Should this weekends games be called off?/Great article in the Daily rag today..

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Should this weekends games be called off?

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:02 pm Give a man a fish and you can feed him for a day

Teach a man to fish and he will disappear for a whole weekend and his wife can have some peace
Should be on a T Shirt
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

joelufc20 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:20 pm I’m just carrying on as normal. Had 18 months of hiding under restrictions and it’s done no one any good. Hopefully there will be more tickets on ticket exchange. Might get to the bar quicker in the old white hart
Like ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Non league games have been getting postponed all season due to covid and no one bats an eyelid,as soon as its premier league players testing positive its a big deal,games should carry on if possible and fans have the choice whether to attend or not.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:28 am I'm in two minds whether to attend the Arsenal game.
You've had the magic vaccine and I'm assumming the magic boosters, what's to worry about? Our leader and illustrious scientistic advisors have it all in hand.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:44 am You've had the magic vaccine and I'm assumming the magic boosters, what's to worry about? Our leader and illustrious scientistic advisors have it all in hand.
I did however, this latest variant is extremely infectious, last thing I want to do is bring the virus home to Jill & spoil our Christmas, also it's coming up to our busiest week when we return to work after the festive period, we can't afford to be ill. I have many pals who have contracted Covid at Leeds games, so naturally I'm very concerned.

Furthermore, I know we probably won't be hospitalised should one of us contract Omicron.

Leeds games are not like attending a Lords cricket match especially where I stand in the kop, at times it's absolutely manic in there. Then there is the coach journey to Leeds & back!

Leeds United won't look after you when you have problems, they don't give a damn about fans, unlike my dear Jill, family & friends who'd provide all the loving care if required.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

joelufc20 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:20 pm I’m just carrying on as normal. Had 18 months of hiding under restrictions and it’s done no one any good. Hopefully there will be more tickets on ticket exchange. Might get to the bar quicker in the old white hart
Good luck to you, Joe.

If you are not bothered about the latest variant & passing it on to your loved ones because you feel LUFC are more important, that is your opinion entirely up to you

Right now, I prefer to stay safe for the reasons in my explanation to Overman.

Loved ones are priority in my mind.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 pmLike ...
How did I know you'd like Joe's comment, mate.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

joelufc20 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:20 pm I’m just carrying on as normal. Had 18 months of hiding under restrictions and it’s done no one any good.
IMG_20211217_103510.jpg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Just in case some members think this purely a Bielsa issue (all the injuries) then

Scum v Leeds 2001.

Players OUT

Martyn
Mills
Harte
Radebe
Rio
Batty
Dacourt
Bakke
Kewell
Keane
Bridges

Subs
Duberry
Wilcox
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:30 pm Just in case some members think this purely a Bielsa issue (all the injuries) then

Scum v Leeds 2001.

Players OUT

Martyn
Mills
Harte
Radebe
Rio
Batty
Dacourt
Bakke
Kewell
Keane
Bridges

Subs
Duberry
Wilcox
I remember it well mate
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

velo wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:38 pm I remember it well mate
I don't but my memory isn't great... Picked it off the other site
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

It's done no one good? Well cancer deaths have almost vanished, so have RTA victims, Infact less people have died in the past 12 months then an other year.......but Covid's a killer, we must isolate from...how about isolating from the media and bullshit?

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Not sure all these cancelled games will help us
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Yes call them all off and award Leeds all 3 points.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Overman wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:55 pm Yes call them all off and award Leeds all 3 points.
Never going to happen, but at our present PPG, we would still survive, JUST!

WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Another match gone with just Leeds and Arsenal playing today, the season needs to be paused for a bit. it’s not fair on fans to travel to games for them to be cancelled with a couple hours notice. Just cancel FA cup replays for this year and have penalties and get rid of a friendly int break job done! Might get full match repeat on match of the day tonight though, hope it’s worth watching again!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

If not suspended, then play games behind closed doors until April. How much is football spreading Omicron? Quite a lot I'd say.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

If the season is suspended, then Burnley will have a fixture headache. Let's hope so lol.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:55 am Good luck to you, Joe.

If you are not bothered about the latest variant & passing it on to your loved ones because you feel LUFC are more important, that is your opinion entirely up to you

Right now, I prefer to stay safe for the reasons in my explanation to Overman.

Loved ones are priority in my mind.
Triple jabbed, married to a nurse who’s dealt with it all the way through. Neither of us have caught it yet. Covid can be caught anywhere regardless of circumstances. It’s all over the place not just footy games but the local pubs, shops transport etc. it’s spreading mainly due to people not getting vaccines. The govt have been slow at vaccinating the u18s and uptake is poor amongst that age group. There will always be new variants as it mutates. It’s highly infectious no matter what variant is doing the rounds. Luckily the death rate is still very low. Lockdowns do more damage than good, Sweden never locked down and their rates are about the same as the rest of Europe. In reality we should have never opened our boarders back up. Hong Kong where my sister lives has 21 day quarantine upon arrival. Needless to say they have no cases.
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Unvaccinated players, the reason for the majority of postponed matches.

PL have by far the worst vaccination rate in Europe.