Roberts is...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Roberts is dog s**t

Post by White Riot »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:26 pm Could we all stop calling each other morons?
Hear, hear, old chap :clap:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Hopefully WHEN everyone's back from injury he'll be no where near the bench and sold off in the summer .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Cretin! :lol:
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:38 pm Cretin! :lol:
:lol:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:37 pm Hopefully WHEN everyone's back from injury he'll be no where near the bench and sold off in the summer .

Along with a few more I hope
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:26 pm Could we all stop calling each other morons?
Has Bates taken over the forum? :duno:
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:44 pm Has Bates taken over the forum? :duno:
It's Master bates to you !

Roberts is no where near good enough, I think all except Faaip agrees on that, but until Barndoor is back, we have to accept he's all we have a bit like 10 past 2 at the night club, when your left with a fat lass ...............
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:38 pm Cretin! :lol:

Oi :shhh:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:35 pm That's right.

I don't think it's necessary to call Roberts dogshit.

He just ain't good enough at this level and never will be.

But we've not used our transfer chest wisely so we're stuck with what we've got.

There's also this continual sentimentality about Bielsa and the players getting us here.
Great, thanks lads, well done.

But what about the here and now and the future?

Are we happy to stagnate, cos that equals instant regression at this level. We've seen sufficient evidence of that this season.
I for one don't wanna end up back in the dismal Championship.

Or do we wanna ditch the happy family sentiment and get on with the job at hand, which should be progressing this club.
Ultimately going on about the Championship forever isn't going to get us anywhere. The club have to remember isn't a Fulham, with a PL squad in the Championship, but we were already playing out of our skins in the Championship with an average group of players. That cannot continue, as you can only get away with it so long in the PL.

For all Radz and Kinnear's big talk about top 6, they don't seem to walk the walk. Unless they were talking about the Championship.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Well said Yorkshire.

Roberts’ Premier League statistics:
This season - 20 games, 872 minutes = 1 goal and 1 assist
If you add in 3 cup appearances that is 1070 minutes = still only 1 goal and 1 assist
If you add in last seasons league and cup games then he’s played in a total of 75 games totalling 2497 minutes which gives him a total of 2 goals and 3 assists.
Or to put it another way that is 1 goal every 37.5 games or if you go by minutes played = 1 goal every 1248.5 minutes which is approximately 14 games.

Now I know that, even as an attacker/striker, goals and assists don’t tell the whole story but the above stats are very poor and apart from that, from what I’ve seen, his all round game is poor too.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

velo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:47 pm It's Master bates to you !

Roberts is no where near good enough, I think all except Faaip agrees on that, but until Barndoor is back, we have to accept he's all we have a bit like 10 past 2 at the night club, when your left with a fat lass ...............
We have Gelhardt. He would've gambled on one of these chances yesterday, as he did v Chelsea. I can't see how Bielsa thinks we'd be worse off if he is playing, stats suggest otherwise.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:49 pm We have Gelhardt. He would've gambled on one of these chances yesterday, as he did v Chelsea. I can't see how Bielsa thinks we'd be worse off if he is playing, stats suggest otherwise.

You've got to feel with the amount of balls we put into the box that Joffy has to be the option
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Joe can also create his own goals as well remember.

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:49 pm Well said Yorkshire.

Roberts’ Premier League statistics:
This season - 20 games, 872 minutes = 1 goal and 1 assist
If you add in 3 cup appearances that is 1070 minutes = still only 1 goal and 1 assist
If you add in last seasons league and cup games then he’s played in a total of 75 games totalling 2497 minutes which gives him a total of 2 goals and 3 assists.
Or to put it another way that is 1 goal every 37.5 games or if you go by minutes played = 1 goal every 1248.5 minutes which is approximately 14 games.

Now I know that, even as an attacker/striker, goals and assists don’t tell the whole story but the above stats are very poor and apart from that, from what I’ve seen, his all round game is poor too.
Like you say BBGG, stats don't tell the whole story, but, those stats are pretty damning, 2 goals and 3 assists in 75 games as a forward is appalling, no other manager would keep the faith in him, that's Bielsa' trait, a loyalty thats costing the team.
Not only the lack of goals but his all-round play isn't good enough, that's only my moronic view like.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Crap thread title (if you forgive the faecal connection).

Roberts is a symptom of our position at the moment, not the cause.

This is two fold.
1. He is the shining example of the managers total faith in a select group of players.
2. If the manager believes he is a viable option, it highlights the lack of investment in the critical midfield/striker positions.

Is Roberts dog s..t ? No, he’s just not Premiership standard. When we signed him,a lot wanted him in the side more than Bamford. Bamford got better, a lot better, Roberts stood still. From whatever angle I look at him, I cannot see any progression at all.
MB believes in him,that’s obvious, and it sure is a puzzler. He must be awesome in training.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:05 pm Crap thread title (if you forgive the faecal connection).

Roberts is a symptom of our position at the moment, not the cause.

This is two fold.
1. He is the shining example of the managers total faith in a select group of players.
2. If the manager believes he is a viable option, it highlights the lack of investment in the critical midfield/striker positions.

Is Roberts dog s..t ? No, he’s just not Premiership standard. When we signed him,a lot wanted him in the side more than Bamford. Bamford got better, a lot better, Roberts stood still. From whatever angle I look at him, I cannot see any progression at all.
MB believes in him,that’s obvious, and it sure is a puzzler. He must be awesome in training.
Well said mate, Roberts has hidden talents for sure

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Roberts is ... ....

Post by BGwhite »

Get rid and prize Broja from Chelsea.

velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:11 pm Get rid and prize Broja from Chelsea.

I'm sure Gladis from Cornwall is available, and cheaper, but will offer the same

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

velo wrote: I'm sure Gladis from Cornwall is available, and cheaper, but will offer the same
I know I've heard but wouldn't go near her.

velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:28 pm I know I've heard but wouldn't go near her.

I've heard she likes to dribble