Post A Photo You’ve Taken

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Post A Photo You’ve Taken

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:02 pmA friend.
:tup: :tup:

Lovely photo of the sky/coast looking towards Dunstanburgh.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

29th June, the hottest day in 2019, when I had to be in London.

1BB2D75C-23AC-4805-B5F6-26845F79C301.jpeg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm in London today, helping my nephew move.....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Stunning Peavey Rotor EXP Pro (Limited Edition) Explorer guitar I should never have sold. If this ever came up for sale I'd buy it back in an instant! Here's a video of me playing it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7RlS9ns9lo
Stunning Peavey Rotor EXP Pro (Limited Edition) Explorer guitar I should never have sold. If this ever came up for sale I'd buy it back in an instant! Here's a video of me playing it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7RlS9ns9lo
peavey.jpg (92.84 KiB) Viewed 769 times
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:42 am I'm in London today, helping my nephew move.....
Hopefully you won't be obliged to travel on the tube... I was in Canary Wharf and it was a hellscape.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:01 am Stunning Peavey Rotor EXP Pro (Limited Edition) Explorer guitar I should never have sold. If this ever came up for sale I'd buy it back in an instant! Here's a video of me playing it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7RlS9ns9lo

peavey.jpg
My favourite guitar; a 2003 '61 Reissue with Bareknuckle Mississippi Queens, wired for master and neck vol only.

0AA31BBD-C8F5-4CA3-A9CC-52DAAC533E53.jpeg
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SaraM wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:57 am My favourite guitar; a 2003 '61 Reissue with Bareknuckle Mississippi Queens, wired for master and neck vol only.

0AA31BBD-C8F5-4CA3-A9CC-52DAAC533E53.jpeg
That's nice. I have a similar looking Epiphone version of the SG. It's a Korean-made G400 from 2002. The Epi versions normally have an unbound neck but the version I have has neck binding. 2002 was the only year up until recently that you got binding so in that sense, it's quite rare. It was a lucky purchase from a client of mine who had it listed for 200 with Hiscox hard case and I got it for £180 so got a real bargain. I didn't notice the binding until after I'd agreed to buy it: BONUS! I think it was made at the Unsung or Samick plant (I'll have to check). It's currently due to go on the bench as I'm upgrading the pickups/electrics. I have some new old stock Seymours/Dimarzio's with Zebra bobbins knocking about (I put Zebra's in most of my keepers). I also normally coil split all of my humbuckers (I love a neck single tone)...

PS: I used to hate SG's until I refretted a vintage Gibson and fell in love once I'd played it...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:09 am That's nice. I have a similar looking Epiphone version of the SG. It's a Korean-made G400 from 2002. The Epi versions normally have an unbound neck but the version I have has neck binding. 2002 was the only year up until recently that you got binding so in that sense, it's quite rare. It was a lucky purchase from a client of mine who had it listed for 200 with Hiscox hard case and I got it for £180 so got a real bargain. I didn't notice the binding until after I'd agreed to buy it: BONUS! I think it was made at the Unsung or Samick plant (I'll have to check). It's currently due to go on the bench as I'm upgrading the pickups/electrics. I have some new old stock Seymours/Dimarzio's with Zebra bobbins knocking about (I put Zebra's in most of my keepers). I also normally coil split all of my humbuckers (I love a neck single tone)...

PS: I used to hate SG's until I refretted a vintage Gibson and fell in love once I'd played it...
I've always been an SG girl, probably because they're so light and easy to play, and P90s have all the warmth and fatness of Gibson with that clarity and gnarly bite. My first was a '74 with mini hums though. Also had a '68 Special and a '64 Jr. The vintage stuff is long gone, mainly because the reissue is better; be worth a bit now if I'd kept them though. I've put those Bareknuckles on everything since they came out in 2005. Currently also have them in a Gretsch and a Revstar.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I'm not keen on the Gibson binding actually, because the frets don't go over it. It's done much better on the Revstar.

9837BE4A-7D61-43F7-8613-2DDFBA9146C3.jpeg
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

SaraM wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:20 am 29th June, the hottest day in 2019, when I had to be in London.

