better team in my opinion. But for Klich’s worldy it would have ended in a tame draw I think.

Oh well a win’s a win I suppose and a trophy to boot (a trophy for winning one game eh? Nice!).

I, like Cjay, am becoming very disenchanted with Marsch’s narrow system. All our football, seemingly, is played within a 20 yard x 50 yard section in the centre of the pitch and therefore all our passes are necessarily short and sharp and have to be executed with extreme accuracy (and controlled instantly by the receiver) because of the lack of space. Everyone of our players seem to have 3 opposition players around them whenever they get the ball. Often when we get ourselves out of a tight situation with some intricate passing you think ok, now spread it out to the wing to relieve the pressure and progress the play but there is never any player to pass it out to. Conversely there is always space for the opposition when they get the ball to pass it wide or over the top.

I was prepared to give this system a chance to prove itself but am becoming increasingly frustrated by it. The fact that it is unattractive would be mitigated if it was effective but from what we’ve witnessed so far it is not even that.