Roberts is...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: Roberts is dog s**t

Post by mentalcase »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:30 pm Didn’t seem similar threads when Ayling and Llorente gave the ball away leading to opposition goals.

Wrong sub at the wrong time today but I’m not sure laying into individuals helps
Truth is, roberts is constantly shite, laying into individuals won't bother roberts nor his step-dad bielsa, because neither will ever read this forum.
You can only give someone enough rope before they hang themselves, not really roberts' fault, if you get picked , you play, no matter how bad you are, the blame lies firmly at bielsa' door.
Ayling & Llorente as you mention aren't rubbish on a regular basis, by regular, I mean everytime he plays, the kid is out of his depth, you would think either him or his agent would be asking for a move, even a loan one.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:38 pm Truth is, roberts is constantly shite, laying into individuals won't bother roberts nor his step-dad bielsa, because neither will ever read this forum.

Nah, professional footballers never Google their own names or search for mentions on social media.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:30 pm Didn’t seem similar threads when Ayling and Llorente gave the ball away leading to opposition goals.

Wrong sub at the wrong time today but I’m not sure laying into individuals helps
Thing is after Roberts had lost possession, did Llorente have to commit the foul on the edge of the box, once again the wall was all wrong, then Meslier should have saved the shot.

As is often the case with Leeds, it's a cluster of errors that kills us, we almost did the very same thing v West Ham last week, we didn't get away with our mistakes today.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I’m sorry Yorkshire but the difference is that Ayling and Llorente are not continually ineffectual. I thought Ayling played pretty well today as usual, and Llorente was decent but Roberts was distinctly poor again, as he inevitably seems to be.

Every footballer loses the ball from time to time but overall they contribute a great deal more to the team than Roberts ever does.

If he had played better than he has done over 100+ games then he wouldn’t be being singled out, but the fact is that he continually disappoints more than any other player imo.
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:16 pm Totally agree with that bunch of wanna bee you mention. Those players mentioned should have been addressed in the summer and now.
Must be one big roller coaster playing for Leeds. Score a hat-trick against a top-6 side one week, next week fans label you a “wanna be”
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Aussieleeds wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:32 pm Must be one big roller coaster playing for Leeds. Score a hat-trick against a top-6 side one week, next week fans label you a “wanna be”

And James, we should have replaced him in the summer!
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

There's no point discussing this anymore. The thread name is correct, but I don't blame Roberts - I blame Bielsa for playing him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 pm And James, we should have replaced him in the summer!
Could we get the thread title changed please ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:47 pm Thing is after Roberts had lost possession, did Llorente have to commit the foul on the edge of the box, once again the wall was all wrong, then Meslier should have saved the shot.

As is often the case with Leeds, it's a cluster of errors that kills us, we almost did the very same thing v West Ham last week, we didn't get away with our mistakes today.

Errors throughout the game cost us, the defeat isn’t on Roberts. If our crossing and finishing had been better we wouldn’t have been in that position.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Only a moron blames Roberts ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:39 am Only a moron blames Roberts ...
Only a moron continues to justify roberts
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

I’m not a fan of Roberts, but he was not to blame for that loss yesterday.

What confuses me is, as Bielsa is such a big fan of Roberts why not start him at 9 yesterday? He was a better option there than James. He could have played everyone else as they were (which I wouldn’t have agreed with but not relevant to this discussion) and keep James on the bench.

Then he would have had more options for change - straight swap between Roberts and Gelhardt if it was just finishing was the issue, James as a fresh sub for either wing against a slow defence, or even bring Raphinha into 10 and take Rodrigo off. By starting our three wingers his options were reduced.

I thought Rodrigo was terrible yesterday. Poor pass selection and timing, poor control on the ball (which meant he butchered a key chance late in the first half) and an overall lack of presence from a senior international. How he stayed on I just don’t know.

And yet the focus is entirely on Roberts - not accurate or fair in relation to this game.
Last edited by Boo Radley on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He isn't good enough, but that's not his fault. It's the club's fault and Bielsa's fault for continuing to pick him. But he's not the only one. Klich, Ayling, Dallas, Cooper need replacing too. Are we just gonna have the same players forever?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:57 am Only a moron continues to justify roberts
Only a moron like you continues to abuse Leeds players .. I can justify Roberts all f**king day long ...
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

O dear, on a Sunday as well !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Stan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Stan »

I for one will be pleased the day he moves on, wish him well but he didn't look top half Championship quality never mind PL. Not the only one though and feel for Geldhart atm.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:13 am Only a moron like you continues to abuse Leeds players .. I can justify Roberts all f**king day long ...
I pay my money, I have an opinion, whether you like it or not, I decide not you, I respect others views, sometimes we are all wrong, NO you can't justify roberts at all, he's hopeless and holding back others far more deserving.
Moron
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

mentalcase wrote: I pay my money, I have an opinion, whether you like it or not, I decide not you, I respect others views, sometimes we are all wrong, NO you can't justify roberts at all, he's hopeless and holding back others far more deserving.
Moron
Quite right !!

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Could we all stop calling each other morons?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:04 am He isn't good enough, but that's not his fault. It's the club's fault and Bielsa's fault for continuing to pick him. But he's not the only one. Klich, Ayling, Dallas, Cooper need replacing too. Are we just gonna have the same players forever?
That's right.

I don't think it's necessary to call Roberts dogshit.

He just ain't good enough at this level and never will be.

But we've not used our transfer chest wisely so we're stuck with what we've got.

There's also this continual sentimentality about Bielsa and the players getting us here.
Great, thanks lads, well done.

But what about the here and now and the future?

Are we happy to stagnate, cos that equals instant regression at this level. We've seen sufficient evidence of that this season.
I for one don't wanna end up back in the dismal Championship.

Or do we wanna ditch the happy family sentiment and get on with the job at hand, which should be progressing this club.