What is the point in persevering with Victor Orta?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: What is the point in persevering with Victor Orta?

Post by Overman »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:57 pm Would Leeds be Premier League without Radz and Orta?

Seeing we had over a decade of calamity I suggest not.

People only think Orta presides over transfers which is delusional.

The man was being realistic in his appraisal but lets not realism get in the way of a good gurn.
Charlie white Cellino, you could well say it was down him.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:57 pm Would Leeds be Premier League without Radz and Orta?

Seeing we had over a decade of calamity I suggest not.

People only think Orta presides over transfers which is delusional.

The man was being realistic in his appraisal but lets not realism get in the way of a good gurn.
Would we be in the PL if Burnley didn't bottle it? 🤔
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:48 pm Would we be in the PL if Burnley didn't bottle it? 🤔
Well you tell me v
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:31 pm Well you tell me v
Well the answer is no obviously. And that's a fact, not an opinion.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

84 signings!

Even i'm gobsmacked.

Bert came and did everything, end of, take Bert out the equation and 100% Leeds are still in the Championship and Radz 5 year dream has become a nightmare, he's rapidly out of money and the 49er's are nowhere to be seen.

But Orta with his gift of the gab turns round to Radz and says ' i think i've found a gem in Ibiza, i just need 20k to go get him.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Feel I need to sprinkle a little Orta appreciation on all this negativity

Knock every transfer that didn't work out. They're small costs compared to the gains we've made

Financially look at: Raphinha, Harrison, Meslier, Strujik, Gelhardt, Perkins, Summerville, Gnonto ... and many more

For every Jay Roy Grot, I'll give you a Illan Meslier. For every Laurens De Bock, a Pascal Strujik. There may be more signings that didn't make it than signings that did. But the financial gains are much bigger than the financial losses. The positives exponentially outweigh the negatives.

His signings have put us in a much better position overall
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

If that is true then you would go for Monchi over Orta by a mile (master over student)

No idea how long the Benfica dude has been there but they have done great business over the last few years.

Darwin Nunez signed for £30mil and sold for £90mil.

Joao Felix and Ruben Dias, two academy players sold for £170mil the pair.

If the Benfica guy has been there sometime then you'd assume he'd be above Orta to (possibly on the Nunez deal alone).

No idea about the other guy
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:34 pm Feel I need to sprinkle a little Orta appreciation on all this negativity

Knock every transfer that didn't work out. They're small costs compared to the gains we've made

Financially look at: Raphinha, Harrison, Meslier, Strujik, Gelhardt, Perkins, Summerville, Gnonto ... and many more

For every Jay Roy Grot, I'll give you a Illan Meslier. For every Laurens De Bock, a Pascal Strujik. There may be more signings that didn't make it than signings that did. But the financial gains are much bigger than the financial losses. The positives exponentially outweigh the negatives.

Andrew, my point is,

Your eye for talent goes out the window when you actually bring a Sacko 3m... a Grot 1m.... etc to the club....... just watch them for 3 games and you know they're garbage, so move on,
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:34 pm Feel I need to sprinkle a little Orta appreciation on all this negativity

Raphinha Harrison = how many attempts to find a winger... Costa...Poveda...etc

Meslier = how many keepers, Kiko, Felix, Caprille etc

I'm pretty sure we're heading towards at least 5 attempts in each position before nailing 1, a good eye wouldn't even entertain De Bock Kiko Grot Sacko etc........ please send me around Europe on free jollies staying in top hotels and flying on private jets and i promise you i will come back with better players, jeez how does he fool you with the odd good one.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hey, do you think Struik is better than Koch and Llorente ?

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:24 pm Hey, do you think Struik is better than Koch and Llorente ?
No
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Im with you bro.
'
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Yeah this is a good one.

Ok, how many attempts to find a decent striker ? Please name all the strikers you can.....

Bamford.
Rodrigo.
Grot.
Perkins.
Cibicki.
JFK
Joffy.

Any others ?

;@)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:29 pm Im with you bro.
So are the billionaires at Chelsea. Seems they know more than the peanut throwing hecklers on here.

Seriously. I will reiterate. Every Orta success lands us a bigger financial gain than every Orta failure costs. Complain about any number of transfers you want. His policy, overall, has made our squad stronger and our finances stronger.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:37 pm So are the billionaires at Chelsea. Seems they know more than the peanut throwing hecklers on here.

Seriously. I will reiterate. Every Orta success lands us a bigger financial gain than every Orta failure costs. Complain about any number of transfers you want. His policy, overall, has made our squad stronger and our finances stronger.
Not sure being the backup backup backup choice of football novices who've spent the whole summer playing real world football manager is a ringing endorsement :)

Fact is Orta has been in charge at 4 clubs, Elche, Zenit, Boro and here.

1 season at Zenit, did nothing of note.
18 months at Elche, relegated for financial reasons and when Orta left they were mid table 2nd division.
18months at Boro (they were top when he arrived and thus he had little to do with promotion) but he was publicly criticised by Steve Gibson for his recruitment after relegation.

And here and his record here is patchy at best with many of the fans being unconvinced.

All be it he gets some credit for promotion, but by the same token he gets criticised for our almost relegation and a gamble in January which he allowed.

Aside from that his professionalism is dodgy, picking fights with fans, arguing with fans, even the Chief Executive (Kinnear) has basically said he is unprofessional.

Radz puts up with it.

But can you honestly see the billionaires at Chelsea with all there shareholders putting up with that?

He isn't the worst DOF in the world, but he isn't the best either, far from it.

Could we do better? Absolutely.

Would you trust this ownership to do better? Perhaps not, but that says more about them than Orta.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Radz and the board must be absolutely furious

Marsch is 100% his man (Orta)

Studied Him for months, convinced the board he was the right man to the point we wouldn't have sacked him if relegated and gave him a 4 year deal all on the advice of the man in charge of our entire football policy.

Any DOF would be under serious scrutiny after this surely?
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:11 pm Radz and the board must be absolutely furious

Marsch is 100% his man (Orta)

Studied Him for months, convinced the board he was the right man to the point we wouldn't have sacked him if relegated and gave him a 4 year deal all on the advice of the man in charge of our entire football policy.

Any DOF would be under serious scrutiny after this surely?
No point preaching to the choir CJay. Isn't the board's fault and all the players are world class.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:13 pm No point preaching to the choir CJay. Isn't the board's fault and all the players are world class.
If Marsch goes so should Orta

Managers, players get booted but the man who oversees the whole thing is still here
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:39 pm
Dan James leaving looks worse every day. I mean, he was seen as surplus to requirements. His replacement is deemed not premier league ready, hasn't played one minute and can't even make the bench at the moment. I get that Gnonto is seen as one for the future. But his signing did not justify pushing James out the door.