What is the point of 49ers Enterprises?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: What is the point of 49ers Enterprises?

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:47 pm Maybe Liverpool fans are ungrateful but doesn't alter the fact that both those teams have managed to make that type of takeover work to a degree because of revenue streams the like of which we can only dream of.

Same as Arsenal.

Teams that don't?

You won't find a single successful takeover of that nature that has seen progress.
Leeds are big enough to be self sustainable. I think our commercial income was 7th in 20/21 accounts. Now imagine how much better it would be under the 49ers with their reach and contacts? We don't need some sugar daddy ploughing money in.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:48 pm If it turns out we have some sort of super consortium of billionaires like Chelsea then I will eat humble pie.

But I bet we don't.
I think that is the next next step.

Eg Liverpool.
They will be flipped soon for 10 times what FSG paid for them.
In the meantime they gave enjoyed success they hadnt seen in decades.
They wouldn't be worth 5B if FSG hadn't invested in them.

That is the Leeds potential.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Arsenal had to be patient. While Wenger lifted them up by the bootstraps they understood that infrastructure would underpin any long term expression of power. So they have had to sit tight while the Emirates was built and them find the right set of circumstances to build the squad to make them compete for the league.

Whoever owns us will know bums on seats makes the difference long term. But we won't see a 55k stadium filled without a better than average side.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:55 pm I think that is the next next step.

Eg Liverpool.

This :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:47 pm We all said the same 12 months ago and he did sweet fa. I don't think he'll do anything this time around either except get his prayer mat out every day and hope for the best . If our kids keep bailing us out he'll be the happiest man on earth come the summer and it will have paid off for him.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
It's why they want to buy before January. They know we can't afford to chance it again and have to spend. It's a lot stronger than last year. There's no gimme like Norwich this time.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:50 pm Leeds are big enough to be self sustainable. I think our commercial income was 7th in 20/21 accounts. Now imagine how much better it would be under the 49ers with their reach and contacts? We don't need some sugar daddy ploughing money in.
12th.

Behind Wolves, Villa, Everton, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Manure, Liverpool. Leicester and West Ham and likely add Newcastle now id imagine.

Of the non elite.

Villa, Everton, West Ham, will see and have seen significant owner investment.

Newcastle owners invested another £70mil the other day.

We are in a League full of billionaires.

Self sustaining and successful (not bottom half) is not happening.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:55 pm I think that is the next next step.

Eg Liverpool.

The league has changed immensely since FSG got Liverpool.

It is full of majority billionaire owned clubs who think nothing of investing tens of millions of pounds

The phrase knife to gun fight comes to mind.

FSG maybe got in at the right time and now they are getting out.

We have immense potential but to achieve it we need significant investment imo.

Massive investment.

Running us on our commercial stream and sales and growing the club is a pipe dream.

Radz tried it, 49ers may bring in a but of extra sponsorship but enough to plug the financial gap between us and many in this league? Unlikely.

Unless 49ers Enterprises have significant money to invest into the club (and buck the venture capital trend) I don't see how we can possibly hope to achieve the growth we all hope for.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:25 pm 12th.

Behind Wolves, Villa, Everton, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Manure, Liverpool. Leicester and West Ham and likely add Newcastle now id imagine.

Of the non elite.

Villa, Everton, West Ham, will see and have seen significant owner investment.

Newcastle owners invested another £70mil the other day.

We are in a League full of billionaires.

Self sustaining and successful (not bottom half) is not happening.
Nah it was definitely better than Villa, Newcastle, Leicester and Everton.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:33 pm Nah it was definitely better than Villa, Newcastle, Leicester and Everton.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cons ... st-revenue

Nope

Newcastle now will be above us.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:33 pm Nah it was definitely better than Villa, Newcastle, Leicester and Everton.
The league is full of clubs that try to be self sustaining.

None of them are successful in terms of trophies.

It's the ultimate pipe dream
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

FQCr2-BXEAEyjLm.jpeg
Ok was slightly below Everton and Leicester. Without European football, I expect Leicester's to drop significantly.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:38 pm https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cons ... st-revenue

Nope

They'll probably use fake "sponsors" like Citeh do. I already see Arabic advertising on the boards.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Leicester's high commercial is due to the owners' "sponsorship" of the shirt for a very high level.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:38 pm https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cons ... st-revenue

Nope

That's not commercial revenue though. The one I posted puts us 9th and Leicester were heavily boosted by the owners sponsoring them.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:46 pm FQCr2-BXEAEyjLm.jpeg

Ok was slightly below Everton and Leicester. Without European football, I expect Leicester's to drop significantly.
In terms of total income still miles off.

It took Tottenham years in a far different league to achieve what they have with a similar model.

Liverpool as well.

The rest?

Palace, Burnley, Southampton etc.

That is the limit of that sort of model in this league.

Never going to convince me that a self sustaining model will be successful in this league anymore.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:50 pm That's not commercial revenue though. The one I posted puts us 9th and Leicester were heavily boosted by the owners sponsoring them.
In this league if you want trophies or top half finishes you need sugar daddy money.

You won't make it without.

Simple as that.

Do you only want us to be fighting for 11th or 12th at best?

You won't find 1 single club that is truly self sustaining and seen significant growth which hasn't either got top level revenue like Liverpool or significant owner investment like Brighton.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:52 pm In terms of total income still miles off.

It took Tottenham years in a far different league to achieve what they have with a similar model.

Liverpool as well.

The rest?

Palace, Burnley, Southampton etc.

That is the limit of that sort of model in this league.

Never going to convince me that a self sustaining model will be successful in this league anymore.
That was our first season back. A generation of fans hasn't seen us in the PL, and we've missed out so much because of it. With more growth in America and Asia, the commercial income will be a lot higher now. But 49ers can improve much further.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:57 pm That was our first season back. A generation of fans hasn't seen us in the PL, and we've missed out so much because of it. With more growth in America and Asia, the commercial income will be a lot higher now. But 49ers can improve much further.
The clubs that make the most money commercially are also the clubs that have the most success which attracts fans from abroad.

How do we attract all these millions of fans we would need whilst not being a top 7 club?

Your not going to suddenly find 5million Americans who love Leeds whilst they are 15th.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:59 pm The clubs that make the most money commercially are also the clubs that have the most success which attracts fans from abroad.

How do we attract all these millions of fans we would need whilst not being a top 7 club?

Your not going to suddenly find 5million Americans who love Leeds whilst they are 15th.
49ers won't be happy with 15th though. The 3 stooges would be ecstatic.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:00 am 49ers won't be happy with 15th though. The 3 stooges would be ecstatic.
And to progress from 15th you need significant investment is my point all along :lol:

They may not be happy but fact is this is a league where money is king.

Teams with it finish highest and teams that have the least don't.

Hence why the Southamptons and Palace's are where they have always been.

There has to be a financial boost to bring the club up to a position where it could attract the tens of millions in sponsorship and fan sales it would need to sustain.

The great and the good of wealthy American companies aren't sponsoring for tons of cash a 15th placed side and you aren't attracting millions of American fans to one either.

You need money first and on a vast vast scale.

And venture capital funds fundamentally don't do that.
Signed

King Cjay