Brenden Aaronson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Re: Brenden Aaronson- RUMOUR

Post by Tyzy »

He's too young,MB wouldn't play him anyway😋
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:33 pm One slightly concerning aspect is all reports say Red Bull Salzburg are adamant he will not be sold in January.

We once chased a player for a whole month despite being told no repeatedly and effectively told to stop calling. . . . Che Adams.

LUFC then ended up signing JKA . . . .

Leeds being confident doesn't give much comfort.

Leeds were confident they could sign Che Adams.
Leeds were confident they could get Lewis O'brien for £4mil.
Leeds were confident they could sign Said Benrahma for £12mil.

LUFC have a history of being a bit well, deluded.

I hope we don't get this wrong again
Leeds have Victor Orta . Don't need to say much more , he will piss around until Jan 30th , it will fail and by then too late for any other option.
I don't think anyone is coming in , not because they don't want anyone , but because Victor Orta .
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Austrian media reporting thay the £20mil offer has been rejected.

Surely we can take the hint now? The answer is NO!!!!

Move on.

Also am I alone in being a bit uncomfortable bidding £20mil for a highly rated player but whose only football has been on very weak leagues?

RB Salzburg are known for signing gems but it's a risk surely?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I did say I can't see us making any signings in this window even though we have an horrendous injury scenario.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:43 pm Austrian media reporting thay the £20mil offer has been rejected.

Surely we can take the hint now? The answer is NO!!!!

Move on.

Also am I alone in being a bit uncomfortable bidding £20mil for a highly rated player but whose only football has been on very weak leagues?

RB Salzburg are known for signing gems but it's a risk surely?
We have enough youngsters,an experienced 25 to 26 year old is what we need
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tyzy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:16 pm We have enough youngsters,an experienced 25 to 26 year old is what we need
Inclined to agree.

Just seems a lot of money for clearly a big risk.

But he runs a lot apparently so Bielsa will be foaming at the mouth with excitement.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Doesn't tally up with the RB Salzburg won't sell anyone line.

Maybe it's they just don't want to sell to us (probably)
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:53 pm
Doesn't tally up with the RB Salzburg won't sell anyone line.

Maybe it's they just don't want to sell to us (probably)
It says for the summer, not now. We could agree to sign Aaronson in the summer, but we don't know what league we'll be in.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Tyzy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:16 pm We have enough youngsters,an experienced 25 to 26 year old is what we need
We don't. The starting line up is too old and the youngsters get very little game time nor have any experience. We need some younger players in the starting line up.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

I agree some of our players are getting old but right now we need to steady the ship,u23 players are not the answer ,a 25 to 26 yrs is not old but old enough to have experience
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

USA play today at 4pm Californian time so I'll stick on the game and see if Aaronson plays.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Tyzy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:14 pm I agree some of our players are getting old but right now we need to steady the ship,u23 players are not the answer ,a 25 to 26 yrs is not old but old enough to have experience
You don't seriously believe Aaronson would be for the u23s do you? Not a chance he'd come to play u23s football anyway.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Athletic now saying we might try and agree a deal now, for him to join in the summer. Ok, but I have two issues:
1) What happens if we get relegated?
2) What about the short term for the rest of the season, which is far more important at this stage of the season?
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I can't see why Red Bull group would sell to us now with the Augustin hearing in March anyway.

Whether we have to pay them £18m for the boy or get to stiff them for the £18m (as they would see it) could impact heavily on their willingness to do business with us in the summer. The latter scenario might leave a very bad taste.

And if we do have to stump up, would we have the money to go back in for him in June?

Would the £18m have an adverse impact on our FFP position going forward?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:13 pm I can't see why Red Bull group would sell to us now with the Augustin hearing in March anyway.

Whether we have to pay them £18m for the boy or get to stiff them for the £18m (as they would see it) could impact heavily on their willingness to do business with us in the summer. The latter scenario might leave a very bad taste.

And if we do have to stump up, would we have the money to go back in for him in June?

Would the £18m have an adverse impact on our FFP position going forward?
Think they have to be a bit careful because Fifa investigated them and they had to prove that Red Bull Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg were owned by separate entities in order for them to both be able to play in the Champions League.

If Fifa get wind that Red Bull Salzburg transfer business is being influenced by an issue for Red Bull Leipzig then I would imagine they could be in huge trouble.

That being said it would be really hard to prove presumably and if I was RB Salzburg I would string us along until 31st.

We deserve to get shafted imo, nothing sits well with the JKA deal, we owe them and we know it and using the pandemic to weasel out of it leaves a very bad taste.

You would imagine losing would have an impact? Its a significant amount of cash.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:24 pm Think they have to be a bit careful because Fifa investigated them and they had to prove that Red Bull Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg were owned by separate entities in order for them to both be able to play in the Champions League.

If Fifa get wind that Red Bull Salzburg transfer business is being influenced by an issue for Red Bull Leipzig then I would imagine they could be in huge trouble.

That being said it would be really hard to prove presumably and if I was RB Salzburg I would string us along until 31st.

We deserve to get shafted imo, nothing sits well with the JKA deal, we owe them and we know it and using the pandemic to weasel out of it leaves a very bad taste.

You would imagine losing would have an impact? Its a significant amount of cash.
The contract said we had to be promoted on 30th June. We weren't and he returned to Leipzig the next day.

FIFA can't change their rules when it suits. Otherwise Bournemouth have grounds to claim for compensation for their relegation, after Ryan Fraser refused to sign an extension after 30th June.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:27 pm The contract said we had to be promoted on 30th June. We weren't and he returned to Leipzig the next day.

FIFA can't change their rules when it suits. Otherwise Bournemouth have grounds to claim for compensation for their relegation, after Ryan Fraser refused to sign an extension after 30th June.
Did it give a specific date though? There appears to be some debate about that.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

SG90 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:42 pm
Great, can help us get promoted back to the prem next season... ;-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Very reliable American source apparently

£24mil is a bit steep for such an unproven player but he was apparently excellent vs Bayern
Signed

King Cjay