The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 27th September) Orta's going nowhere

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 27th September) Orta's going nowhere

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 27th September, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Orta's going nowhere

Sky Sports journalist Tim Thornton has indicated that Leeds are not concerned about recent speculation linking Victor Orta with a move to Stamford Bridge. The Spaniard is understood to be on the Blues shortlist of Sporting Director's, as they prepare for the January transfer window. Radrizzani and Orta have a close working relationship. Radz bought him to Elland Road just days after completing the 100% buyout of the club, and maintain a strong friendship. The fact that Leeds are 'calm about the situation' indicates that Orta isn't likely to leave Elland Road anytime soon. According to Thornton...

When you’re somebody who’s got a good track record and you’ve done well, then you will attract interest from elsewhere. But I think Leeds are quite calm about the situation. Victor has been a big part of what Leeds have achieved over the last sort of few years.

Gnonto excites Leeds faithful

Wilfred Gnonto picked up his sixth International cap for Italy last night, as Roberto Mancini's men ran out 2-0 victors over Hungary. At 18yo, Gnonto possesses the maturity of a much older player and executes the high press - high turnover tactic effortlessly; which will stand him in good stead for his Elland Road future. Although it's still very much early days, we can safely assume Leeds have picked up a bargain. Where does this leave Joffy and Greenwood? Not only are they two years older than Gnonto, but the duo could be pushed further down the pecking order.

Pulisic asking price may deter Leeds approach

Leeds have once again been linked with a move for versatile midfielder Christian Pulisic. The £58m flop had slipped down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge and currently occupies the bottom place (20th) in the Whoscored rankings, with a measly rating of 6.07. Italian media outlet CalcioMercato have suggested that Leeds are one of four teams (along with Juventus, Borussia Dortmund and Newcastle United) that are keen to rescue the USA International from his Chelsea nightmare. Even though out of favour, it has been reported, that Chelsea will still demand a fee in the region of £31.5m, which may put prospective suitors off; yet Jesse Marsch remains a big fan...

Christian [Pulisic] is a big, big talent, the best in our country. The expectations on him are high, he has met a lot of those expectations. But with his talent, people are demanding more. Every time I’ve coached against him, he’s scored. I don’t have any negative criticisms. I would love to work with him, whether it is with the national team in the distant future. He has created a lot of firsts for American players.

Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 27th September) Orta's going nowhere

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Perhaps we could do a straight swap with Chelski, Orta for Pulisic - job done!

Gnonto has still got a lot to prove as far as I’m concerned notwithstanding the fact that he is a full Italian international. Until he proves himself at Leeds then I’m not going to get too carried away.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Gnonto seems more of a 10 than an out and out striker to me and the fact that we have Aaronson, Joffy and Greenwood all vying for that position means it will be tough to get game time this season.
On the plus side, Italy are not in the World Cup so he can afford to be patient.
He looks good but there's no getting away from the fact he was our third choice striker in the transfer window.
I think he needs to prove himself in the U23's for a few games in the same way Perkins and Joseph are doing.

Pulisic can hardly be described as a flop. He may have fallen down the pecking order with Tuchel but its a fresh start with Potter and there's no doubting his quality. I'd love us to sign him, he's got a good scoring record for a midfielder.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Won't it be great when we have a game to discuss?

5 days and counting
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:36 am Won't it be great when we have a game to discuss?

5 days and counting
You're not wrong there Ian!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Will be nice to have the return of discussion on here to be honest.

Even when Leeds matches are in full swing, we have many members on here who hardly utter a single word :shock:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:39 am Perhaps we could do a straight swap with Chelski, Orta for Pulisic - job done!

Gnonto has still got a lot to prove as far as I’m concerned notwithstanding the fact that he is a full Italian international. Until he proves himself at Leeds then I’m not going to get too carried away.
Is Pulisic a good scout then?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Inter season break
6 games
Mid season break
6 games
Mid season break
Christmas
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:14 am Gnonto seems more of a 10 than an out and out striker to me and the fact that we have Aaronson, Joffy and Greenwood all vying for that position means it will be tough to get game time this season.
On the plus side, Italy are not in the World Cup so he can afford to be patient.
He looks good but there's no getting away from the fact he was our third choice striker in the transfer window.
I think he needs to prove himself in the U23's for a few games in the same way Perkins and Joseph are doing.

Pulisic can hardly be described as a flop. He may have fallen down the pecking order with Tuchel but its a fresh start with Potter and there's no doubting his quality. I'd love us to sign him, he's got a good scoring record for a midfielder.
Gnonto will give us the pace & the clever running off the ball we lack going forward.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good news re Orta though
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:19 am Inter season break
6 games
Mid season break
6 games
Mid season break
Christmas
Annoying eh?

May benefit us though.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:22 am Good news re Orta though
Brought in some good forward players over the last two years.

You know me and b***k/c*****ed players 8-)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:21 am Gnonto will give us the pace & the clever running off the ball we lack going forward.
Maybe so but we have others that also do that. If he's been bought as a forward, is he going to get in ahead of Bamford? No, in my opinion. So where is he likely to play and who's place does he take in the first team?
Only likely to be used as an impact sub at the moment in the same way Joffy and Greenwood are.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:21 am Maybe so but we have others that also do that. If he's been bought as a forward, is he going to get in ahead of Bamford? No, in my opinion. So where is he likely to play and who's place does he take in the first team?
Only likely to be used as an impact sub at the moment in the same way Joffy and Greenwood are.
Bamford to start vs Villa, wouldn't be surprised if Rodrigo will be back in the line-up too.

Joe or Gnonto used as subs if required.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Joffy and Greenwood are no where near being part of the international squad so for me Gnonto is in front of the queue
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:22 am Good news re Orta though
Grenade :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:16 am Will be nice to have the return of discussion on here to be honest.

A lot of off topic waffle on here at the mo :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:29 am Bamford to start vs Villa, wouldn't be surprised if Rodrigo will be back in the line-up too.

Joe or Gnonto used as subs if required.
If Rodrigo and Bamford starts then one of Harrison, Aaronson or Sinisterra doesn’t

A problem we wanted last season, we have good depth now
Last edited by The Subhuman on Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:28 pm Grenade :)
Nope
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Its always good to see stability behind the scenes and evidence of succession planning.

Perkins has scored in every game he has played in this season which is quite a feat.

So now we gave Gnonto, Perkins, Joffy, Greenwood, Joseph and possibly Allen all pushing for the 9 and 10 spots in the next three seasons.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa