Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: January 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by mentalcase »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:27 pmMy Arse
:lol: Mine as well ,but , it's what MB thinks.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteswan wrote: We could always bring Bailey back on loan :love:
Gary Bailey ?

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:36 pm Gary Bailey ?

Nooooo......Bailey Peacock-Farrell (baby face)
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I get the frustration, but surely posters have to realise that it isn't just as simple as rocking up to another club and saying "sell us X". It may be that said club would be willing to sell X, but not until they are sure about Y or Z. A lot of different factors all have to pan out for a deal to be made.That's not to say that our transfer activity hasn't been patchy overall, and generally s**t in January, but I don't think it's a simple as saying we're crap at it. Players immediately available in January are either deemed not good enough by their clubs, are no longer affordable or are deemed to be trouble. Newcastle could match Coutinho's wages and Barca wanted rid as they haven't a pot to piss in; to say we missed out there is off the mark, in my opinion.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteswan wrote: Nooooo......Bailey Peacock-Farrell (baby face)

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

So how do we explain not buying a midfielder for 4 years ? Saiz and Pablo left and neither replaced, no wonder we have no creativity from midfield and hardly any goals .

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:10 pm So how do we explain not buying a midfielder for 4 years ? Saiz and Pablo left and neither replaced, no wonder we have no creativity from midfield and hardly any goals .

The biggest flaw in our transfer activity. We clouldn't have known about Saiz's family issues, but we did know Pablo couldn't last forever and not having a replacement lined up was extremely short sighted. And it remains the area of greatest weakness.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:27 pm The biggest flaw in our transfer activity. We clouldn't have known about Saiz's family issues, but we did know Pablo couldn't last forever and not having a replacement lined up was extremely short sighted. And it remains the area of greatest weakness.
Probably not been lucky enough or just missed out. Happens. Up until this season Klich was international class (one of the best players at the 21 Euros and certainly Poland's best), Dallas was last years POTS and Forshaw has come back strong which I for one expected. Kalvin out has caused massive issues, so we had 4 maybe 5 prem quality centre mids coming into the season

If it's quality creative 10's though, they're as rare as rocking horse s**t usually with a massive price tag and salary to match and likely to go elsewhere. We see Saiz through nostalgia tinted specs but he wasn't that good often going missing in games, odds are he wouldn't have transferred that to the prem and he walked out on us. Hernandez excellent but again was a converted winger who did his best work outside even at the end.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

No excuses for not signing a midfielder for 4 years , absolutely NO excuses.
Last one was forshaw , ridiculous management at any level.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Latest nonsense doing the rounds: Liverpool are readying a £33.4m bid for Leeds United ace Kalvin Phillips… Phillips is stated to be ‘considering a change of heart’ regarding his long-term future at his boyhood club.

Real Madrid also interested according to same article.

He is still in contract for 2.5 more seasons so can’t see why on earth clubs or indeed the hacks of the press think we would sell for a figure that low when we turned down 30m when in championship.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

White went fo 50, Phillips is a 70 mill player
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by rondownunder »

The January transfer window will be just like the summer window soon because so many clubs have insanely wealthy backers. They will all be combing the bottom half of the league for the best players. If you use Villa as a template for us, we will sell KP.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:42 pm No excuses for not signing a midfielder for 4 years , absolutely NO excuses.
Last one was forshaw , ridiculous management at any level.
Sorry , one excuse........Victor Orta !
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

The lad at Hull Lewis Potter is a premier league class player .....and better than James imho
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I mentioned Tom Lawrence of Derby on a different thread yesterday. He might be worth a punt and we could get him for a steal considering Derby's problems
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:33 pm I mentioned Tom Lawrence of Derby on a different thread yesterday. He might be worth a punt and we could get him for a steal considering Derby's problems
So did I - his first goal yesterday was magic, and the second wasn’t too shabby either. Never liked him because of the Derby connection but he’s always been a good player.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Be happy with Aina and Fofana if we can get them in. Definitely would improve us.

I'd like to see us in for Matt O'Riley from MK Dons. Only £1.7m would be a bargain. I believe we were looking at him when he was at Fulham a couple of years too.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Reports today suggested we were close to signing Belgian Youth star Nicolas Raskin.

Unfortunately despite his reputation and him seemingly fitting what we need we aren't after him and these reports are false.

Sad times.

Despite our win today we do still need a few cms imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:37 pm Reports today suggested we were close to signing Belgian Youth star Nicolas Raskin.

Unfortunately despite his reputation and him seemingly fitting what we need we aren't after him and these reports are false.

Sad times.

Despite our win today we do still need a few cms imo.
Hope it's true. David Anderson is usually right about Leeds.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:18 pm Hope it's true. David Anderson is usually right about Leeds.
It's not.

Graham already denied it.

Wasn't Anderson who did the article.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom