The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 12th September) AC Milan plot Sinisterra capture

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 12th September) AC Milan plot Sinisterra capture

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Monday 12th September, and these are the latest headline from Elland Road...

AC Milan plot Sinisterra capture

Various media outlets are reporting that Luis Sinisterra has already caught the eye of Italian giants AC Milan. The £21.4m Summer signing has already proved that stepping up from the Eredivisie League to be no problem, having already netted twice in 180 minutes of game time. Milan are looking for a possible replacement for Rafael Leao, who was strongly linked with a move to Stamford Bridge in the Summer. Although no deal could be reached, it is expected that the Blues will try again in January. With goals hard to come by in recent times, Leeds will (hopefully) be desperate to keep hold of the Columbian International. Leeds missed out on Charles de Ketelaere, opting to secure a move to the San Siro; it would be a slap in the face if Milan pinched Sinisterra.

Gnonto could end up being the bargain of the Summer

Former Striker, now Ambassador for the Leeds Utd Foundation (LUFC's Community Charity) Noel Whelan has spoken of his excitement following the signing of 18yo Italian International forward Wilfried Gnonto. The former Inter Milan Academy player penned a five-year deal at Elland Road, in the dying minutes of the transfer window, becoming their ninth and final Summer signing. While Jesse Marsch has been careful not to heap too much pressure on Gnonto, labelling him a long term project, Whelan believes he could end up being the bargain of the season.

The fact that he’s a full Italy international just shows how highly he’s rated. Leeds United went in for him, he’s 18 years old – it seems like he could be a real bargain, perhaps even the bargain of the season. From what people are saying on the training ground, he’s very bright, lively, strong, quick. He could be good value for a few goals in the first team this season.

Leeds make top 20 most valuable clubs in the World

Forbes, the American business magazine, famed for their rich and famous lists, have placed Leeds in the top 20 most valuable football clubs in the world. The Whites sit in 19th place, with an estimated worth of $800m (£690m), just ahead of Aston Villa in 20th, but directly behind Everton, Leicester City and West Ham United who occupy 16th, 17th and 18th respectively.

Spanish giants Real Madrid have been named as the world's most valuable football club, with a valuation of $5.1billion (£4.6billion), just ahead of Barcelona, with Manchester United third on $4.6 billion (£4 billion). Liverpool pip Manchester City to fourth place £3.87 billion - £3.86 billion).

Interestingly, Leeds were only one of six teams to have no debt value alongside Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Chelsea, Borussia Dortmund and Aston Villa.

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 12th September) AC Milan plot Sinisterra capture

Post by Jaydog »

Frank has only been here 5 minutes. Is that the shortest time ever that a player has been at a club before someone tries to thieve him.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 12th September) AC Milan plot Sinisterra capture

Post by Chilli D »

Sinisterra being lined up by AC Milan after we have literally just signed him - laughable really.
He looks a steal at 21 million, very impressed with him so far. He ain't going anywhere for at least two seasons I reckon.
It remains to be seen how good Gnonto is or could be. Will he get his first team chance this season? And if he does and impresses, where does that leave Gelhardt?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:02 am Frank has only been here 5 minutes. Is that the shortest time ever that a player has been at a club before someone tries to thieve him.
If Sinisterra continues like he has started (not even match-fit yet), his tenure at Leeds won't be long, Jay. I reckon two seasons maximum, may go next summer.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:29 am If Sinisterra continues like he has started (not even match-fit yet), his tenure at Leeds won't be long, Jay. I reckon two seasons maximum, may go next summer.
At a big profit I’d say. But to be having that conversation now is depressing.
Milan can f**k off.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:03 am
It remains to be seen how good Gnonto is or could be. Will he get his first team chance this season? And if he does and impresses, where does that leave Gelhardt?
Or Perkins, or Fernandez for that matter!

If it’s true (a big if), hopefully we’ll see that we are in the driving seat with regard to Sinisterra and are not going to be forced to let him go for a cut price as I believe we did with Raphinha. If he gets his head turned and it may be the case as it seems we are well down the pecking order these days, then we really need to make sure it’s worthwhile financially for Leeds United.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Let’s get Gnonto out there and see if he’s any good. Everyone Is good on paper. If he’s a bigger bargain than Frank then happy days
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Lots of Liverpool fans at work laughing at the 5-2 spanking by Brentford. I informed them that Leeds United are going nowhere fast with just PL survival the objective. Whilst Liverpool, Chelsea and the citizens look forward to the Champions League Leeds United cash in their assets to bigger clubs and with each sale goes any hope of glory amongst Europe's finest.

It's too early to cash in Sinisterra. He needs to perform on the ER catwalk for a few seasons where his value steadily increases, along with MOTM performances and winning goals. Then will cometh the inevitable ka-ching! Business is business at ER where Radz and the board won't be complaining at the ER brand showing healthy books with no debts.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:43 am At a big profit I’d say. But to be having that conversation now is depressing.
Milan can f**k off.
That's Leeds for you right now mate, as applies to the quality players at the majority of PL clubs at the lower end of the table. We are not a big club any longer, we could have been had it not been for the reckless management of Ridsdale & the countless other owners that followed who did the utmost to drive our club into the ground.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:44 am Or Perkins, or Fernandez for that matter!

If it’s true (a big if), hopefully we’ll see that we are in the driving seat with regard to Sinisterra and are not going to be forced to let him go for a cut price as I believe we did with Raphinha. If he gets his head turned and it may be the case as it seems we are well down the pecking order these days, then we really need to make sure it’s worthwhile financially for Leeds United.
I'd fancy Gnonto ahead of Perkins/Fernandez as he has played at a much higher level than the other two kids.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Radz will be rubbing his hands with glee about cashing in. We should only look to sell for treble what we paid, so £60m+. No excuses for selling on the cheap. It would be almost impossible to replace him.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:30 am I'd fancy Gnonto ahead of Perkins/Fernandez as he has played at a much higher level than the other two kids.
We signed Perkins to get promoted to PL2. He won't play for Leeds first team.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:08 pm We signed Perkins to get promoted to PL2. He won't play for Leeds first team.
Perkins & Fernandez may make the bench in cup games or if we endure serious injuries to our main forwards. Bamford, Gelhardt, Rodrigo, Greenwood & possibly Gnonto all in front of the pair as it stands now.
Henryv
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Henryv »

Why do clubs, up to their neck in debt, want to buy our players?
AC Milan are over £600 million in debt as I type.
How do they get away with it??? :chair: :chair:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:43 am At a big profit I’d say. But to be having that conversation now is depressing.
Milan can f**k off.
I don't understand why some folk on here are always going on about who'll be leaving us, when, for how much and where to. They are our players right now. Why not just enjoy them instead of bemoaning when (IF) they're gonna leave us :dun:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:44 pm I don't understand why some folk on here are always going on about who'll be leaving us, when, for how much and where to. They are our players right now. Why not just enjoy them instead of bemoaning when (IF) they're gonna leave us :dun:
If Frank goes it would be a shame. The best is yet to come. We’d be like strangers in the night really although it was a very good year. Ah well that’s life 😀
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:44 pm I don't understand why some folk on here are always going on about who'll be leaving us, when, for how much and where to. They are our players right now. Why not just enjoy them instead of bemoaning when (IF) they're gonna leave us :dun:
Well I have high hopes he stays
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:58 pm If Frank goes it would be a shame. The best is yet to come. We’d be like strangers in the night really although it was a very good year. Ah well that’s life 😀
I saw what you did there.... :)

Very clever Jay....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:12 am Well I have high hopes he stays
Everyone should have faaip, seeing as he's only just arrived!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:09 pm I saw what you did there.... :)

Very clever Jay....
Took me all day Swannie but I did it my way :whistle: