Last game at Elland Road for How Many?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
William
First Team
First Team

Last game at Elland Road for How Many?

Post by William »

In all the emotion of today it almost slipped past me that today would ( probably) see the last time some of our players play in front of a home crowd.

A crowd who unlike the Arsenal, ManU, Everton, Newcastle, Brighton and Spurs fans have all booed their team off the pitch this season.

Not once, despite all the awful watches the Elland Road faithful have had to go through.

And these two guys especially will miss that loyal unconditional love that has been directed toward them over this past few seasons.

Kalvin Phillips and Raphinha were both spotted back on the pitch long after the ground had been cleared.
Raph especially sat for a long time on his own I am told. Back to the goalpost ( how many times did he strike the bloody thing haha)

Soaking it in. I wonder what was going through his mind?

Will he ever receive such unconditional support and understanding when he moves on?

I wonder some times.

Lets hope that these two players -- our stars - are the ones to bring it home next week.

Raphinha make me smile.

You did.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220515_184501_cKP and Raph 1.jpg
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Last game at Elland Road for How Many?

Post by Cjay »

I imagine whatever happens quite a few of those players on the Elland Road pitch will never take to it in a Leeds shirt again.

I think Raph was having one last look around tbh.

Can't blame him if he leaves and I think he has been fully committed to the last.

He got engaged in Leeds, LIFC gave him his chance at the top level and I am sure he is grateful.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Once they move on, that's that.

I don't wish them ill. I just have little interest in them again. Some have screwed us over more, like Kewell. Some have gone to awful clubs, like Smith. It's not worth dwelling on any of them
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Ayling, Forshaw (if they'd played), Klich , Rodrigo and Raph (obviously).
Hoping Kalvin stays another year.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Resigned myself to losing rapha and maybe Phillips, hopefully it’s the end for Rodrigo and Roberts, klick, Llorente and Koch must be worried about their future.
Harrison is too inconsistent at this level, I’ll give firpo benefit of first season in English football, but what I’ve seen so far, he’s dog s**t.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Madron wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:09 am Ayling, Forshaw (if they'd played), Klich , Rodrigo and Raph (obviously).
Hoping Kalvin stays another year.
Add Cooper to that list, no where near good enough at Prem level.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:37 pm Add Cooper to that list, no where near good enough at Prem level.
Had a stinker today.