1BB2D75C-23AC-4805-B5F6-26845F79C301.jpeg
I was in london that day, travelled from Dungeness to St Pancras, then it all went haywire, with trains being cancelled from Kings cross up north due to the lines buckling, finally managed to dive on a ram jam packed train heading to Newcastle , dived off at Donny before getting another to Leeds, they then put us in a taxi onwards foc, finally getting home at 3am.
Thankfully, I don;t have to make those journeys any more.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SaraM wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:23 am I've always been an SG girl, probably because they're so light and easy to play, and P90s have all the warmth and fatness of Gibson with that clarity and gnarly bite. My first was a '74 with mini hums though. Also had a '68 Special and a '64 Jr. The vintage stuff is long gone, mainly because the reissue is better; be worth a bit now if I'd kept them though. I've put those Bareknuckles on everything since they came out in 2005. Currently also have them in a Gretsch and a Revstar.
Those Yamaha Revstars are brilliant brilliant (yes x2) guitars. I had one in the workshop a couple of years ago. I also had a Gretsch Chet Atkins in recently (a repeat/regular client). A lot of guitar for little money (Revstar) and a lot of guitar for a lot of money (Gretsch CA). We've all sold stuff we should have kept LOL
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:36 am I was in london that day, travelled from Dungeness to St Pancras, then it all went haywire, with trains being cancelled from Kings cross up north due to the lines buckling, finally managed to dive on a ram jam packed train heading to Newcastle , dived off at Donny before getting another to Leeds, they then put us in a taxi onwards foc, finally getting home at 3am.
Thankfully, I don;t have to make those journeys any more.
Yeah, it's horrible, you just want to get home. The tube, particularly, was unbearable. When I'd finished my meetings I just sat in the upstairs room of The Harp, by the window and drank until it'd cooled off. Best place to be in London on a hot day.

019C03F4-7508-46D5-AAED-E3AEA77AA5C4.jpeg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:50 am Hopefully you won't be obliged to travel on the tube... I was in Canary Wharf and it was a hellscape.
No but I did get to spend 4 hours in a sweat box of a van with no air-con and stuck in traffic.... that was fun. I was wearing a T shirt with a transfer on the front and that nearly burned me when I touched it....

I've been in Australia in 43 degree heat and that was mild compared to today, all the pollution mixed with the heat is not fun... Real problems breathing
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:57 pm No but I did get to spend 4 hours in a sweat box of a van with no air-con and stuck in traffic.... that was fun. I was wearing a T shirt with a transfer on the front and that nearly burned me when I touched it....

I've been in Australia in 43 degree heat and that was mild compared to today,all the pollution mixed with the heat is not fun... Real problems breathing
I hope you paid you congestion charge, you know the one that reduces pollution from our cities ( or rather lines the pockets of corrupt politicians)
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:57 pm No but I did get to spend 4 hours in a sweat box of a van with no air-con and stuck in traffic.... that was fun. I was wearing a T shirt with a transfer on the front and that nearly burned me when I touched it....

I've been in Australia in 43 degree heat and that was mild compared to today, all the pollution mixed with the heat is not fun... Real problems breathing
Sounds grim. Hope it's not fucked with your asthma too much.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

On my cycling route today. These must have painted in last day or so.

Shocking lack of attention to detail by the 👩‍🎨 on that nearest dice 🙄

ADDB222B-032A-4353-8FCB-9A51D9FE58A1.jpeg
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Some nice guitars on here so I thought I'd post one of mine, tried to do an arty shot lol.
It's been toured a lot and it needs some TLC, but it hardly gets played now as I prefer my other guitars, so I might get shut.
IMG_20220730_151129.jpg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:47 pm On my cycling route today. These must have painted in last day or so.

Shocking lack of attention to detail by the 👩‍🎨 on that nearest dice 🙄

ADDB222B-032A-4353-8FCB-9A51D9FE58A1.jpeg
lpl, careless
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Last neet outside my lodge.
20220809_210723.jpg
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:48 am Last neet outside my lodge.

20220809_210723.jpg
Nice. You can't beat nature