What is the point of 49ers Enterprises?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

What is the point of 49ers Enterprises?

Post by Cjay »

Simple as that.

Been here 4 years.

Hoovered up a minority ownership.

Never invested capital (twitter talk they can only invest what Radz does but absolutely no evidence of that).

Hardly ever hear from them.

Have shown no interest in taking a majority ownership despite having the option (even Phil Hay has recently expressed confusion about there intentions).

Was talk they would help with the stadium, hasn't progressed in any way.

The commercial benefits have been largely non existant.

Genuinely interested in what they bring to the table?

We've nearly been relegated once and are struggling again, not a peep from them.

Lowy comes to watch occasionally, doesn't seem to serve any purpose either.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: What is the point of 49ers Enterprises?

Post by Leeds1000 »

We have got Marsch, Adams & Aronson and they haven't spent a penny.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

They can only match what Radz puts in, that's very well known.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:44 pm We have got Marsch, Adams & Aronson and they haven't spent a penny.
They paid for Bielsa and Orta wanted Marsch.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:27 pm Simple as that.

Been here 4 years.

Hoovered up a minority ownership.

Never invested capital (twitter talk they can only invest what Radz does but absolutely no evidence of that).

Hardly ever hear from them.

Have shown no interest in taking a majority ownership despite having the option (even Phil Hay has recently expressed confusion about there intentions).

Was talk they would help with the stadium, hasn't progressed in any way.

The commercial benefits have been largely non existant.

Genuinely interested in what they bring to the table?

We've nearly been relegated once and are struggling again, not a peep from them.

Lowy comes to watch occasionally, doesn't seem to serve any purpose either.
Aren't we going San Francisco? That's a commercial benefit.

Lack of ambition is down to the 3 stooges trying to maximise their profits and pocket the sky money. I guarantee you things will change once they buy us (if, providing Radz doesn't refuse).
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:47 pm They can only match what Radz puts in, that's very well known.
Actually it's a twitter rumour that was started by MOTLeedsNews with an "exclusive"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/motleedsne ... ani/%3famp

:lol:

It's a rumour
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:50 pm Aren't we going San Francisco? That's a commercial benefit.

Lack of ambition is down to the 3 stooges trying to maximise their profits and pocket the sky money. I guarantee you things will change once they buy us (if, providing Radz doesn't refuse).
Nope, not been announced or anything, was just an idea Phil Hay has seen floated at the club.

They've provided nothing of note in 4 years aside from buying shares which Radz then invested into the club.

Any sign of American sponsors?nope

Any sign of a dramatic increase in our American fanbase? Nope

Any sign of there commercial expertise providing a boost to our finances?nope
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:59 pm Any sign of American sponsors?nope

Any sign of a dramatic increase in our American fanbase? Nope
Our fans would go into meltdown :lol:

Yes actually. We replaced one of the greedy 6 on American TV and I saw an article that said we'd made inroads. Let me try and find it.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:59 pmAny sign of there commercial expertise providing a boost to our finances?nope
https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/san ... er-league/
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Something I suppose after 4 years :lol:

To run us on commercial income alone without significant ownership investment (which none of the Venture Capital owned clubs provide even Liverpool) won't ever amount to much.

If they want the club why are they waiting till 2024?

Why not buy us when we were 9th?

I know you want Radz out (I do to) but I definitely can't see any reason to expect much improvement if any from them.

They've sat on there hands for 4 years

They've never publicly expressed an interest in majority ownership

They've never set out a business plan.

That tit who runs them just said "oh I take it day by day" then referred to us as an "organisation" :sick:
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:16 pm Something I suppose after 4 years :lol:

To run us on commercial income alone without significant ownership investment (which none of the Venture Capital owned clubs provide even Liverpool) won't ever amount to much.

I know you want Radz out (I do to) but I definitely can't see any reason to expect much improvement if any from them.

It's because Radz is stopping it going ahead, but tbh it feels like the tide is starting to turn and he's on his way out now. I think during the WC it'll happen, so we can spend in January. I think Radz thought we'd be guaranteed top ten last season and when we stayed up by the skin of his teeth, he realised he can't chance it anymore. Imo he'd be very stupid to try and cling on and spend nothing in January again.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:16 pm Something I suppose after 4 years :lol:

That tit who runs them just said "oh I take it day by day" then referred to us as an "organisation" :sick:
Tbh I have no issues with Leeds being self sufficient, that's how football should be run rather than relying on sugar daddies. Plus the new ffp rules will make a Citeh/Chelski scenario virtually impossible.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:22 pm It's because Radz is stopping it going ahead, but tbh it feels like the tide is starting to turn and he's on his way out now. I think during the WC it'll happen, so we can spend in January. I think Radz thought we'd be guaranteed top ten last season and when we stayed up by the skin of his teeth, he realised he can't chance it anymore. Imo he'd be very stupid to try and cling on and spend nothing in January again.
I'm utterly convinced they won't take majority ownership.

