General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: General Chat

Post by The Subhuman »

New series not in the class of the old one ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:40 pm Sara !!!

wtf's going on no shite posted for yonks, get a grip on yer thread girl !!!

Bit of a lightweight Royal Variety tonight dontcha fink, we've only just buried her and Charles and horseface can't be arsed to show up, sending celebrity royal 'z' listers Teddy and whatsherface......You'd better shape up King Charles springer spaniel, i get's a feeling your public subjects might be calling for tha heed soon son if tha doesn't shape thasen.
Soz Kenny, it's seemed a bit slow on here lately.

Can't comment on any of the 'royal' varieties, I'm afraid.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:20 am New series not in the class of the old one ...
Can't imagine how the old one could be bettered tbh.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:59 am Can't imagine how the old one could be bettered tbh.
It wasn't, the new one is very well acted but lacks the honesty and genius of the original.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Enjoying Wednesday atm...the casting is excellent, especially Wednesday herself who as a kid used to perform autopsies on dead animals ....
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:20 am New series not in the class of the old one ...
Well Jill & I still believe the new series is class, moving & a brilliantly acted series in our opinion.

Can't be that bad, as you once commented viewtopic.php?p=808713#p808713
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:18 am Well Jill & I still believe the new series is class, moving & a brilliantly acted series in our opinion.

Can't be that bad, as you once commented viewtopic.php?p=808713#p808713
Oh I know, I liked it to start with... but went off it and haven't seen past series one. It never drew you in like the original did. I really like a lot of series to start, like music, but they often don't hold appeal past a certain point

The new series is much better acted and obviously with modern technology, looks better. But it lacks empathy, honesty and character.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I have the original series on DVD and that still gets watched...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

With the Next Manager thread veering off into a discussion of crisps, it's probably time to bump this.

So, haggis day, a couple of days late. One of my favourite meals.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Last night's Jalapeño and Dill crisps were distinctly lemony. Would probably really like Welsh rabbit flavour.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Unfortunately, the beardy hipster isn't drinking real ale these days. Had one try to get me to sample his pale citrus concoction (no, that isn't a euphemism) last night, and never got past the smell. Horrible stuff.

We were on the Burton Bridge Old Expensive, as featured with Dougal the Dog in the pics thread.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Currently a big fan of Tesco (other supermarkets are available) Roast Beef and Horseradish crisps. Proper horseradish hit to them and a strong beef flavour. A nod also to Marmite Cashews, but they are a rip-off (more air than nuts in the bag)!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Big fan of marmite and twiglets, but that's never translated to other applications.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Always go for these, when available:

B6314727-AA1C-448B-B9B9-7AE73BEFE8C0.jpeg
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Wonder what happened to the lost shark.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SaraM wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:16 am Big fan of marmite and twiglets, but that's never translated to other applications.

Was just thinking the other day, it's absolutely ages since I had Twiglets!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:29 am Was just thinking the other day, it's absolutely ages since I had Twiglets!
Don't seem to see them as commonly in pubs lately. Wonder if they're swept up in the Great Crisp Shortage, which surely presages the End of Days.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

This is the time to grab some twiglets, supermarket shelves are full of them discounted after Christmas. I snared a few tubs last week. A dangerous drinking snack, they don't half make you thirsty!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Yes they go very well with a pint or three. We were on leftover Christmas beer last night.

http://www.burtonbridgebrewery.co.uk/Br ... s/OX.shtml