Leeds fan, best mate passes away.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Re: Leeds fan, best mate passes away.

Post by Lufcheidi »

Broad Ford wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:14 am A friend for 50 years booked in for chemotherapy in an attempt to cure stage 4 oesophageal (Food pipe).

I'm gutted that he passed away on Saturday on day 11 in hospital. He didn't think he would see Christmas, couldn't swallow any solids at all and generally felt hopeless. We shared a few memories, photos, etc, and I even advised him that the therapy could speed up the end but he didn't seem to fully understand the huge risk. I'm starting to think he was kind of looking forwards to meeting family on the other side, after calmly smiling as he showed me pictures of his parents and young sister long since departed. Was it the pain relief or was it the end he calmly embraced with a smile?

I'm writing this to hopefully receive kind and healing advise from others that know more than me on the subject of bereavement. I'm still feeling a little shocked at his sudden passing at mid 50 and still have things to talk about but now it's too late.

Healing for me is going to be a long road.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry to hear. Having lost my mum at the end of September, it's a really hard thing to go through. With myself I keep bursting into tears as we were really close as a family but I've always said if you need to cry then do. Talking is a big healer and I would say just keep coming on here to get things out of your system if you end up struggling.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:53 pm Thanks to from me.

She was 35

Appreciated
As part of the MOT family, we are here for you & everybody else who are enduring, a distressful, emotional time in their lives.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:10 am Sorry to hear. Having lost my mum at the end of September, it's a really hard thing to go through. With myself I keep bursting into tears as we were really close as a family but I've always said if you need to cry then do. Talking is a big healer and I would say just keep coming on here to get things out of your system if you end up struggling.
Sorry to hear about your mum, Heidi. I still miss my mum, who I lost 18 years ago.

I know you are going through a rough period, keep your spirits up as you always seem to portray.`
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I’ve been away for a few days so missed this post.

So sorry to hear about your best friend Broad Ford and your sister too Cjay. Grieve in silence or talk to others if it helps, cry if you need to, get lost in your memories if you want to, as others have said time is the main healer, though I believe it is important to remember that you only get one chance to live in this World and your friend would wish you to make the most of it.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Post by Lufcheidi »

Cjay wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:53 pm Thanks to from me.

She was 35

Appreciated
Sorry to hear.