Gutted

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Gutted

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:15 am After loads saying we didn't need to be in the next round of the Carabao Cup as we had too many games it's better to get knocked out, we'll have played another three games due to the stupid timing of the World Cup too. That said, I would have loved to have gone to the Elche game this week but can't afford it.
If the rumour's are true I feel that Harrison will be on his way. Who else is a guessing game but possibly Drameh is another. Gelhardt may go out on loan so there could be a freeing of wages to bring someone else in although who is anybody's guess. Having lost the case against Augustin, maybe the money is destined to go there! Only time will tell.
Crazy isn't it, we surrender the Wolves cup game, now we have arranged three meaningless games for fitness reasons only I guess, maybe to bring in a bit of cash too!

I'm treating the January window with my usual pessimism to avoid the ultimate disappointment.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The Wolves selection was down to JM only, the adding of friendlies by the FO for game fitness is just common sense. I'm sure if we hadn't the narrative here would have been why the hell didn't we arrange some friendlies ... lets not forget the 21's have been off longer

So criticism of the cup game v Wolves is criticism of Marsch... personally I'm ok with what happened there, away cup game at a prem club was always going to favour the home team.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:34 am The Wolves selection was down to JM only, the adding of friendlies by the FO for game fitness is just common sense. I'm sure if we hadn't the narrative here would have been why the hell didn't we arrange some friendlies ... lets not forget the 21's have been off longer

So criticism of the cup game v Wolves is criticism of Marsch... personally I'm ok with what happened there, away cup game at a prem club was always going to favour the home team.
No, all down to our board as Marsch & Bielsa were scared to risk any of their main players for the fear of injury/burnout because we have an inadequate/disjointed squad. We already had Bamford, Sinisterra & Forshaw & a couple of our U21s on the injury list.

Remaining in the Premier League is more imperative than a run in the cups.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:02 am No, all down to our board as Marsch & Bielsa were scared to risk any of their main players for the fear of injury/burnout because we have an inadequate/disjointed squad. We already had Bamford, Sinisterra & Forshaw & a couple of our U21s on the injury list.

Remaining in the Premier League is more imperative than a run in the cups.

Don't agree, team selection is down to JM and JM alone... We have the cover now... Unless you're saying it was likely we could have had 5/6 injuries in that game... There's no one we can't afford to lose. Think like that and you're projecting negativity

We've spent something like 250-300M on players since promotion, the money back for Phillips and Raph is completely irrelevant.

Next man up
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"