Rodrigo Moreno- Joins Al-Rayyan confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Rodrigo Moreno

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Totally agree with all of the above.
Not his fault he's just not the right fit.

BTW if Bamford played as poorly as Rodrigo has since he has been starting he would be getting pelters on here.

Time to bite the bullet and get rid.
Almost as big a flop as Thomas Brolin!
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Said on a previous match thread devoid of confidence, stamina and everything thing else associated with being a footballer. We've destroyed an international footballer to be honest, may as well have stuck him in goal.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Time to say adios, he aint gonna cut it I'm afraid, done nowt as CF and certainly won't cut it as a midfielder, even if he did, he wouldn't dispose tyler .
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:12 pm Almost as big a flop as Thomas Brolin!
You took the words out of my mouth, Johnboy
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

He is not a fit in the MB system. Personally, I think the demands are so huge it either makes or breaks players. Hence why he prefers to play his stalwarts despite a number having inherent technical deficiencies. These are often masked if the system is purring. However teams have quickly learnt that if they press our defence from the off we struggle to get into any rhythm. The only games we have played well is when the opposition have set up to defend. Even then we have struggled because we cannot break teams down effectively this season. Too many have been unable to maintain last seasons standards - Dallas, Harrison, and Bamford mainly. Raphinia and Meslier are carrying us currently. Klick only turns up when we are on top. Defensively we are no worse but we are facing far more pressure this season.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I defended him a lot when he was being played in midfield, but he's had a chance up front and not taken it. I'd start Gelhardt next game.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

We need to get rid ASAP. It's not working out for either party.

Get rid in Jan and use the money to urgently get a centre mid in
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Any thoughts that ditching Rodrigo, who's mates with Raph, might add to Raph's reasons for wanting to leave?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:16 pm Any thoughts that ditching Rodrigo, who's mates with Raph, might add to Raph's reasons for wanting to leave?
Judging by Deco's comments i dont think it will make any difference.

Besides Rodrigo will be one of our top earners, lot of money for a friend.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by rondownunder »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:22 am I defended him a lot when he was being played in midfield, but he's had a chance up front and not taken it. I'd start Gelhardt next game.
Likewise. Rodrigo is the best example of what has happened to a few our players this year - they look incredibly sluggish. If Joffy is as good as people in the club think he might become, I'd be starting him in behind Bamford when fit. Some players in our Youth squad lack the physical stature to deal with the Prem, however that is not true of Joffy and Cresswell. It's time to play them both as the existing senior players, most notably Roberts and Rodrigo, are not up to it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rondownunder wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 pm Likewise. Rodrigo is the best example of what has happened to a few our players this year - they look incredibly sluggish. If Joffy is as good as people in the club think he might become, I'd be starting him in behind Bamford when fit. Some players in our Youth squad lack the physical stature to deal with the Prem, however that is not true of Joffy and Cresswell. It's time to play them both as the existing senior players, most notably Roberts and Rodrigo, are not up to it.
Indeed :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:16 pm Any thoughts that ditching Rodrigo, who's mates with Raph, might add to Raph's reasons for wanting to leave?
Sad state of affairs if Raphinha needs Rodrigo to hold his hand, who right now is an expensive passenger.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Same sad state of affairs if Raph is going because the players he plays with are s**t ..which seems to be a mantra here... I was just highlighting that sad opinion
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Rapha will be leaving regardless of what the club does with Rodrigo. If Rapha gets the hump tough shite. No one is bigger than the club.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

All players leave at some point, the game is to buy low sell high, and we should achieve that with Raph... and certainly Kalvin unless he's Leeds for life which would probably put him in a group of one among his peers
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Spain head coach Luis Enrique named his 25-man squad on Friday morning, with Leeds United forward Rodrigo named in his latest squad.

Spain will travel to the Spiros Louis stadium in Athens to face Greece on Thursday 11th November, before hosting Sweden at La Cartuja in Seville a few days later on Sunday 14th November.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:51 pm Spain head coach Luis Enrique named his 25-man squad on Friday morning, with Leeds United forward Rodrigo named in his latest squad.

Spain will travel to the Spiros Louis stadium in Athens to face Greece on Thursday 11th November, before hosting Sweden at La Cartuja in Seville a few days later on Sunday 14th November.
That's all we need :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:52 pm That's all we need :roll:
Thought you'd be pleased, Swannie :|
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:01 pm Thought you'd be pleased, Swannie :|
We could do without it really we could...he's only just got his mo-jo back :x
Notwell
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Notwell »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:14 pm You took the words out of my mouth, Johnboy
I can't believe you guys are comparing him with Brolin. :|

Moreno has had good spells. Give him time. Me gusta el señor Moreno, tiene la actitud correcta.

Oh, it was written some time ago. Sorry.