How do you sell it to the likely dozens of faceless investors? Potentially hundreds of them.

Where is the return on a £400mil investment plus any other round of capital raising they will need to do?

It's just not a sensible investment.

I know venture capital funds take risks on distressed sellers and startups within areas of high potential return but that level of return even in football is very rare.

Less than a handful of £500+mil football club takeovers have ever happened
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:23 pm Tbh I have no issues with Leeds being self sufficient, that's how football should be run rather than relying on sugar daddies. Plus the new ffp rules will make a Citeh/Chelski scenario virtually impossible.
Then we may as well stick with Radz
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:30 pm I'm utterly convinced they won't take majority ownership.

How do you sell it to the likely dozens of faceless investors? Potentially hundreds of them.

Where is the return on a £400mil investment plus any other round of capital raising they will need to do?

It's just not a sensible investment.

I know venture capital funds take risks on distressed sellers and startups within areas of high potential return but that level of return even in football is very rare.

Less than a handful of £500+mil football club takeovers have ever happened
Makes no sense to me why they'd buy all these shares and talk up all these ideas about the stadium and training ground if they have no intention to buy us?

I know as Leeds fans we can't trust owners easily, but it makes no sense to me. The NFL is the most well run sports league in the world. These guys are proper businessmen who can see and harness our commercial potential, not smalltime owners we've had before.

It won't be like Newcastle saudi money, but more growing us as a club and making us self sufficient with huge income streams. If they wanted to sponge off us, the NFL club make far more money lol.

I get people are worried because of the Glazers, but it's nothing like that. They didn't have the money to buy scum and so built up a debt.

The times they are a changing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:30 pm Then we may as well stick with Radz
Lol and have no money?

Sounds like you just want to become a sportswashing vehicle?

Football is completely unsustainable in its current guise, with top flight clubs losing over £100ms a season.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:37 pm Makes no sense to me why they'd buy all these shares and talk up all these ideas about the stadium and training ground if they have no intention to buy us?

I know as Leeds fans we can't trust owners easily, but it makes no sense to me. The NFL is the most well run sports league in the world. These guys are proper businessmen who can see and harness our commercial potential, not smalltime owners we've had before.

It won't be like Newcastle saudi money, but more growing us as a club and making us self sufficient with huge income streams. If they wanted to sponge off us, the NFL club make far more money lol.

I get people are worried because of the Glazers, but it's nothing like that. They didn't have the money to buy scum and so built up a debt.

The times they are a changing.
They took a relatively small risk for the potential of a much larger return if the club was promoted.

That is what venture capital funds do.

Now we are promoted they will likely double there investment if they sell there share, job done.

You didn't answer how they can possibly hope to make a significant profit if they complete the rest of there £400mil takeover?

Where is the return?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:39 pm Lol and have no money?

Sounds like you just want to become a sportswashing vehicle?

Football is completely unsustainable in its current guise, with top flight clubs losing over £100ms a season.
I believe there are much better options out there for us.

Refuse to believe teams like Villa can get there owners in The Championship and we can only hope for Venture Capital funds.

Won't believe that.

Football is broken I agree but for the moment it is what it is.
Signed

King Cjay

Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:23 pm Tbh I have no issues with Leeds being self sufficient, that's how football should be run rather than relying on sugar daddies. Plus the new ffp rules will make a Citeh/Chelski scenario virtually impossible.
Quite right SG90, that is surely how football should be run. But I have little faith in the football authorities, in the form of new ffp rules, being able to stand up to the likes of Citeh/Chelski/Manure/Newcastle owners, they’’re powerful enough, clever enough and have enough cunning to ignore, counter and generally make mincemeat of any such rules.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Made this point before but will reiterate once more.

£400mil is the amount 49ers Enterprises would have invested to acquire LIFC if they did.

Radz has already said it will cost over £100m to do the stadium and they are looking for investors.

So that is now £500mil project for a start.

The club can't financially service a debt of over £100mil anyway so that is a dream.

But £500m invested in LUFC hypothetically.

There have been 4 I think it is Football takeovers of over that figure in history.

Chelsea, Arsenal, AC Milan and Manchester United.

4 far far more commercially bigger clubs with far more success and income.

To grow LUFC into a club able to be worth a sum upwards of that would take much more than a rise in outside sales and whatnot, it would take internal ownership investment to raise the clubs standing in the football world, basically we need to be more successful on the pitch.

That is even more money the 49ers Enterprises bosses have to convince there investors to cough up whilst acknowledging they are competing in a League full of billionaires who plow hundreds of millions into there clubs chasing the dream and that its very possible the club will never be able to reach the level they need.

And then you are now looking to create a club probably worth £750mil+ just to get any sort of return.

And that is now a top 3 Football takeover ever.

It just isn't in my admittedly very limited knowl4 opinion viable.

I just don't see how they sell it to there investors.

Whereas now whilst in the Premier League they can probably make a pretty decent profit selling there 44%.

Why take a much larger risk?
Signed

King Cjay