Golf Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Golf Thread - The Ryder Cup

Post by Jaydog »

malcolmw wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:04 pm Not sure if they showed it over there, but here NBC started the coverage with this big analysis of the 18th hole incident.
Footage from another angle showed how while Rory was analyzing his putt Lacava just wandered almost in front of him waving his cap. What a total dickhead! Rory of course asked him for some space.
Typical bullheaded inconsiderate attitude we'd sadly come to expect.
I believe they've all hugged and made up.
Yeah. Some gamesmanship going on but standing on someone’s line and challenging them before a putt. Just carry a bag Joe, you’re a caddy mate. Don’t think Tiger would be impressed.
Also money reared its ugly head with the American cap thing. Like Faldo said if you want to play for money you’re not on the team so bog off.
Rory was all business today. It motivated him very positively
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:57 pm Luke Donald masterminded a famous victory.
He did Jay, our team was well prepared.

Yanks had a go today though.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Utter dominance.

Well done to the European team.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:42 pm Enjoy.
Thank god the “right” result happened.
Just registered my interest in Ireland 2027. Not sure when the ballot is but I’ll give it a go.
I'm going to do the same Jaydog
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:48 am I'm going to do the same Jaydog
So hard to get tickets to big golf events now Chilli.
The Open is balloted now. Tried for next years Masters & failed. Got a quote for a company for 4 days tickets, accommodation & flights - 15k each 😱
My brother went the year Zach Johnson won for about 2k all in. How times have changed.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I was glued to the coverage from start to finish.
The Rahm half point yesterday was massive. Lose that match and the outcome becomes less certain.

Rahm, Hovland and McIroy carried the European team to a large degree. As our three class acts they turned up for every match.

Hatton, Fitz, Rose, Lowry and Tommy also played big roles.

But we needed that considering we had 3/4 rookies.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:21 am I was glued to the coverage from start to finish.
The Rahm half point yesterday was massive. Lose that match and the outcome becomes less certain.

Rahm, Hovland and McIroy carried the European team to a large degree. As our three class acts they turned up for every match.

Hatton, Fitz, Rose, Lowry and Tommy also played big roles.

But we needed that considering we had 3/4 rookies.
I think Hovland will win his first major next year and he's well on his way to becoming world no 1
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Also Max Homa will win a major sooner or later.
Class and still underrated.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:38 am I think Hovland will win his first major next year and he's well on his way to becoming world no 1
His game suggests so - Aberg is one to keep an eye on as well. Next year might be too early for him, but he has that calm unflustered demeanour that reminds me of Ernie Els.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:46 am So hard to get tickets to big golf events now Chilli.
The Open is balloted now. Tried for next years Masters & failed. Got a quote for a company for 4 days tickets, accommodation & flights - 15k each 😱
My brother went the year Zach Johnson won for about 2k all in. How times have changed.
Sign up to to the One Club, its free and gives you excess to tickets before they go on sale to the public for the British Open. There is no guarantee of course for tickets, for example i tried to buy Open tickets for the 150th event at St Andrews, that ended up as a ballot and i only got tickets for 2 days of practice rounds, but it was still good to see. This years Open i got tickets for 2 days of practice rounds, plus tickets for 2 days tournament play ( Sat, & Sun, )
Next years Open at Troon, i doubt will sell out too quickly but the year after its at Portrush and it will definitely end up as a ballot, the demand to for that will be massive again like it was back in 2019.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:15 pm Sign up to to the One Club, its free and gives you excess to tickets before they go on sale to the public for the British Open. There is no guarantee of course for tickets, for example i tried to buy Open tickets for the 150th event at St Andrews, that ended up as a ballot and i only got tickets for 2 days of practice rounds, but it was still good to see. This years Open i got tickets for 2 days of practice rounds, plus tickets for 2 days tournament play ( Sat, & Sun, )
Next years Open at Troon, i doubt will sell out too quickly but the year after its at Portrush and it will definitely end up as a ballot, the demand to for that will be massive again like it was back in 2019.
Yeah I’ve done that GW. Thing is I prefer the old way of making my mind up about going to the Open in May or June. Don’t believe it has to be balloted and attendances seem to back that up but Ireland as you say will be oversubscribed so I’ll defo enter for that one.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:15 pm Sign up to to the One Club, its free and gives you excess to tickets before they go on sale to the public for the British Open. There is no guarantee of course for tickets, for example i tried to buy Open tickets for the 150th event at St Andrews, that ended up as a ballot and i only got tickets for 2 days of practice rounds, but it was still good to see. This years Open i got tickets for 2 days of practice rounds, plus tickets for 2 days tournament play ( Sat, & Sun, )
Ssssshhhhhhh, don’t want those nutcases in Portrush, maybe Kenny & Geronimo could share a caravan 🤔
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:42 pm Ssssshhhhhhh, don’t want those nutcases in Portrush, maybe Kenny & Geronimo could share a caravan 🤔
No way. Big G never leaves his shed in daylight.
It takes a lot of effort to write fella 9000 times a day you know.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:44 pm No way. Big G never leaves his shed in daylight.
It takes a lot of effort to write fella 9000 times a day you know.
🤣🤣🤣
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Btw Greenie all future Opens will be balloted including Troon next year. The 2024 ballot is already done & dusted. They do it directly after the Open is finished for the following year.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:13 pm Btw Greenie all future Opens will be balloted including Troon next year. The 2024 ballot is already done & dusted. They do it directly after the Open is finished for the following year.
Thanks for that info Jaydog :tup: wasn't planning on next year but certainly will for Portrush.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:42 pm Ssssshhhhhhh, don’t want those nutcases in Portrush, maybe Kenny & Geronimo could share a caravan 🤔
Can just see it now, both of them in a Father Ted type caravan, Y-Fronts hanging out the windows and empty Buckie bottles all over the ground :lol: :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:13 pm Can just see it now, both of them in a Father Ted type caravan, Y-Fronts hanging out the windows and empty Buckie bottles all over the ground :lol: :lol:
DRINK.
I think there’d be blood spilt.
What’s a Buckie btw?
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:31 pm DRINK.
I think there’d be blood spilt.
What’s a Buckie btw?
You dont know what Buckie is, man you haven't lived if you haven't had Buckie :)

Its Buckfast Tonic wine, cheap ( I'm not sure ) and something that is well known to be the drink of choice for Northern Ireland fans when they head out to get pissed, and also other football fans as well, i may add.

I tried it once, and never will drink it again :sick: :sick:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:36 pm You dont know what Buckie is, man you haven't lived if you haven't had Buckie :)

Its Buckfast Tonic wine, cheap ( I'm not sure ) and something that is well known to be the drink of choice for Northern Ireland fans when they head out to get pissed, and also other football fans as well, i may add.

I tried it once, and never will drink it again :sick: :sick:
Like Ernie Els I like quality wine so I reckon I’ll give Buckie a miss 😆
Oh god it’s fortified wine with added caffeine. Sounds like an Aldi wine.