Qatar World Cup 2022. Argentina v France

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Match Thread Qatar World Cup 2022. Argentina v France

Post by Cjay »

Place for all the Qatar World Cup chat.

Screenshot 2022-11-20 13.32.04.png
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Qatar World Cup 2022

Post by Cjay »

Brazil squad been announced.
Most decorated footballer of all time Dani Alves in it aged 39.

Made his International debut 16 years ago

Could partner fellow legend 38 year old Thiago Silva who made his international debut 14 years ago.

233 caps between them.

30 years of international experience.

77 trophies won between them
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

USA to beat England :lol:
Clueless Yank
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: PhilipVU94

Post by Clueless Yank »

Cjay wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:51 pm Brazil squad been announced.
Allison, Ederson, Weverton... and Richarlison

I usually cheer for Brasil as my second national team. I will forever find it funny that not-quite-English last names as first names have been prevalent there for like 80 years, at least since Edson de Nascimento (aka Pelé). Also love that there are four of the -son/-ton guys and three of them are GK.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:53 pm USA to beat England :lol:
Probably :lol:

Got some decent players.

Tyler Adams, Weston Mckennie, Gio Reyna, Sergino Dest, Christian Pulisic, Yunus Musah, Timothy Weah, Brenden Aaronson.

All playing at top European level (probably others).
Signed

King Cjay

Clueless Yank
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: PhilipVU94

Post by Clueless Yank »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:53 pm USA to beat England :lol:

I hope we were just "playing possum" in the September USA friendlies, because those were brutal. No one in the group is really coming in at top form, although I guess Iran hasn't been too terrible in friendlies.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

I wondered who would break WC cover first :duno: ………….my money was on you Cjay :)

I’m assuming you have one of your complex tournament comps in the formulation/refinement process at this very moment.

Was talking to a guy from work this afternoon and he’s just booked the week off to take in a package for the first two Wales games (US and Iran - obviously disappointed not the England game) together with flights and accommodation. Apparently, all Welsh fans together in a block.

As I said to him a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity for him, given the abject Welsh record of WC qualification 😀
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:02 pm I wondered who would break WC cover first :duno: ………….my money was on you Cjay :)

I’m assuming you have one of your complex tournament comps in the formulation/refinement process at this very moment.

Was talking to a guy from work this afternoon and he’s just booked the week off to take in a package for the first two Wales games (US and Iran - obviously disappointed not the England game) together with flights and accommodation. Apparently, all Welsh fans together in a block.

As I said to him a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity for him, given the abject Welsh record of WC qualification 😀
You mean like the one you won Cat :)

The most complicated competition in MOTforum history :lol:

https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... f8011cb0c1

Was a bloody nightmare :lol:

I suppose if there was interest it could be resurrected for 1 more international tournament :twisted:

Must be a ton of cash in Wales then :roflmao:

Must have cost them a fortune
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clueless Yank wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:00 pm Allison, Ederson, Weverton... and Richarlison

I usually cheer for Brasil as my second national team. I will forever find it funny that not-quite-English last names as first names have been prevalent there for like 80 years, at least since Edson de Nascimento (aka Pelé). Also love that there are four of the -son/-ton guys and three of them are GK.
Not forgetting of course

Givanildo Vieira de Sousa . . . . . Known as Hulk :)
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

No huge interest, the issued surrounding Qatar have been a bit of a turn off. Will probably root for the USA given all the Leeds players on their squad.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:02 pm I wondered who would break WC cover first :duno: ………….my money was on you Cjay :)

I'll be posting up the World Cup competition in the next few days :lol:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

England to beat Iran
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:20 pm I'll be posting up the World Cup competition in the next few days :lol:
Good man 👍
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Hope Southgate can force himself to break with past performances and pick the team on form alone. This way there is no
way that waste of space Maguire will be in contention for a place in the back 4. There are plenty of alternatives that are more than capable of doing a good job for England. Somehow I have a sinking feeling that Maguire will feature. Lets hope not....
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Musicman1965 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:18 pm Hope Southgate can force himself to break with past performances and pick the team on form alone. This way there is no
way that waste of space Maguire will be in contention for a place in the back 4. There are plenty of alternatives that are more than capable of doing a good job for England. Somehow I have a sinking feeling that Maguire will feature. Lets hope not....
My sentiments exactly
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Will Kalvin Phillips make it?

I kinda hope he does...and Tyler Adams destroys him. But that's me, I'm petty...
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Kalvin’s on Monday Night Club on BBC Radio 5Live at the moment.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Mountain wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:42 pm Will Kalvin Phillips make it?

I kinda hope he does...and Tyler Adams destroys him. But that's me, I'm petty...
seems unlikely. but you never know with Southgate
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

When is England squad announced?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'm looking forward to the World Cup, it's a distraction from my beloved Leeds and hopefully will give time for our unfit players to become fit. Don't really hold out much hope for England mind, but will be looking out for the USA :)