Player Ratings v Spurs

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Spurs

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Kristensen
Koch
Cooper
Struijk
Adams
Roca
Gnonto
Aaronson
Summerville
Rodrigo
subs
Greenwood
Ayling
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v Spurs

Post by The Subhuman »

This is likely to be out as it's based on probably the worst streams of the season so far by a distance but based on what I actually did see

Meslier - 5
Kristensen - 8
Struijk - 6.5
Koch - 6
Cooper - 5
Adams - 7.5, point off for the two yellows
Summerville - 8.5
Roca - 8.5
Rodrigo - 9
Aaronson - 9
Gnonto - 7

Greenwood - 7
Ayling - 5
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

What a game of football that was. If you didn't enjoy that you are in the wrong Sport. Compare that with Everton and there million defenders. We were outstanding only undone by a foul and two unfortunate goals.

Meslier 7: I will have to watch the goals back... but was he at fault for any of the first 3? Wanted him to command his box on crosses but when two defenders barge into you its pretty difficult. With his deep voice he needs to speak up alittle.

Kristensen 10: I thought he was excellent throughout. Blocks, tackles, passes, crosses. His most complete performance for me but i did miss Arsenal. Was unlucky that his goal-line clearance comes on the back of Meslier.

Koch 8: Solid game from Robin. He defended well for the most part. We struggled when they dropped off around the edge of the box.

Cooper 6: A poor challenge for one of the goals, a couple of mistakes aswell he looked leggy second half especially. A couple of great interceptions.

Struijk 7: First half he was getting mullered down his side, he looked alittle slow and pedantic at times. Grew into the game and involved in some of the nice intricate passes. You will never find him hugging the touchline ready to cross. The quicker we get a LB the better then he can take over from Cooper.

Adams 10: Ooutstanding performance again he was everywhere. I was thinking the WC may just hold him back abit, i should have known better. He was at the heart of everything we did some really good one touch passes from the team today. I'm not even gonna mark him down for the card. It was a professional foul. We will miss him.

Roca 8: Started off a bit slow but soon got into his rhythm and was controlling things well along with Adams. I would have left him on personally. We never had the control once he left the field.

Gnonto 5: No real impact got bashed about abit. Plenty to come from WG it just wasn't his day. That right side is not settled yet.

Aaronson 7: Struggled to get a foot in the game early on then was his brilliant best for a really good spell before looking out on his feet towards the end.

Summerville 9: Brilliantly taken goal unlucky with his second effort worked like a Trojon, great ball control. He's looking every bit the player we all hoped was in him.

Rodrigo 10: I thought he was brilliant today. He didn't see much of the ball but pulled defenders all over the park worked hard all night and scored two fantastic strikers goals. The first dropping over his shoulder was class.

subs
Greenwood 6: I would have left Roca on personally. It didn't work on the right and we struggled for control and shape when he moved to the middle. He's got a bit of the Klich petulance about him. I think we need to bringing better quality on than Sam. Although i'm glad he's getting his chance.

Ayling 5: The first thing Bill did was get that unlucky deflection. Him replacing Roca unbalanced the side and didn't really offer much. I'm not even sure where he was playing until Rasmus went off.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Meslier 6: made some good saves as usual but didn’t command his area well enough and deliberated when he should have come out of his area at least twice.
Kristensen 7: defensively good and supported our attacks well
Koch 7: solid enough, did most things well.
Cooper 4: poor from Coops, at sixes and sevens for most of the game.
Struijk 6: does a stirling job in a position he’s not really suited to.
Roca 7: decent. So telling that Spurs scored a couple of quick goals as soon as he went off, was that coincidence? I’m not sure.
Adams 7: would have given him a 9, which he probably deserved tbh, but for a daft tackle to get sent off.
Gnonto 6: looked lively but not quite ready to mix it with the big boys - won’t be long though
Aaronson 9: in the midst of everything good from us as usual, never stopped but ran out of steam a bit towards the end, not surprisingly.
Summerville 9: this guy is a real bag of tricks, oozes confidence and great to watch, doesn’t help out defensively much but that’s not his job.
Rodrigo 9: extra points for his 2 beautifully taken goals, is looking sharper with every game.

Subs:
Greenwood 6: they scored 3 goals to our 1 when he was playing, probably not a factor just an observation.
Ayling 5: unlucky for the deflection but I feel his substitution proved to be a wrong call by Marsch.

All in all a cracking game of football Just a shame we didn’t get something out of the game which we thoroughly deserved. Of course, we can thank VAR once again for that.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier 6: needs to spend some time with Robles working on command of his area
Kristensen 7.5: Making a believer out of me. After three games I'd have told you he was hopeless. Not any more
Koch 6.5: Hard to grade a CB any higher when we concede four times.
Cooper 5: Getting harder to understand why he still has the captain's armband
Struijk 7: Beginning to wonder if he just might stay out on the left. I'm also wondering if he and Hjelde me bay our future CB pairing,
Roca 7.5: played very well until he ran out of gas.
Adams 7: two points off for the second yellow
Gnonto 6.5: a little out of his depth, but he's getting there
Aaronson 9: Great, impactful game
Summerville 9: finally found the finisher we've been crying out for
Rodrigo 9: might just have found the #9 we've been crying out for. Paddy may be toast.

Subs:
Greenwood 6.5: not at all the impact I was hoping for, but a creditable performance
Ayling 5.5: Was brought on to see the game out, and we know how that went
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:53 pm Meslier 6: needs to spend some time with Robles working on command of his area
Kristensen 7.5: Making a believer out of me. After three games I'd have told you he was hopeless. Not any more
Koch 6.5: Hard to grade a CB any higher when we concede four times.
Cooper 5: Getting harder to understand why he still has the captain's armband
Struijk 7: Beginning to wonder if he just might stay out on the left. I'm also wondering if he and Hjelde me bay our future CB pairing,
Roca 7.5: played very well until he ran out of gas.
Adams 7: two points off for the second yellow
Gnonto 6.5: a little out of his depth, but he's getting there
Aaronson 9: Great, impactful game
Summerville 9: finally found the finisher we've been crying out for
Rodrigo 9: might just have found the #9 we've been crying out for. Paddy may be toast.

Subs:
Greenwood 6.5: not at all the impact I was hoping for, but a creditable performance
Ayling 5.5: Was brought on to see the game out, and we know how that went
They're both left sided ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 6
Kristensen 7
Koch 6
Cooper 5
Struijk 5
Adams 6
Roca 7
Gnonto 6
Aaronson 7
Summerville 9
Rodrigo 8
subs
Greenwood 6
Ayling 5
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:07 pm They're both left sided ...
Does that really make that much difference for central defenders? In my experience in a position similar to Roca and Adams (at a much, much lower level, obviously), it didn’t really matter to me whether I was slotted in on the left or the right.

For players on the wings the adjustment is much more difficult.

Honestly interested in your opinion, faaip.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:08 pm Does that really make that much difference for central defenders? In my experience in a position similar to Roca and Adams (at a much, much lower level, obviously), it didn’t really matter to me whether I was slotted in on the left or the right.

For players on the wings the adjustment is much more difficult.

Honestly interested in your opinion, faaip.
I think it does tbh, usually attackers will try to get by on the outside which sees the defender wrong footed. If they come in then they're shooting which is block not tackle
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

7 Meslier
8 Kristensen
5 Struijk
8 Koch
5 Cooper - 5
5 Adams
8.5 Summerville
9 Roca